ID a Thermarest?

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Peewiglet, Aug 15, 2004.

  1. Peewiglet

    Peewiglet Guest

    Hi,

    I've got a Thermarest that I bought probably about 8 or so years ago.
    At the time, it was the lightest one they did. It's a nice dark blue
    on one side and an attractive red on the other. I can't see it on the
    web site, and (frustratingly) none of my T-Rests have anything on
    their little labels to identify which particular product they are.

    Can anyone tell me what this one's called?

    Many thanks!

    Best wishes,
    --
    Peewiglet

    Tags:

  2. Judith

    Judith Guest

    On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 22:42:59 +0100, Peewiglet <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >I've got a Thermarest that I bought probably about 8 or so years ago.
    >At the time, it was the lightest one they did.

    I've only just realised that Thermarest have changed the names of
    their various mattresses. I had seen people on this group mention a
    Prolite but I didn't realise that the Ultralite no longer existed.

    I bought an Ultralite 3/4 about 3 or 4 years ago because it was the
    lightest one they made at the time. It's a maroon colour on the
    sleeping side and green on the underneath.

    Mine has a serial number (1296720) on the label, so perhaps Thermarest
    could advise if you emailed them your number.

    Do you want to know for a specific reason or just curiosity?

    Judith

  3. Peewiglet

    Peewiglet Guest

    On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 22:54:21 +0100, Judith
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    [...]
    >I bought an Ultralite 3/4 about 3 or 4 years ago because it was the
    >lightest one they made at the time. It's a maroon colour on the
    >sleeping side and green on the underneath.

    That sounds similar, then, except mine's blue rather than green.
    'Ultralight' also rings a bell.

    >Mine has a serial number (1296720) on the label, so perhaps Thermarest
    >could advise if you emailed them your number.

    Good idea, thanks.

    >Do you want to know for a specific reason or just curiosity?

    Curiosity, mainly. I'd be curious to look up some reviews. Also, I'm
    beginning to enter my kit, with weights, into a spreadsheet, and it's
    frustrating to have several different T-Rests but not to know what
    models they are.

    Many thanks - I think 'Ultralight' may be the thing: perhaps the
    colour is a length thing? Mine is very long: it may even be extra
    long.

    Best wishes,
    --
    Peewiglet

  4. Craven Birds

    Craven Birds Guest

    "Peewiglet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've got a Thermarest that I bought probably about 8 or so years ago.
    > At the time, it was the lightest one they did. It's a nice dark blue
    > on one side and an attractive red on the other. I can't see it on the
    > web site, and (frustratingly) none of my T-Rests have anything on
    > their little labels to identify which particular product they are.
    >
    > Can anyone tell me what this one's called?

    Why? If it 'aint broke don't fix it. I still use one of their originals :-(
    --

    Regards,
    Chris,

    Bird sightings based around 'Craven' Skipton, North Yorks.
    http://www.craven-birds.co.uk/
    anti-virus system.

  5. Phil Cook

    Phil Cook Guest

    On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 23:06:19 +0100, Peewiglet wrote:

    >On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 22:54:21 +0100, Judith
    ><[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >[...]
    >>I bought an Ultralite 3/4 about 3 or 4 years ago because it was the
    >>lightest one they made at the time. It's a maroon colour on the
    >>sleeping side and green on the underneath.

    Yep deff an Ultralight. 25mm thick mine is full length.

    >That sounds similar, then, except mine's blue rather than green.
    >'Ultralight' also rings a bell.
    >>
    >>Mine has a serial number (1296720) on the label, so perhaps Thermarest
    >>could advise if you emailed them your number.

    My label seems to have rubbed off.

    >Good idea, thanks.
    >>
    >>Do you want to know for a specific reason or just curiosity?

    >Curiosity, mainly. I'd be curious to look up some reviews. Also, I'm
    >beginning to enter my kit, with weights, into a spreadsheet, and it's
    >frustrating to have several different T-Rests but not to know what
    >models they are.

    You have more than one? I suspect you are a gear junkie...

    >Many thanks - I think 'Ultralight' may be the thing: perhaps the
    >colour is a length thing? Mine is very long: it may even be extra
    >long.

    There are three variables in Thermarests. Weight of filling foam,
    thickness of mattress and length of mattress. The colour is, I think,
    the same for a given thickness and foam.

  6. Peewiglet

    Peewiglet Guest

    On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 09:35:31 +0100, Phil Cook
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    [...]
    >You have more than one? I suspect you are a gear junkie...

    You suspect right :)

    >>Many thanks - I think 'Ultralight' may be the thing: perhaps the
    >>colour is a length thing? Mine is very long: it may even be extra
    >>long.

    >There are three variables in Thermarests. Weight of filling foam,
    >thickness of mattress and length of mattress. The colour is, I think,
    >the same for a given thickness and foam.

    Ahaa. Many thanks!

    Best wishes,
    --
    Peewiglet

  7. W. D. Grey

    W. D. Grey Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Peewiglet
    <[email protected]> writes
    >Curiosity, mainly. I'd be curious to look up some reviews. Also, I'm
    >beginning to enter my kit, with weights, into a spreadsheet, and it's
    >frustrating to have several different T-Rests but not to know what
    >models they are.

    Lists! weights! spreadsheets!

    Are you sure you're not The Lost One ? ;-)
    --
    Bill Grey
    http://www.billboy.co.uk

  8. Peewiglet

    Peewiglet Guest

    On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 17:52:40 +0100, "W. D. Grey"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >In article <[email protected]>, Peewiglet
    ><[email protected]> writes
    >>Curiosity, mainly. I'd be curious to look up some reviews. Also, I'm
    >>beginning to enter my kit, with weights, into a spreadsheet, and it's
    >>frustrating to have several different T-Rests but not to know what
    >>models they are.

    >Lists! weights! spreadsheets!
    >
    >Are you sure you're not The Lost One ? ;-)

    Heh, heh.... my lips are sealed... :)

    Best wishes,
    --
    Peewiglet