ID a Thermarest?

Peewiglet

Guest
Hi,

I've got a Thermarest that I bought probably about 8 or so years ago.
At the time, it was the lightest one they did. It's a nice dark blue
on one side and an attractive red on the other. I can't see it on the
web site, and (frustratingly) none of my T-Rests have anything on
their little labels to identify which particular product they are.

Can anyone tell me what this one's called?

Many thanks!

Best wishes,
--
Peewiglet

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 22:42:59 +0100, Peewiglet <[email protected]>
wrote:

>I've got a Thermarest that I bought probably about 8 or so years ago.
>At the time, it was the lightest one they did.

I've only just realised that Thermarest have changed the names of
their various mattresses. I had seen people on this group mention a
Prolite but I didn't realise that the Ultralite no longer existed.

I bought an Ultralite 3/4 about 3 or 4 years ago because it was the
lightest one they made at the time. It's a maroon colour on the
sleeping side and green on the underneath.

Mine has a serial number (1296720) on the label, so perhaps Thermarest
could advise if you emailed them your number.

Do you want to know for a specific reason or just curiosity?

Judith

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 22:54:21 +0100, Judith
<[email protected]> wrote:

[...]
>I bought an Ultralite 3/4 about 3 or 4 years ago because it was the
>lightest one they made at the time. It's a maroon colour on the
>sleeping side and green on the underneath.

That sounds similar, then, except mine's blue rather than green.
'Ultralight' also rings a bell.

>Mine has a serial number (1296720) on the label, so perhaps Thermarest
>could advise if you emailed them your number.

Good idea, thanks.

>Do you want to know for a specific reason or just curiosity?

Curiosity, mainly. I'd be curious to look up some reviews. Also, I'm
beginning to enter my kit, with weights, into a spreadsheet, and it's
frustrating to have several different T-Rests but not to know what
models they are.

Many thanks - I think 'Ultralight' may be the thing: perhaps the
colour is a length thing? Mine is very long: it may even be extra
long.

Best wishes,
--
Peewiglet

"Peewiglet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi,
>
> I've got a Thermarest that I bought probably about 8 or so years ago.
> At the time, it was the lightest one they did. It's a nice dark blue
> on one side and an attractive red on the other. I can't see it on the
> web site, and (frustratingly) none of my T-Rests have anything on
> their little labels to identify which particular product they are.
>
> Can anyone tell me what this one's called?

Why? If it 'aint broke don't fix it. I still use one of their originals :-(
--

Regards,
Chris,

Bird sightings based around 'Craven' Skipton, North Yorks.
http://www.craven-birds.co.uk/
anti-virus system.

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 23:06:19 +0100, Peewiglet wrote:

>On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 22:54:21 +0100, Judith
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>[...]
>>I bought an Ultralite 3/4 about 3 or 4 years ago because it was the
>>lightest one they made at the time. It's a maroon colour on the
>>sleeping side and green on the underneath.

Yep deff an Ultralight. 25mm thick mine is full length.

>That sounds similar, then, except mine's blue rather than green.
>'Ultralight' also rings a bell.
>>
>>Mine has a serial number (1296720) on the label, so perhaps Thermarest
>>could advise if you emailed them your number.

My label seems to have rubbed off.

>Good idea, thanks.
>>
>>Do you want to know for a specific reason or just curiosity?

>Curiosity, mainly. I'd be curious to look up some reviews. Also, I'm
>beginning to enter my kit, with weights, into a spreadsheet, and it's
>frustrating to have several different T-Rests but not to know what
>models they are.

You have more than one? I suspect you are a gear junkie...

>Many thanks - I think 'Ultralight' may be the thing: perhaps the
>colour is a length thing? Mine is very long: it may even be extra
>long.

There are three variables in Thermarests. Weight of filling foam,
thickness of mattress and length of mattress. The colour is, I think,
the same for a given thickness and foam.

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 09:35:31 +0100, Phil Cook
<[email protected]> wrote:

[...]
>You have more than one? I suspect you are a gear junkie...

You suspect right :)

>>Many thanks - I think 'Ultralight' may be the thing: perhaps the
>>colour is a length thing? Mine is very long: it may even be extra
>>long.

>There are three variables in Thermarests. Weight of filling foam,
>thickness of mattress and length of mattress. The colour is, I think,
>the same for a given thickness and foam.

Ahaa. Many thanks!

Best wishes,
--
Peewiglet

In article <[email protected]>, Peewiglet
<[email protected]> writes
>Curiosity, mainly. I'd be curious to look up some reviews. Also, I'm
>beginning to enter my kit, with weights, into a spreadsheet, and it's
>frustrating to have several different T-Rests but not to know what
>models they are.

Lists! weights! spreadsheets!

Are you sure you're not The Lost One ? ;-)
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 17:52:40 +0100, "W. D. Grey"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>In article <[email protected]>, Peewiglet
><[email protected]> writes
>>Curiosity, mainly. I'd be curious to look up some reviews. Also, I'm
>>beginning to enter my kit, with weights, into a spreadsheet, and it's
>>frustrating to have several different T-Rests but not to know what
>>models they are.

>Lists! weights! spreadsheets!
>
>Are you sure you're not The Lost One ? ;-)

Heh, heh.... my lips are sealed... :)

Best wishes,
--
Peewiglet