"I'd buy THAT fer a dollaarrr"

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by flyingdutch, Mar 22, 2006.

  1. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    4 person bike

    http://www.overstock.com/?page=proframe&prod_id=1236855

    Tags:

  2. Graeme Dods

    Graeme Dods Guest

  3. Bean Long

    Bean Long Guest

    Graeme Dods wrote:
    > On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 15:38:07 +1100, flyingdutch wrote:
    >
    >> 4 person bike
    >>
    >> http://www.overstock.com/?page=proframe&prod_id=1236855

    > Yebbut, where would you stick the "Warning: left hand drive" sticker? :)
    > That would be a great pub bike!
    >
    > Graeme

    Surprisingly cheap! I might get a couple and fill up our car-port space.

    --
    Bean

    Remove "yourfinger" before replying

  4. PiledHigher

    PiledHigher Guest

    Bean Long wrote:

    > Graeme Dods wrote:
    > > On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 15:38:07 +1100, flyingdutch wrote:
    > >
    > >> 4 person bike
    > >>
    > >> http://www.overstock.com/?page=proframe&prod_id=1236855

    > > Yebbut, where would you stick the "Warning: left hand drive" sticker? :)
    > > That would be a great pub bike!
    > >
    > > Graeme

    > Surprisingly cheap! I might get a couple and fill up our car-port space.
    >
    > --
    > Bean
    >
    > Remove "yourfinger" before replying

    If they won't ship to alaska or hawaii, don't think its comin here!

  5. "flyingdutch" wrote:

    > 4 person bike
    >
    > http://www.overstock.com/?page=proframe&prod_id=1236855

    You can buy it new too. Looks like an early version of the ZEM
    http://www.zem.ch/de/index.shtml

    This would be a much better option as a bike taxi than those HEAVY
    single-person powered cycle rickshaws. Your taxi might then be better able
    to handle the hills of Melbourne. Why you may even get taxi passengers
    looking for the thrill of the downhill!! Or passengers who want to get some
    fitness up while they bgo to the theatre :)

    --
    Cheers
    Peter

    ~~~ ~ [email protected]
    ~~ ~ _- \,
    ~~ (*)/ (*)

  6. gpw

    gpw Guest

    Hey, they are made here in Zurich. They even have one at Zuri-rollt
    http://www.zuerirollt.ch/html/home/frameset.html. This is a cool
    initiative they have in the city centre where you "rent" bikes for
    free, only handing over your ID card/passport as deposit. Great idea
    for visitors to this incredibly bike friendly city. Click "Fahrzeuge"
    for the range of available bikes. Sometimes I forget how good this
    place is :)

    Cheers
    Greg

  7. TimC

    TimC Guest

    On 2006-03-23, flyingdutch (aka Bruce)

    > 4 person bike
    >
    > http://www.overstock.com/?page=proframe&prod_id=1236855

    Geez, an order of magnitude cheaper than a citybike. And the
    passengers pedal too!

    Jipped!

    --
    TimC
    It typically takes 25-30 gallons of petrol/diesel to fully-consume an

  8. Travis

    Travis Guest

    TimC wrote:

    > It typically takes 25-30 gallons of petrol/diesel to fully-consume an
    > average-sized body under ideal conditions. That I am conversant with
    > this level of detail should serve as an indication of why the wise man
    > does not ask me questions about MS-Windows. --Tanuki on ASR

    I like that one. :)

    A few days after the London train bombings I was at a breakfast seminar
    for financial planners and the bombings were being discussed around the
    table. I pitched in that the really scary bit was how easy it was to
    make the explosive used and how hard this particular explosive was to
    detect, and then listed the readily available ingredients and explained
    how easy it was to make large quantities of it using only rudimentary
    equipment.

    I noticed that a few around the table had a "how the hell does this guy
    know so much about bomb making?" look on their faces, then had to
    explain that my previous career was in chemistry and you kinda absorb
    knowledge like this when you're doing that kind of work.

    Perhaps I should have left it unexplained.

    Travis

  9. Travis wrote:
    > TimC wrote:
    >

    >>It typically takes 25-30 gallons of petrol/diesel to fully-consume an
    >>average-sized body under ideal conditions. That I am conversant with
    >>this level of detail should serve as an indication of why the wise man
    >>does not ask me questions about MS-Windows. --Tanuki on ASR

    Weird, I don't see this in TimC's message, but anyway, you can actually
    do it for far less. You just need either an overcoat or roll of carpet
    to roll up the body. Cut off legs at knee and shove up inside roll,
    cover with petrol and ignite.

    The trick is in controlling the oxygen supply so that the heat is
    actually rendering the fat in the body which comes out and burns
    creating further heat. It can take a few days, but eventually everything
    is ash, even the bones.

    And how do I know? Late night TV doco on spontaneous combustion of
    humans. At the end, they demo'ed it with pigs.

    I've also seen big snags cook themselves on a plough dish hot plate from
    their own fat before hand.

    > Perhaps I should have left it unexplained.

    Yerr, chemist are almost all like that. Continually trying to
    demonstrate how "useful" <blink> their knowledge is. {:).

    What I really need to know is can a sparkler really set off nitropil &
    diesel, or do I need something with its own bang?