"I'd buy THAT fer a dollaarrr"

Graeme Dods wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 15:38:07 +1100, flyingdutch wrote:
>
>> 4 person bike
>>
>> http://www.overstock.com/?page=proframe&prod_id=1236855

> Yebbut, where would you stick the "Warning: left hand drive" sticker? :)
> That would be a great pub bike!
>
> Graeme

Surprisingly cheap! I might get a couple and fill up our car-port space.

--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying

Bean Long wrote:

> Graeme Dods wrote:
> > On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 15:38:07 +1100, flyingdutch wrote:
> >
> >> 4 person bike
> >>
> >> http://www.overstock.com/?page=proframe&prod_id=1236855

> > Yebbut, where would you stick the "Warning: left hand drive" sticker? :)
> > That would be a great pub bike!
> >
> > Graeme

> Surprisingly cheap! I might get a couple and fill up our car-port space.
>
> --
> Bean
>
> Remove "yourfinger" before replying

If they won't ship to alaska or hawaii, don't think its comin here!

"flyingdutch" wrote:

> 4 person bike
>
> http://www.overstock.com/?page=proframe&prod_id=1236855

You can buy it new too. Looks like an early version of the ZEM
http://www.zem.ch/de/index.shtml

This would be a much better option as a bike taxi than those HEAVY
single-person powered cycle rickshaws. Your taxi might then be better able
to handle the hills of Melbourne. Why you may even get taxi passengers
looking for the thrill of the downhill!! Or passengers who want to get some
fitness up while they bgo to the theatre :)

--
Cheers
Peter

~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*)

Hey, they are made here in Zurich. They even have one at Zuri-rollt
http://www.zuerirollt.ch/html/home/frameset.html. This is a cool
initiative they have in the city centre where you "rent" bikes for
free, only handing over your ID card/passport as deposit. Great idea
for visitors to this incredibly bike friendly city. Click "Fahrzeuge"
for the range of available bikes. Sometimes I forget how good this
place is :)

Cheers
Greg

On 2006-03-23, flyingdutch (aka Bruce)

> 4 person bike
>
> http://www.overstock.com/?page=proframe&prod_id=1236855

Geez, an order of magnitude cheaper than a citybike. And the
passengers pedal too!

Jipped!

--
TimC
It typically takes 25-30 gallons of petrol/diesel to fully-consume an

TimC wrote:

> It typically takes 25-30 gallons of petrol/diesel to fully-consume an
> average-sized body under ideal conditions. That I am conversant with
> this level of detail should serve as an indication of why the wise man
> does not ask me questions about MS-Windows. --Tanuki on ASR

I like that one. :)

A few days after the London train bombings I was at a breakfast seminar
for financial planners and the bombings were being discussed around the
table. I pitched in that the really scary bit was how easy it was to
make the explosive used and how hard this particular explosive was to
detect, and then listed the readily available ingredients and explained
how easy it was to make large quantities of it using only rudimentary
equipment.

I noticed that a few around the table had a "how the hell does this guy
know so much about bomb making?" look on their faces, then had to
explain that my previous career was in chemistry and you kinda absorb
knowledge like this when you're doing that kind of work.

Perhaps I should have left it unexplained.

Travis

Travis wrote:
> TimC wrote:
>

>>It typically takes 25-30 gallons of petrol/diesel to fully-consume an
>>average-sized body under ideal conditions. That I am conversant with
>>this level of detail should serve as an indication of why the wise man
>>does not ask me questions about MS-Windows. --Tanuki on ASR

Weird, I don't see this in TimC's message, but anyway, you can actually
do it for far less. You just need either an overcoat or roll of carpet
to roll up the body. Cut off legs at knee and shove up inside roll,
cover with petrol and ignite.

The trick is in controlling the oxygen supply so that the heat is
actually rendering the fat in the body which comes out and burns
creating further heat. It can take a few days, but eventually everything
is ash, even the bones.

And how do I know? Late night TV doco on spontaneous combustion of
humans. At the end, they demo'ed it with pigs.

I've also seen big snags cook themselves on a plough dish hot plate from
their own fat before hand.

> Perhaps I should have left it unexplained.

Yerr, chemist are almost all like that. Continually trying to
demonstrate how "useful" <blink> their knowledge is. {:).

What I really need to know is can a sparkler really set off nitropil &
diesel, or do I need something with its own bang?