I'd Like a new Tent...

On Mon, 12 May 2003 09:07:30 +0100, Peter Clinch
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Saunders are quite difficult to find in the shops, or at least shops where one will be pitched

ICBW but I thought I saw a display of Saunders (and certainly an immense number of tents pitched) at
Notcutts garden centre on the Hatfield Road between St Albans and Hatfield. This is almost certainly
nowhere near any of the people looking to buy, but I mention it on the off chance.

Guy
===
dynamic DNS permitting)
work. Apologies.

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

> ICBW but I thought I saw a display of Saunders (and certainly an immense number of tents pitched)
> at Notcutts garden centre on the Hatfield Road between St Albans and Hatfield. This is almost
> certainly nowhere near any of the people looking to buy, but I mention it on the off chance.

They do get put up at demos every there and here. Also worth knowing is =

that they subsequently flog the demo tents for knock-down prices. If=20 you 'phone them then do ask:
I got a Mountain Trek for =A3140 rather than=
=20
=A3250 simply because it had been pitched for a day at a show. Bargain! Also some seconds (my
Snowcat, a modified Galaxy, was the last one they=20 had and had some rubber marks from pegging
loops on the fly. They sold=20 it to me at less than half usual retail).

Other handy tip in general for looking at tents is that campsites are a=20 good place to do it, and
folk are usually quite happy for you to have a=20 look if you ask. You can get some useful feedback
on pros and cons=20 while you're at it.

Pete. --=20 Peter Clinch University of Dundee Tel 44 1382 660111 ext. 33637 Medical Physics,
Ninewells Hospital Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK net [email protected]
http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

Peter Clinch <[email protected]> wrote:

> Saunders are comically bad at is marketing and information. Pity really, as the designs and
> materials are very good.

And at accepting constructive critisism! I thought Bob Saunders was gong to floor someone at one
show when a mention was made about exacltly the above, the weight of pegs.

--
Marc Stickers,decals,membership,cards, T shirts, signs etc for clubs and associations of all types.
http://www.jaceeprint.demon.co.uk/