ID my Mongoose bike?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Badger South, Oct 13, 2003.

  1. Badger South

    Badger South Guest

    Hi,

    My current trail bike is a Mongoose, and looks like this:

    http://www.trakcycles.com.au/products.php/command/viewproduct/productserial/141/categoryserial/8

    ...but I worry it's a knock-off, since I didnt' pay 389 for it. ($200).

    Is there a version one step below? How can I tell which mongoose it is?

    If it -is- that model, is this a good bike for a newbie heavyweight rider?

    I know most ppl say get a hard-tail, but I'm not so heavy that I don't get use outta the
    dual-suspension. ;-)

    Thanks, and sorry for the semi-lame questions.

    -B
    --

    Tags:

  2. Badger South

    Badger South Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Badger South
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >My current trail bike is a Mongoose, and looks like this:
    >
    >http://www.trakcycles.com.au/products.php/command/viewproduct/productserial/141/categoryserial/8
    >
    >...but I worry it's a knock-off, since I didnt' pay 389 for it. ($200).
    >
    >Is there a version one step below? How can I tell which mongoose it is?

    OK, I'm answering my own question. It's not the D.H 1.5. The bike I have is the XR-100, and that is
    a step below the D.H.

    Supposedly the retail is $300, and I paid $185ish.

    I couldn't find it anywhere so I posted here. THen I got the idea to look on ebay and found it.

    It's a bit on the 'heavy' side at 45lbs. A bit. Yeah.

    Maybe this will help someone else.

    -B

    --

  3. Pete

    Pete Guest

    "Badger South" <[email protected]> wrote

    > >Is there a version one step below? How can I tell which mongoose it is?
    >
    > OK, I'm answering my own question. It's not the D.H 1.5. The bike I have is the XR-100, and that
    > is a step below the D.H.
    >
    > Supposedly the retail is $300, and I paid $185ish.

    The XR-100 sells at Walmart.com for $149.

    Pete