Idea for the forum....

Discussion in 'Tell us what you think!' started by Guest, Nov 8, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I was thinking it would be cool to have a online chat 'feature' as part of this forum. so we could chat live :)

Tags:

2. Guest

Guest Guest

That would be a good idea if we had more visitors.

The trouble with a chat room is theres no history, part of the attraction of a forum is reading the past posts.

what do the others think?

cheers

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Not enough people to participate. Even the big BBs (5000 members) have hassles with not enough people in the chat.

I think we must finds ways to promote this BB to the cycling community somehow. I've been thinking about it. for now all i can do is tell my buddies about it but most of them have rather hectic jobs. As for me I've just been retrenched which is why I got too much time on the net at the mo'.

4. Vo2

Vo2 Member

Funny you mention that point, Sean. I'm actually considering printing a few pages advertising the site, and dishing them out at the 94.7 (like the race adds they stick in your windshield wiper).

5. Guest

Guest Guest

yes advertising is good. hey admin you should avertise this forum in aus ;D. the RACQ put a link to a Bicycle forum in its mag.(though the forum is dead as a rat :) ) thats free advertising and lots of ppl and crazy car drivers ;D read it.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Excellent idea, Vo2. I'm editor for our cycling club's monthly newsletter. Will definately post an advert in there as well.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Great idea, Vo2. I'm editor for our cycling club's monthly newsletter. Will definitely post an ad in there.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

A friend of mine owns a bike shop in Kempton Park. I can put an "ad" (one of your leaflets) up there.

9. FemaleCyclist

FemaleCyclist New Member

Here I thought I was the first to suggest this, but I see Nicholas got there first! I was going to also suggest the chat option! You've asked what others think - I think there is enough of us now, to warrant it. We're posting, checking the reply, then posting back, and on chat, it would be instant, and easy to talk!

If it's not the cost that's a problem, but the people, then I say GO FOR IT! Let's have CHAT.

Pleeeeeeze Admin? ;)

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Like previous suggestions. No hassles in placing an advert in our club newsletter.

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi guys,

I'm actually thinking of setting up scheduled chats that would happen once everyone coupla weeks. I've already installed the software on the server and it appears to be working pretty good so far.

When its a goer i'll let everyone know!

cheers...

12. Vo2

Vo2 Member

That would be cool!

13. Guest

Guest Guest

i have a idea to get the chat feature used more.
    currently there is no way to see if ppl are in the chat room without going into it. There is mostly no one there so you give up. If under theInfoCenter section of the page you say if there are people in the chat room other people will then be inclined to chat. like if if said. People in Chat Room: 5 .etc.

also you should link to the chat page in the links up the top in my opionion ;D.

Well thats my gripe for the day mate ;)

14. Guest

Guest Guest

A Chat Room sounds a good idea. 8) Just have to be careful it doesn't become a substitute for postings that everyone can read later. Already having a problem keeping up and following ALL the topics and ALL the threads! :-[ Just don't want to miss ANYTHING on this great forum! (Admin & VO2. You're both doing a great job here!) ;)

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Yip, I think it's definitely a winner. A good idea just to get it off the ground would be to make a certain time and date where all parties interested could log on simultaneously for some good interaction.

That way, it can be seen as a trial run, and it can only get better from there onwards.