Ideas for turning a Redline Monocog into a Critical Mass worthy ride

Lobo Tommy

Guest
I've already been told that I should use 14 teeth in back.
I've been recommended Avocet Fastgrips for the bike paths -
I don't know how well they work for the street.

Any other ideas to make this bicycle good for Critical Mass?
I understand the average speed is 5MPH - but that doesn't
mean it's always goig to be 5MPH.

[UPDATE] The dealer called back on the order for my MonoCog.
Turns out it is going to take 3-4 weeks for the bike because
it's back ordered. They are getting in a 17" and 19". I will
be very ticked if they do not deliver as I'm missing some
GREAT riding weather!!

I'm not having second doubts - but I the IROCycle Jamie Roy
Fixed is starting to grow on me...

"Lobo Tommy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I've already been told that I should use 14 teeth in back.
> I've been recommended Avocet Fastgrips for the bike paths
> - I don't know how well they work for the street.

Critical Mass is about riding a bike... any kind of bike.
Are you ordering a bike specifically to ride in Critical
Mass? If so, you have too much cash to spend.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

No not just for Critical Mass. My primary focus is for fitness and to
enjoy the fresh air. Critical Mass was an after thought and really
appealed to me. Or I should say, taking over a sizable portion of a
highway really appealed to me :)

"ZeeExSixAre" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> "Lobo Tommy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I've already been told that I should use 14 teeth in
> > back. I've been recommended Avocet Fastgrips for the
> > bike paths - I don't know how well they work for the
> > street.
>
> Critical Mass is about riding a bike... any kind of bike.
> Are you ordering a bike specifically to ride in Critical
> Mass? If so, you have too much cash to spend.

"Lobo Tommy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I've already been told that I should use 14 teeth in back.
> I've been recommended Avocet Fastgrips for the bike paths
> - I don't know how well they work for the street.
>
> Any other ideas to make this bicycle good for Critical
> Mass? I understand the average speed is 5MPH - but that
> doesn't mean it's always goig to be 5MPH.
>
> [UPDATE] The dealer called back on the order for my
> MonoCog. Turns out it is going to take 3-4 weeks for the
> bike because it's back ordered. They are getting in a 17"
> and 19". I will be very ticked if they do not deliver as
> I'm missing some GREAT riding weather!!
>
> I'm not having second doubts - but I the IROCycle Jamie
> Roy Fixed is starting to grow on me.

It's losers like you who make it that much more difficult
for those of us who want to ride legally. Please try to
"critical mass" me. I would kick your spindly little ass.

> "Lobo Tommy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I've already been told that I should use 14 teeth in
> > back. I've been recommended Avocet Fastgrips for the
> > bike paths - I don't know how well they work for the
> > street.
> >
> > Any other ideas to make this bicycle good for Critical
> > Mass? I understand the average speed is 5MPH - but that
> > doesn't mean it's always goig to be 5MPH.
> >
> > [UPDATE] The dealer called back on the order for my
> > MonoCog. Turns out it is going to take 3-4 weeks for the
> > bike because it's back ordered. They are getting in a
> > 17" and 19". I will be very ticked if they do not
> > deliver as I'm missing some GREAT riding weather!!
> >
> > I'm not having second doubts - but I the IROCycle Jamie
> > Roy Fixed is starting to grow on me.
>
> It's losers like you who make it that much more difficult
> for those of us who want to ride legally. Please try to
> "critical mass" me. I would kick your spindly little ass.

Dislodge that critical mass from your ass, flyboy. The
rides are a good time in NYC, oft with a friendly police
escort no less.

/s

> It's losers like you who make it that much more difficult
> for those of us who want to ride legally. Please try to
> "critical mass" me. I would kick your spindly little ass.

Troll