Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Ideas needed for novice rider

Started by Andrepaul · · Last activity · 3 posts · 1,037 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
26 November 2005
Last activity
26 November 2005
Original author
Andrepaul
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,037
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I'm a cycling fanatic and have all the lightweight equipment and really enjoy cycling (I can't get enough of it). My fiance, on the other hand, sometimes enjoys cycling with me but is a bit turned off by cycling because she rides a heavy tank of a bike (Trek Navigator 100). She prefers to ride with me on paved paths for 5 to 10 miles and likes the upright stance of a mountain bike. Is there something that we can buy her for maybe $500 in aluminum that's lightweight, fun to ride and good looking that's not a road racing style of bike that will fit her correctly (she's 5'1"😉? I'm thinking that we could get her some kind of small, upright, Al frame with straight bars with very thin road wheels and tires. Any suggestions? I'm all for building a bike from components if needed.
    Thanks

  2. For her I suggest a Felt SR-81 47cm with 650c wheels, it had flat bars and a more upright position.
    http://www.feltbicycles.com/felt2006/05SPEED/sr91.php

  3. Andrepaul said:

    I'm a cycling fanatic and have all the lightweight equipment and really enjoy cycling (I can't get enough of it). My fiance, on the other hand, sometimes enjoys cycling with me but is a bit turned off by cycling because she rides a heavy tank of a bike (Trek Navigator 100). She prefers to ride with me on paved paths for 5 to 10 miles and likes the upright stance of a mountain bike. Is there something that we can buy her for maybe $500 in aluminum that's lightweight, fun to ride and good looking that's not a road racing style of bike that will fit her correctly (she's 5'1"😉? I'm thinking that we could get her some kind of small, upright, Al frame with straight bars with very thin road wheels and tires. Any suggestions? I'm all for building a bike from components if needed.
    Thanks

    One option for a couple who are disparite in size and strength is to get a tandem bike.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.