Idiot bike rider.

Seen without a helmet weaving amongst the traffic on City Hill. Not bothering to use a newly opened
bike lane.

The ******* should have been knocked down and run over.

"1210" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Seen without a helmet weaving amongst the traffic on City Hill. Not bothering to use a newly
> opened bike lane.
>
> The ******* should have been knocked down and run over.

As stupid as somone might be, you should not really wish that sort of end to them. There are stupid
people everywhere not just on bikes. We cannot go and try to murder them all. If that was made law
then stupidity and idiocy can be quite subjective. Someone might think your comments are stupid for
instance. You could be putting yourself in peril.

Pete

1210 wrote:

> Seen without a helmet weaving amongst the traffic on City Hill. Not bothering to use a newly
> opened bike lane.

> The ******* should have been knocked down and run over.

Seen a kid on the western side of Darling Harbour (sydney) looked about 10-12yo. No helmet and
waving around all over the place. Had trouble getting his feet onto the pedals and pedaling
properly. He seriously looked like he was drunk.

For those who are interested, he WAS using the bike lane though. All of it.
Along with some of the grass and shrubs on either side. Fell over twice in
the time it took us to walk past him. (couldn't have been more than 15-20 metres).

Can't blame the kid though, I mean, everyone has to learn somewhere, sometime. However, where were
the idiot parents? And more importantly, who let them have kids?

--
Linux Registered User # 302622 <http://counter.li.org

"John Doe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "1210" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Seen without a helmet weaving amongst the traffic on City Hill. Not bothering to use a newly
> > opened bike lane.
> >
> > The ******* should have been knocked down and run over.
> >

> As stupid as somone might be, you should not really wish that sort of end
> them. There are stupid people everywhere not just on bikes. We cannot go and try to murder them
> all. If that was made law then stupidity and
idiocy
> can be quite subjective. Someone might think your comments are stupid for instance. You could be
> putting yourself in peril.

I am not the one who needs to be cleansed from the gene pool.

Lets see Pedal Power come out and chastise stupid bike riders and hold an education campaign about
the correct way to use these mutli million bike lanes. They never will off course.

> Pete

Greetings, I hope you remember the comment below when some moron of equal stupidity cleans you up,
whether on your bike or in your 1.5 tonne steel womb. At least the silly cyclist can at the worst
make a complete mess of himself, whereas with a mass of metal behind you, you have a much more
efficient killing machine. Ask anyone who's been cleaned up by a motorised jerk, as I was last year
Regards, Ray.

1210 wrote:

>Seen without a helmet weaving amongst the traffic on City Hill. Not bothering to use a newly opened
>bike lane.
>
>The ******* should have been knocked down and run over.

> Along with some of the grass and shrubs on either side. Fell over twice
in
> the time it took us to walk past him. (couldn't have been more than 15-20
metres).

> Can't blame the kid though, I mean, everyone has to learn somewhere,
sometime.
> However, where were the idiot parents? And more importantly, who let them
have
> kids?

The poor kid. At least my father had the decency to teach me how to ride a bike.

> Lets see Pedal Power come out and chastise stupid bike riders and hold an education campaign about
> the correct way to use these mutli million bike lanes. They never will off course.

hmm. Who pays for those don't speed and don't drive fatigued education campaigns? I didn't think the
motoring clubs did?

I see people speeding all the time when I am driving my car. Also changing lanes without indicating.
Chopping and changing lanes in traffic (weaving). Maybe we need to hire road rollers or something to
crush their car while they are driving them. I mean it follows the same logic as you have to
purposely running someone down in a much larger heavier vehicle. Then again we should all try and
mow someone down that crosses the road when they have a don't walk symbol. People do stupid things
all the time. We should however not condone violence against them.

I agree with you that I think that there should be a vast amount of education into safe cycling but
to be equitable this should be run by the same government bodies that run other road safety
campaigns.

Tell me one thing, is this cycleway you speak of a considerate transport cycleway or is it built
purely for weekend tourists having a nice coast around the waterfront.

Pete

My my...we are a passionate little group here, aren't we?

I absolutely love seeing someone get the **** taken without even realising it....

"John Doe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:eek:[email protected]...

> Tell me one thing, is this cycleway you speak of a considerate transport cycleway or is it built
> purely for weekend tourists having a nice coast around the waterfront.

Yes to the first. No to the second.

"1210" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "John Doe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:eek:[email protected]...
>
> > Tell me one thing, is this cycleway you speak of a considerate
transport
> > cycleway or is it built purely for weekend tourists having a nice coast around the waterfront.
>
> Yes to the first. No to the second.

well if its a highspeed cycle lane then the guy is an idiot but nonetheless should not be run over
on purpose. I have actually heard Canberra is one of the best places for cycling and the advantages
are obvious. Education is probably not going to help someone like that.

"1210" <[email protected]> wrote in news:3f9bd29c$0$21655 [email protected]:

> Seen without a helmet weaving amongst the traffic on City Hill. Not bothering to use a newly
> opened bike lane.
>
> The ******* should have been knocked down and run over.

Why didn't you do it then? Leave the job for someone else as usual. Is it because that is normally
called "attempted murder"?

Gary

--
Don't have a local servo any more :-/

"Gary Woodman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> "1210" <[email protected]> wrote in news:3f9bd29c$0$21655
> [email protected]:
>
> > Seen without a helmet weaving amongst the traffic on City Hill. Not bothering to use a newly
> > opened bike lane.
> >
> > The ******* should have been knocked down and run over.
>
> Why didn't you do it then? Leave the job for someone else as usual. Is it because that is normally
> called "attempted murder"?

It aint if it not done on purpose. Or are you saying that all incidents between bikes are cars are
attempted murder?

> Gary
>
> --
> Don't have a local servo any more :-/

I hate cowards like you who post through anonymous remailers

Identify yourself or just fade away like a good little troll.

--
Alan Erskine alanterskine(at)hotmail.com

Due to Optusnet's failure to deal with the current virus SPAM attack, respond to
news:[email protected]...

1210 wrote:
> Seen without a helmet weaving amongst the traffic on City Hill. Not bothering to use a newly
> opened bike lane.
>
> The ******* should have been knocked down and run over.

No need to wish that on him. If he rides like that often enough, the inevitable will happen. At
least when cyclists ride like idiots, the chances of them killing someone else is very slim, unless
they collect a pedestrian, or cause a vehicle to swerve.

At a recent defensive driver course I was at, the instructor was telling us about the centre of
gravity of vehicles (should be common knowledge really, but apparently not). He brought up one
particular case where at the round about at Anzac parade, a cyclist decided to make a right turn
from the left lane, without looking. The cyclist had a refrigerated meat truck behind him that was
going straight ahead. The cyclist without warning or signaling, turned in front of the truck. The
truck driver in an attempt to avoid the cyclist, swerved, then swerved in the other direction, and
rolled the truck. The cyclist was not hit, and did not stop.

I'm not having a go at all cyclists, that was just one example of bad riding. I have seen more
dangerous drivers than dangerous cyclists. However one has to wonder why on earth those few cyclists
are prepared to risk their lives in traffic by riding unpredictably. Like the rider who was riding
*on the wrong side of the road* on Marcus Clarke Street in the city the other day, in peak hour. I
very nearly cleaned him up, as I didn't see him to the last moment due to the vehicle in front of me
blocking my view. That vehicle also swerved at the last minute.

If the cyclist referred to in the original post, continues to ride like that, natural selection will
take it's course eventually.

"Alan Erskine" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I hate cowards like you who post through anonymous remailers

Wrong and wrong.

You want to put your foot into your mouth even deeper.

> Identify yourself or just fade away like a good little troll.

Troll? Ha Ha Ha You dont know the meaning of a troll.

All of my opinions are my own.

Well then it might have been better to say "The ******* COULD..." or "The ******* MIGHT have..."
rather than saying "The ******* SHOULD..."

"1210" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

> "Gary Woodman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> "1210" <[email protected]> wrote in news:3f9bd29c$0$21655
>> [email protected]:
>>
>> > Seen without a helmet weaving amongst the traffic on City Hill. Not bothering to use a newly
>> > opened bike lane.
>> >
>> > The ******* should have been knocked down and run over.
>>
>> Why didn't you do it then? Leave the job for someone else as usual. Is it because that is
>> normally called "attempted murder"?
>
> It aint if it not done on purpose.

Oh, sorry. Since everyone saw you post here, I should have said "conspiracy to murder".

> Or are you saying that all incidents between bikes are cars are attempted murder?

Pissweak evasion. Why didn't you knock the cyclist down and run him/her over, like you said "should
have been"? Is it because you're a gutless foul-mouthed ***** raised on a diet of American
television violence?

Gary

--
Don't have a local servo any more :-/

> No need to wish that on him. If he rides like that often enough, the inevitable will happen. At
> least when cyclists ride like idiots, the chances of them killing someone else is very slim,
> unless they collect a pedestrian, or cause a vehicle to swerve.

Very true - we wouldnt wish that on them. We all know there are idiots out there no matter whether
they ride, walk, drive, etc etc. That was not in dispute. Hopefully he will be caught one day and
learn a lesson. But to say that someone should have been run down is a little over the top.

Cheers Pete