Idiot bike rider.

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by 1210, Oct 26, 2003.

  1. 1210

    1210 Guest

    Seen without a helmet weaving amongst the traffic on City Hill. Not bothering to use a newly opened
    bike lane.

    The bastard should have been knocked down and run over.

    Tags:

  2. Lambert

    Lambert Guest

    What's an idiot bike? Is it some new Huffy model?

    - L

  3. John Doe

    John Doe Guest

    "1210" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Seen without a helmet weaving amongst the traffic on City Hill. Not bothering to use a newly
    > opened bike lane.
    >
    > The bastard should have been knocked down and run over.

    As stupid as somone might be, you should not really wish that sort of end to them. There are stupid
    people everywhere not just on bikes. We cannot go and try to murder them all. If that was made law
    then stupidity and idiocy can be quite subjective. Someone might think your comments are stupid for
    instance. You could be putting yourself in peril.

    Pete

  4. 1210 wrote:

    > Seen without a helmet weaving amongst the traffic on City Hill. Not bothering to use a newly
    > opened bike lane.

    > The bastard should have been knocked down and run over.

    Seen a kid on the western side of Darling Harbour (sydney) looked about 10-12yo. No helmet and
    waving around all over the place. Had trouble getting his feet onto the pedals and pedaling
    properly. He seriously looked like he was drunk.

    For those who are interested, he WAS using the bike lane though. All of it.
    Along with some of the grass and shrubs on either side. Fell over twice in
    the time it took us to walk past him. (couldn't have been more than 15-20 metres).

    Can't blame the kid though, I mean, everyone has to learn somewhere, sometime. However, where were
    the idiot parents? And more importantly, who let them have kids?

    --
    Linux Registered User # 302622 <http://counter.li.org

  5. 1210

    1210 Guest

    "Lambert" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > What's an idiot bike? Is it some new Huffy model?
    >
    > - L

    No dumbarse.

    Idiot cretin bike rider/owner.

    If you dont understand you must be one of them too.

  6. 1210

    1210 Guest

    "John Doe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "1210" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Seen without a helmet weaving amongst the traffic on City Hill. Not bothering to use a newly
    > > opened bike lane.
    > >
    > > The bastard should have been knocked down and run over.
    > >

    > As stupid as somone might be, you should not really wish that sort of end
    > them. There are stupid people everywhere not just on bikes. We cannot go and try to murder them
    > all. If that was made law then stupidity and
    idiocy
    > can be quite subjective. Someone might think your comments are stupid for instance. You could be
    > putting yourself in peril.

    I am not the one who needs to be cleansed from the gene pool.

    Lets see Pedal Power come out and chastise stupid bike riders and hold an education campaign about
    the correct way to use these mutli million bike lanes. They never will off course.

    > Pete

  7. Ray Peace

    Ray Peace Guest

    Greetings, I hope you remember the comment below when some moron of equal stupidity cleans you up,
    whether on your bike or in your 1.5 tonne steel womb. At least the silly cyclist can at the worst
    make a complete mess of himself, whereas with a mass of metal behind you, you have a much more
    efficient killing machine. Ask anyone who's been cleaned up by a motorised jerk, as I was last year
    Regards, Ray.

    1210 wrote:

    >Seen without a helmet weaving amongst the traffic on City Hill. Not bothering to use a newly opened
    >bike lane.
    >
    >The bastard should have been knocked down and run over.

  8. John Doe

    John Doe Guest

    > Along with some of the grass and shrubs on either side. Fell over twice
    in
    > the time it took us to walk past him. (couldn't have been more than 15-20
    metres).

    > Can't blame the kid though, I mean, everyone has to learn somewhere,
    sometime.
    > However, where were the idiot parents? And more importantly, who let them
    have
    > kids?

    The poor kid. At least my father had the decency to teach me how to ride a bike.

  9. John Doe

    John Doe Guest

    > Lets see Pedal Power come out and chastise stupid bike riders and hold an education campaign about
    > the correct way to use these mutli million bike lanes. They never will off course.

    hmm. Who pays for those don't speed and don't drive fatigued education campaigns? I didn't think the
    motoring clubs did?

    I see people speeding all the time when I am driving my car. Also changing lanes without indicating.
    Chopping and changing lanes in traffic (weaving). Maybe we need to hire road rollers or something to
    crush their car while they are driving them. I mean it follows the same logic as you have to
    purposely running someone down in a much larger heavier vehicle. Then again we should all try and
    mow someone down that crosses the road when they have a don't walk symbol. People do stupid things
    all the time. We should however not condone violence against them.

    I agree with you that I think that there should be a vast amount of education into safe cycling but
    to be equitable this should be run by the same government bodies that run other road safety
    campaigns.

    Tell me one thing, is this cycleway you speak of a considerate transport cycleway or is it built
    purely for weekend tourists having a nice coast around the waterfront.

    Pete

  10. Paul_MCMLIX

    Paul_MCMLIX New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2003
    My my...we are a passionate little group here, aren't we?

    I absolutely love seeing someone get the piss taken without even realising it....

  11. 1210

    1210 Guest

    "John Doe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:eek:[email protected]...

    > Tell me one thing, is this cycleway you speak of a considerate transport cycleway or is it built
    > purely for weekend tourists having a nice coast around the waterfront.

    Yes to the first. No to the second.

  12. John Doe

    John Doe Guest

    "1210" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "John Doe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:eek:[email protected]...
    >
    > > Tell me one thing, is this cycleway you speak of a considerate
    transport
    > > cycleway or is it built purely for weekend tourists having a nice coast around the waterfront.
    >
    > Yes to the first. No to the second.

    well if its a highspeed cycle lane then the guy is an idiot but nonetheless should not be run over
    on purpose. I have actually heard Canberra is one of the best places for cycling and the advantages
    are obvious. Education is probably not going to help someone like that.

  13. Gary Woodman

    Gary Woodman Guest

    "1210" <[email protected]> wrote in news:3f9bd29c$0$21655 [email protected]:

    > Seen without a helmet weaving amongst the traffic on City Hill. Not bothering to use a newly
    > opened bike lane.
    >
    > The bastard should have been knocked down and run over.

    Why didn't you do it then? Leave the job for someone else as usual. Is it because that is normally
    called "attempted murder"?

    Gary

    --
    Don't have a local servo any more :-/

  14. 1210

    1210 Guest

    "Gary Woodman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > "1210" <[email protected]> wrote in news:3f9bd29c$0$21655
    > [email protected]:
    >
    > > Seen without a helmet weaving amongst the traffic on City Hill. Not bothering to use a newly
    > > opened bike lane.
    > >
    > > The bastard should have been knocked down and run over.
    >
    > Why didn't you do it then? Leave the job for someone else as usual. Is it because that is normally
    > called "attempted murder"?

    It aint if it not done on purpose. Or are you saying that all incidents between bikes are cars are
    attempted murder?

    > Gary
    >
    > --
    > Don't have a local servo any more :-/

  15. Alan Erskine

    Alan Erskine Guest

    I hate cowards like you who post through anonymous remailers

    Identify yourself or just fade away like a good little troll.

    --
    Alan Erskine alanterskine(at)hotmail.com

    Due to Optusnet's failure to deal with the current virus SPAM attack, respond to
    alanterskine(at)hotmail.com "1210" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Seen without a helmet weaving amongst the traffic on City Hill. Not bothering to use a newly
    > opened bike lane.
    >
    > The bastard should have been knocked down and run over.

  16. Alext

    Alext Guest

    1210 wrote:
    > Seen without a helmet weaving amongst the traffic on City Hill. Not bothering to use a newly
    > opened bike lane.
    >
    > The bastard should have been knocked down and run over.

    No need to wish that on him. If he rides like that often enough, the inevitable will happen. At
    least when cyclists ride like idiots, the chances of them killing someone else is very slim, unless
    they collect a pedestrian, or cause a vehicle to swerve.

    At a recent defensive driver course I was at, the instructor was telling us about the centre of
    gravity of vehicles (should be common knowledge really, but apparently not). He brought up one
    particular case where at the round about at Anzac parade, a cyclist decided to make a right turn
    from the left lane, without looking. The cyclist had a refrigerated meat truck behind him that was
    going straight ahead. The cyclist without warning or signaling, turned in front of the truck. The
    truck driver in an attempt to avoid the cyclist, swerved, then swerved in the other direction, and
    rolled the truck. The cyclist was not hit, and did not stop.

    I'm not having a go at all cyclists, that was just one example of bad riding. I have seen more
    dangerous drivers than dangerous cyclists. However one has to wonder why on earth those few cyclists
    are prepared to risk their lives in traffic by riding unpredictably. Like the rider who was riding
    *on the wrong side of the road* on Marcus Clarke Street in the city the other day, in peak hour. I
    very nearly cleaned him up, as I didn't see him to the last moment due to the vehicle in front of me
    blocking my view. That vehicle also swerved at the last minute.

    If the cyclist referred to in the original post, continues to ride like that, natural selection will
    take it's course eventually.

  17. 1210

    1210 Guest

    "Alan Erskine" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I hate cowards like you who post through anonymous remailers

    Wrong and wrong.

    You want to put your foot into your mouth even deeper.

    > Identify yourself or just fade away like a good little troll.

    Troll? Ha Ha Ha You dont know the meaning of a troll.

    All of my opinions are my own.

    > --
    > Alan Erskine alanterskine(at)hotmail.com
    >

    > Due to Optusnet's failure to deal with the current virus SPAM attack, respond to
    > alanterskine(at)hotmail.com "1210" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Seen without a helmet weaving amongst the traffic on City Hill. Not bothering to use a newly
    > > opened bike lane.
    > >
    > > The bastard should have been knocked down and run over.

  18. John Doe

    John Doe Guest

    "1210" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Gary Woodman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > "1210" <[email protected]> wrote in news:3f9bd29c$0$21655
    > > [email protected]:
    > >
    > > > Seen without a helmet weaving amongst the traffic on City Hill. Not bothering to use a newly
    > > > opened bike lane.
    > > >
    > > > The bastard should have been knocked down and run over.
    > >
    > > Why didn't you do it then? Leave the job for someone else as usual. Is
    it
    > > because that is normally called "attempted murder"?
    >
    > It aint if it not done on purpose. Or are you saying that all incidents between bikes are cars are
    > attempted murder?

    Well then it might have been better to say "The bastard COULD..." or "The bastard MIGHT have..."
    rather than saying "The bastard SHOULD..."

  19. Gary Woodman

    Gary Woodman Guest

    "1210" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > "Gary Woodman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> "1210" <[email protected]> wrote in news:3f9bd29c$0$21655
    >> [email protected]:
    >>
    >> > Seen without a helmet weaving amongst the traffic on City Hill. Not bothering to use a newly
    >> > opened bike lane.
    >> >
    >> > The bastard should have been knocked down and run over.
    >>
    >> Why didn't you do it then? Leave the job for someone else as usual. Is it because that is
    >> normally called "attempted murder"?
    >
    > It aint if it not done on purpose.

    Oh, sorry. Since everyone saw you post here, I should have said "conspiracy to murder".

    > Or are you saying that all incidents between bikes are cars are attempted murder?

    Pissweak evasion. Why didn't you knock the cyclist down and run him/her over, like you said "should
    have been"? Is it because you're a gutless foul-mouthed prick raised on a diet of American
    television violence?

    Gary

    --
    Don't have a local servo any more :-/

  20. John Doe

    John Doe Guest

    > No need to wish that on him. If he rides like that often enough, the inevitable will happen. At
    > least when cyclists ride like idiots, the chances of them killing someone else is very slim,
    > unless they collect a pedestrian, or cause a vehicle to swerve.

    Very true - we wouldnt wish that on them. We all know there are idiots out there no matter whether
    they ride, walk, drive, etc etc. That was not in dispute. Hopefully he will be caught one day and
    learn a lesson. But to say that someone should have been run down is a little over the top.

    Cheers Pete