Idiots on the A1

On 17 Aug, 14:22, Tony Raven <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> Perhaps hiding behind that pseudonym is the galactically (in)famous poet
> >> Paula Nancy Millstone Jennings ;-)

> > I thought she died... something to do with building a new bypass?

> Well if the bypass has been built where are we?

Can't answer that. Except for some reason the number 42 keeps going
through my mind. Which by some extraordinary coincidence is my posting
name for this group, what's the probability of that?

Rob

In uk.rec.cycling Tom twisted the electrons to say:
> Alistair Gunn <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Aye ... and he forgot to mention all those 'freeloading' motorists
> > driving vehicles manufactured before 01/01/1974.

> ITYM first registered before 1/1/1973

Aye ... my bad ...

>>> I thought she died... something to do with building a new bypass?

>> Well if the bypass has been built where are we?

> Can't answer that. Except for some reason the number 42 keeps going
> through my mind.

That always seems to be the answer to life, the universe and everything.
;-)

Tony

news:eek:[email protected]...
> Tom wrote:
>> Alistair Gunn <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> Aye ... and he forgot to mention all those 'freeloading' motorists
>>> driving vehicles manufactured before 01/01/1974.

>> ITYM first registered before 1/1/1973
>>

> Or with less than 100g/km of CO2. In fact the "road tax" payable on
> bicycles is identical to what it would be if they were assessed as cars.

Nice one!

Mary

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...
> On Aug 16, 4:36 pm, Rob Morley <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > I don't think the cyclists would be at all happy with cars
> > > filling the 1 minute gap between each cyclist.

> > When I was time trialling I always used to wish that motor vehicles
> > would give me less space, for a better tow. :)

> ... and presumably picked up speed a bit on the down slopes, slowed
> down for you when it got steeper, overtook the bike in front when you
> wanted to... :)

Just going past quite close and fast lets you surf their bow waves.

> (aren't there rules about that, or is just about following other
> competitors too closely?)

It's unsporting to do it on purpose, but you don't really have any
control over what the other traffic does. :)