Idyllwild, CA ~VIDEO~

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Bill Porter, Apr 5, 2003.

  1. Bill Porter

    Bill Porter Guest

    Last weekend, I went up to Idyllwild, CA located in the San Jacinto Mountains between Hemet and Palm
    Desert. The weather was nice and sunny with spring in the air with lots of greenery and wild
    flowers. The riding was great with quite a few miles of singletrack. While the sunny conditions made
    for wonderfull riding, it also caused issues with my lipstick camera as it does not perform well in
    rapidly changing like you find while dodging trees on singletrack on a sunny day. I did however
    manage to get enough footage to get a video together.

    You can check out the video here: http://www.mountainbikebill.com/videos/Idyllwild-MAR03.mpg

    I also have maps, pictures, and a trail description on the website in the SOCAL trails section.

    Bill Porter www.mountainbikebill.com

    Tags:

  2. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    Bill Porter wrote:
    > Last weekend, I went up to Idyllwild, CA located in the San Jacinto Mountains between Hemet and
    > Palm Desert. The weather was nice and sunny with spring in the air with lots of greenery and wild
    > flowers. The riding was great with quite a few miles of singletrack. While the sunny conditions
    > made for wonderfull riding, it also caused issues with my lipstick camera as it does not perform
    > well in rapidly changing like you find while dodging trees on singletrack on a sunny day. I did
    > however manage to get enough footage to get a video together.
    >
    > You can check out the video here: http://www.mountainbikebill.com/videos/Idyllwild-MAR03.mpg

    Awesome! I wish I hadn't been so busy last weekend. Maybe I'll head out there tomorrow.

    Greg

  3. ..::Tbf::..

    ..::Tbf::.. Guest

    --
    http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/ "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Bill Porter wrote:
    > > Last weekend, I went up to Idyllwild, CA located in the San Jacinto
    Mountains
    > > between Hemet and Palm Desert. The weather was nice and sunny with
    spring in
    > > the air with lots of greenery and wild flowers. The riding was great
    with quite
    > > a few miles of singletrack. While the sunny conditions made for
    wonderfull
    > > riding, it also caused issues with my lipstick camera as it does not
    perform
    > > well in rapidly changing like you find while dodging trees on
    singletrack on a
    > > sunny day. I did however manage to get enough footage to get a video together.
    > >
    > > You can check out the video here: http://www.mountainbikebill.com/videos/Idyllwild-MAR03.mpg
    > >

    > Awesome! I wish I hadn't been so busy last weekend. Maybe I'll head out there tomorrow.
    >
    > Greg
    >
    > --
    > "Destroy your safe and happy lives before it is too late, the battles we fought were long and
    > hard, just not to be consumed by rock n' roll..." - The Mekons

    Second that, these damn videos are all I have until the trails dry out. Snow i can handle but the
    mud and clay makes the trails a mess for at least a week

  4. Flyingcoyote

    Flyingcoyote Guest

  5. Bill Porter

    Bill Porter Guest

    On Sat, 5 Apr 2003 19:24:46 -0800, "FlyingCoyote" <[email protected]> wrote:

    <SNIP>
    >What music is that? Kinda sounds like Delerium or Enigma.
    >
    >--
    >
    >FlyingCoyote http://www.boarsgut.com

    It is off of the Tomb Raider soundtrack. It is by Delerium (featuring Aude) and the track is called
    Terra Firma (Lara's Mix)

    Bill Porter www.mountainbikebill.com

  6. Bill Porter

    Bill Porter Guest

    There is a problem with the video I uploaded. It works fine on my XP box with Media Player 9 that I
    encoded on, but it gets jerky around the 1:30 to 1:50 timeframe on my Win2K machine with Media
    Player 9. It also gets jerky while on my Win98 SE machine with Media Player 7.

    If any of you have seen the video and did not have a problem with it could you let me know what OS
    and player you are using. Trying to figure this out while I reencode the video.

    Bill Porter www.mountainbikebill.com

  7. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Bill Porter wrote:
    > There is a problem with the video I uploaded. It works fine on my XP box with Media Player 9 that
    > I encoded on, but it gets jerky around the 1:30 to 1:50 timeframe on my Win2K machine with Media
    > Player 9. It also gets jerky while on my Win98 SE machine with Media Player 7.
    >
    > If any of you have seen the video and did not have a problem with it could you let me know what OS
    > and player you are using. Trying to figure this out while I reencode the video.
    >
    > Bill Porter www.mountainbikebill.com

    thanks bill as usual I thought my kids done something to my computer...I'm running XP home with the
    same media player

  8. ..::Tbf::..

    ..::Tbf::.. Guest

    --
    http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/ "Bill Porter" <[email protected]> wrote
    in message news:[email protected]...
    > There is a problem with the video I uploaded. It works fine on my XP box
    with
    > Media Player 9 that I encoded on, but it gets jerky around the 1:30 to
    1:50
    > timeframe on my Win2K machine with Media Player 9. It also gets jerky
    while on
    > my Win98 SE machine with Media Player 7.
    >
    > If any of you have seen the video and did not have a problem with it could
    you
    > let me know what OS and player you are using. Trying to figure this out
    while I
    > reencode the video.
    >
    > Bill Porter www.mountainbikebill.com

    Hey Bill, how did you get the video to work on your XBOX, my kid is asking about that?

  9. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Penny S. wrote:
    > Bill Porter wrote:
    >> There is a problem with the video I uploaded. It works fine on my XP box with Media Player 9 that
    >> I encoded on, but it gets jerky around the 1:30 to 1:50 timeframe on my Win2K machine with Media
    >> Player 9. It also gets jerky while on my Win98 SE machine with Media Player 7.
    >>
    >> If any of you have seen the video and did not have a problem with it could you let me know what
    >> OS and player you are using. Trying to figure this out while I reencode the video.
    >>
    >> Bill Porter www.mountainbikebill.com
    >
    > thanks bill as usual I thought my kids done something to my computer...I'm running XP home with
    > the same media player

    I mean, I had that problem with it too. sheesh.

    penny

  10. Bill Porter

    Bill Porter Guest

    On Sun, 06 Apr 2003 17:54:54 GMT, "..::TBF::.." <[email protected]> wrote:

    >--
    >http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/ "Bill Porter" <[email protected]>
    >wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> There is a problem with the video I uploaded. It works fine on my XP box
    >with
    >> Media Player 9 that I encoded on, but it gets jerky around the 1:30 to
    >1:50
    >> timeframe on my Win2K machine with Media Player 9. It also gets jerky
    >while on
    >> my Win98 SE machine with Media Player 7.
    >>
    >> If any of you have seen the video and did not have a problem with it could
    >you
    >> let me know what OS and player you are using. Trying to figure this out
    >while I
    >> reencode the video.
    >>
    >> Bill Porter www.mountainbikebill.com
    >>

    >Hey Bill, how did you get the video to work on your XBOX, my kid is asking about that?

    Tell them that all they have to do is keep hitting the XBOX REALLY hard while trying to insert a
    network cable where the CD would normally go :)

    Bill "I have two boys that would try it" Porter www.mountainbikebill.com

  11. If you have a CD burner and Nero, Nero has a free downloadable VCD plugin that will convert MPG's to
    SVCD that will pay on newer DVD's. Do not look for DVD quality playbacks.

    http://www.nero.com/en/index.html#c1040051347750

    "..::TBF::.." <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/ "Bill Porter" <[email protected]>
    > wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > There is a problem with the video I uploaded. It works fine on my XP
    box
    > with
    > > Media Player 9 that I encoded on, but it gets jerky around the 1:30 to
    > 1:50
    > > timeframe on my Win2K machine with Media Player 9. It also gets jerky
    > while on
    > > my Win98 SE machine with Media Player 7.
    > >
    > > If any of you have seen the video and did not have a problem with it
    could
    > you
    > > let me know what OS and player you are using. Trying to figure this out
    > while I
    > > reencode the video.
    > >
    > > Bill Porter www.mountainbikebill.com
    > >

    > Hey Bill, how did you get the video to work on your XBOX, my kid is asking about that?

  12. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    Penny S. wrote:
    > Bill Porter wrote:
    >
    >>There is a problem with the video I uploaded. It works fine on my XP box with Media Player 9 that
    >>I encoded on, but it gets jerky around the 1:30 to 1:50 timeframe on my Win2K machine with Media
    >>Player 9. It also gets jerky while on my Win98 SE machine with Media Player 7.
    >>
    >>If any of you have seen the video and did not have a problem with it could you let me know what OS
    >>and player you are using. Trying to figure this out while I reencode the video.
    >>
    >>Bill Porter www.mountainbikebill.com
    >

    > thanks bill as usual I thought my kids done something to my computer...I'm running XP home with
    > the same media player

    OS 10.2 with Quicktime and it looked fine.

    Greg

  13. ..::Tbf::..

    ..::Tbf::.. Guest

    --
    http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/ "Dean A. Stepper" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > If you have a CD burner and Nero, Nero has a free downloadable VCD plugin that will convert MPG's
    > to SVCD that will pay on newer DVD's. Do not look for DVD quality playbacks.
    >
    > http://www.nero.com/en/index.html#c1040051347750
    >

    > "..::TBF::.." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >

    > > --
    > > http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/ "Bill Porter" <[email protected]>
    > > wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > > There is a problem with the video I uploaded. It works fine on my XP
    > box
    > > with
    > > > Media Player 9 that I encoded on, but it gets jerky around the 1:30 to
    > > 1:50
    > > > timeframe on my Win2K machine with Media Player 9. It also gets jerky
    > > while on
    > > > my Win98 SE machine with Media Player 7.
    > > >
    > > > If any of you have seen the video and did not have a problem with it
    > could
    > > you
    > > > let me know what OS and player you are using. Trying to figure this
    out
    > > while I
    > > > reencode the video.
    > > >
    > > > Bill Porter www.mountainbikebill.com
    > > >

    > > Hey Bill, how did you get the video to work on your XBOX, my kid is
    asking
    > > about that?

    yeah I know how to do it for my DVD/VCD/MP3 player, but I'm not aware of the XBOX being able to play
    VCD discs.

    For PC or VCD burns I use Easy CD Creator Plat 5 which has a built in VCD utility.

  14. Bill Porter

    Bill Porter Guest

    On Sun, 06 Apr 2003 17:20:58 GMT, [email protected] (Bill Porter) wrote:

    >There is a problem with the video I uploaded. It works fine on my XP box with Media Player 9 that I
    >encoded on, but it gets jerky around the 1:30 to 1:50 timeframe on my Win2K machine with Media
    >Player 9. It also gets jerky while on my Win98 SE machine with Media Player 7.
    >
    >If any of you have seen the video and did not have a problem with it could you let me know what OS
    >and player you are using. Trying to figure this out while I reencode the video.
    >
    >Bill Porter www.mountainbikebill.com

    I have a mo-better-gooder version of the video uploaded now that should not cause the problems with
    some OS/players.

    Bill Porter www.mountainbikebill.com