If Cost was not an Issure: What Bike/Components?

Originally posted by hohobike
What Frame? Which Components? What Wheels?

My bike! I saved and sold a couple of other toys (guns) to get it, but it's worth it. It's my 3rd SC and I'm sticking with them. XT, Z1 QR 20, Sun-Ringle', Easton. Have fun.

K.

Cove Handjob. all XT stuff, Mavic wheels, Ritchey, KORE, Salsa accessories...Hard Tail all the way...and for less than a grand!

Cove's have ended up being nice bikes. Stout too. It's hard to kill them. I feel disloyal giving another bike props, but heh, the Heckler will forgive me (I hope!). Ride on.

K. Thanks hoho. I just wish my skills would do the bike justice.

Road; Look KG381i in bare carbon finish, carbon EVERYTHING, Dura-Ace 10sp, Chris King hubs/Open Pro rims/DT Revolution spokes. I like the look of carbon. :)

Mountain; Cannondale Scalpel, full XTR w/ hyd discs, Lefty ELO fork, Crossmax UST wheels

Rek,
Is your little buddy flipping us off?! I don't know if I am offended or in love! Very cool.;-)

K.

Hmm it does look a little like that, doesn't it :) I think he's putting his index finger in the air or something.

I really should change it a bit as I use the same one on (most) all the forums ;)

Same here - pretty hard to improve on my Trek Y-Foil w/Chorus group. Maybe Campy Bora or Zipp 909/404 wheels... Synapsi handlebars... A couple of plane tickets so I could tour the Alps for the terrific hillclimbs, and then tour Holland for the terrific coffee and beer.

Litespeed...no...wait... Merlin...no...wait.. Titus... no wait...Colnago...no wait.... Lemond Ti.... no wait...Waterford...no wait... Edge...no wait...Serotta...no wait...Aegis...no wait Ellsworth...no wait...Bianchi...no wait...Moser...no wait...Ritchey...no wait... De Rosa.........

oh never mind........

Originally posted by hohobike
What Frame? Which Components? What Wheels?

True True...did anyone see the article on Robin Williams in Bicycling last month or was it this month? He takes the buy them all philosophy to heart!!!!

Originally posted by Mouse Potato
If cost was not an issue, why couldn't you have them all? ;)

Do you have a once off unlimited supply or do you have it forever? Because you'll have to replace parts sometime and insurance is also a must.

My choice would be a Carrera Pitbull with Chorus group and FIR Galaxium wheels. Not to over the top but still affordable.