If Cost was not an Issure: What Bike/Components?

Why would you need parts?

When the chain wears out...you can change bikes?!?!?!?!?!!?

Originally posted by Mampara
Do you have a once off unlimited supply or do you have it forever? Because you'll have to replace parts sometime and insurance is also a must.

My choice would be a Carrera Pitbull with Chorus group and FIR Galaxium wheels. Not to over the top but still affordable.

Originally posted by Gazoo
Litespeed...no...wait... Merlin...no...wait.. Titus... no wait...Colnago...no wait.... Lemond Ti.... no wait...Waterford...no wait... Edge...no wait...Serotta...no wait...Aegis...no wait Ellsworth...no wait...Bianchi...no wait...Moser...no wait...Ritchey...no wait... De Rosa.........

oh never mind........

Exactly!!!!!!!

I think if price was truly no object, I wouldn't get any high end bike or components, I would contract and hire cycling and bike frame design masters, biomechanical engineers, and materials experts, submit to a barrage of body measurements and have a carbon fibre-unobtanium bike built from scratch specifically for my body characteristics. For components, I would stick with either Dura-ace or Campy record designs, but have all the components recreated in titanium or some type of magnesium alloy to make them lighter.

Then I would have 5 identical bikes built in this way... All in all I predict the final product would cost somewhere in the millions of dollars, but you said price was no object, yes? :)

Have a good one...

Feanor