If critical mess riders want to do something useful

coppershark

New Member
Feb 19, 2004
Premier Bracks is introducing an annual levy on parking spots in Melbourne CBD of I think $400.

This is mickey mouse stuff and will do jack to reduce the numbers of cars in the CBD.

Now the Poms on the other hand have a daily charge of GBP5 (approx A$12) to enter central London and this resulted in a 30% decrease in the number of cars entering the central area.

I understand they bill on a similar basis to transurban by photographing number plates and cross matching to payment records.

Now if Premier Bracks was real smart he could subcontract the collection to Transurban, who already have the technology, for an appropriate fee (which could be on top of the $12 per day and

Vic Government would rake it in
Transurban would rake it in
The RACV and the motorists would whine like dodgy diffs (and hopefully some 30% would leave their cars at home)
There would be more space on the roads for cyclists and trams.

So all you critical mess riders -
Why don't you do something useful and take up petition sheets at the end of May and get all those tram passengers to sign up?

coppershark said:

Im sure its only a matter of time. Mayor So and other govt lads have raised this idea a couple o times already in the past. Far easier, admin wise to get parking Co's to collect that little tax for you than go to expense (altho your Transurbane idea aint bad) od installing infrastructure for this right away.

So why dont you come along on the next cm ride and organise this?
typing's easy. back it up snakey! :D

coppershark wrote:
....snip......

> Why don't you do something useful

AFAIKI, in this country, number plate recognition is automatic, so I
would love to see this suystem introduced.

Just wondering how easy it is to print up the number plate of a #$%$%$#
driver and mount it on the back of the bicycle. {:).

Terry Collins said:
coppershark wrote:
....snip......

> Why don't you do something useful

AFAIKI, in this country, number plate recognition is automatic, so I
would love to see this suystem introduced.

Just wondering how easy it is to print up the number plate of a #$%$%$#
driver and mount it on the back of the bicycle. {:).

ooooh. evil but cool ;)

coppershark said:
So all you critical mess riders -
Why don't you do something useful and take up petition sheets at the end of May and get all those tram passengers to sign up?

Well, subscribe to the yahoogroup & suggest it to the ratbags.
Speaking as someone who's been known to attend a CM or two, this week I've been making oneself mildly useful by assisting with the Wheels of Justice rides, lots of emails/ph calls and spending too much time on the computer, to the point of being unnatural. Like putting this together, http://bicyclejustice.blogspot.com

Inner 'burbs trendoid cyclists hang **** on roadies, roadie hang **** anyone anyone not on full Campy, MTB'ers hang **** on roadies because they're a bunch of lycra wankers. Fixie riders think everyone else, other than themselves, are weak knee'd wusses.

Boring isn't it? :rolleyes:

On Sun, 08 May 2005 at 05:08 GMT, cfsmtb (aka Bruce)
> Inner 'burbs trendoid cyclists hang **** on roadies, roadie hang ****
> anyone anyone not on full Campy, MTB'ers hang **** on roadies because
> they're a bunch of lycra wankers. Fixie riders think everyone else,
> other than themselves, are weak knee'd wusses.

And BV bike riders are open minded.

We have to be :)

"Any sufficiently complicated C or Fortran program contains an ad hoc
informally-specified bug-ridden slow implementation of half of Common
Lisp." -- Greenspun's Tenth Rule of Programming

Terry Collins said:
coppershark wrote:
....snip......

> Why don't you do something useful

AFAIKI, in this country, number plate recognition is automatic, so I
would love to see this suystem introduced.

Just wondering how easy it is to print up the number plate of a #$%$%$#
driver and mount it on the back of the bicycle. {:).

Doh, I thought of that one too, given that citylink won't itemise, I wonder if riding up the exhibition st extension which is tolled and legal each day would add to someones bill.

On Sun, 08 May 2005 at 05:22 GMT, Tamyka Bell (aka Bruce)
> On Sun, 8 May 2005, cfsmtb wrote:
>> Inner 'burbs trendoid cyclists hang **** on roadies, roadie hang ****
>> anyone anyone not on full Campy, MTB'ers hang **** on roadies because
>> they're a bunch of lycra wankers. Fixie riders think everyone else,
>> other than themselves, are weak knee'd wusses.

> They all pick on triathletes.

Oh yeah. Forgot about that. Won't do it again.

Damn runners.

Stuart Lamble wrote:
> But to say it's automatic is disingenuous at best.

Oh bummer, I thought the truck safety cam was.

Hmm, okay, blow up model car with dummy number plate then (san WWII) {:).