if cycling could be made

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Joe, Apr 19, 2006.

  1. Joe

    Joe Guest

    if cycling could be made into the transport of the people
    again as it should be instead of just the helmet wearing subset there
    would be a stronger push for your better facilities. Too many people
    have been discouraged and alienated from cycling because they are
    adverse to wearing a helmet, There is no evidence that the law has
    worked in preventing injury so it should be reviewed, but the
    Government refuses to. That's while we should fight over it.
     
    Tags:


  2. warrwych

    warrwych New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2004
    Messages:
    1,009
    Likes Received:
    0
    Let me put on my protective headgear and fat gloves before we fight over it (what are we fighting over btw?:confused:)
     
  3. DaveB

    DaveB Guest

    Joe wrote:
    > if cycling could be made into the transport of the people
    > again as it should be instead of just the helmet wearing subset there
    > would be a stronger push for your better facilities. Too many people
    > have been discouraged and alienated from cycling because they are
    > adverse to wearing a helmet, There is no evidence that the law has
    > worked in preventing injury so it should be reviewed, but the
    > Government refuses to. That's while we should fight over it.
    >


    BAAANNNNNNGGGG! Doh, the troll meter just exploded.

    DaveB
     
  4. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    warrwych wrote:
    >
    > Joe Wrote:
    > > if cycling could be made into the transport of the people
    > > again as it should be instead of just the helmet wearing subset there
    > > would be a stronger push for your better facilities. Too many people
    > > have been discouraged and alienated from cycling because they are
    > > adverse to wearing a helmet, There is no evidence that the law has
    > > worked in preventing injury so it should be reviewed, but the
    > > Government refuses to. That's while we should fight over it.

    >
    > Let me put on my protective headgear and fat gloves before we fight
    > over it (what are we fighting over btw?:confused:)


    And can I get out the big, inflatable boxing ring? Actually can we get
    sumo suits too?

    Tam
     
  5. warrwych

    warrwych New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2004
    Messages:
    1,009
    Likes Received:
    0

    I was waiting for you to step up and take the challenge Ms Tam :D. Now all we need is dragonslayer Ms ShottyLotte and we can take down this little sub-bridge dwelling critter.
     
  6. Bleve

    Bleve Guest

    warrwych wrote:
    > Joe Wrote:
    > > if cycling could be made into the transport of the people
    > > again as it should be instead of just the helmet wearing subset there
    > > would be a stronger push for your better facilities. Too many people
    > > have been discouraged and alienated from cycling because they are
    > > adverse to wearing a helmet, There is no evidence that the law has
    > > worked in preventing injury so it should be reviewed, but the
    > > Government refuses to. That's while we should fight over it.

    >
    > Let me put on my protective headgear and fat gloves before we fight
    > over it (what are we fighting over btw?:confused:)


    You're feeding Bratton. Please don't.
     
  7. Bean Long

    Bean Long Guest

    Joe wrote:
    > if cycling could be made into the transport of the people
    > again as it should be instead of just the helmet wearing subset there
    > would be a stronger push for your better facilities. Too many people
    > have been discouraged and alienated from cycling because they are
    > adverse to wearing a helmet, There is no evidence that the law has
    > worked in preventing injury so it should be reviewed, but the
    > Government refuses to. That's while we should fight over it.
    >


    Just 'cos it's nearly the end of the week and I'm back from holiday I
    feel I can take the bait and reply:

    While you say "...there is no evidence that the law has worked in
    preventing injury..." there is also no evidence that "...Too many
    people have been discouraged and alienated from cycling because they are
    adverse to wearing a helmet..."

    --
    Bean "not taking sides... just being pedantic"

    Remove "yourfinger" before replying
     
  8. Marx SS

    Marx SS New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2004
    Messages:
    810
    Likes Received:
    0
    I don’t care what anybody else says.
    I look cool in mine.
     
  9. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    Likes Received:
    0
    I have witnessed this and I hate to break it to you Marky, but alas you dont!
    really. :D
     
  10. gplama

    gplama Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 16, 2004
    Messages:
    7,817
    Likes Received:
    189
    Your English isn't very pro....
     
  11. ken

    ken Guest

    gplama wrote:
    > Joe Wrote:
    > > That's we should have a cock fight over it.


    go for it.
     
  12. TimC

    TimC Guest

    On 2006-04-20, Bleve (aka Bruce)
    was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:
    > warrwych wrote:
    >> Joe Wrote:
    >> > if cycling could be made into the transport of the people
    >> > again as it should be instead of just the helmet wearing subset there
    >> > would be a stronger push for your better facilities. Too many people
    >> > have been discouraged and alienated from cycling because they are
    >> > adverse to wearing a helmet, There is no evidence that the law has
    >> > worked in preventing injury so it should be reviewed, but the
    >> > Government refuses to. That's while we should fight over it.

    >>
    >> Let me put on my protective headgear and fat gloves before we fight
    >> over it (what are we fighting over btw?:confused:)

    >
    > You're feeding Bratton. Please don't.


    Although it is *surprisingly* well written for Bratton.

    I wonder who he was plagiarising?

    --
    TimC
    I bet the human brain is a kludge.
    -- Marvin Minsky
     
  13. rooman

    rooman New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2005
    Messages:
    1,167
    Likes Received:
    0
    maybe killer goats will chase under the bridge and ferret out the sad blighter
     
  14. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
    Likes Received:
    0
    LOOK BEHIND YOU! THERE'S A LURKING GIANT KILLER SQUID !
     
  15. SteveA

    SteveA New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2004
    Messages:
    1,309
    Likes Received:
    0
    Can simple economics protect us from giant killer squid like it can from higher petrol prices?

    Steve(the world will end when the pertrol price hits $2.00)A
     
  16. You guys are so cynical!!

    Anyway, I was stopped at some traffic lights the other day - and I had
    a short chat to the driver of a Prado who was also waiting in line. He
    leaned his 150kg+ bulk across towards the passenger side, wound down
    the window with his pork sausage-like fingers, and said, "Hey, cool
    bike. You know, I'd like to try riding one day. But I feel discouraged
    and alienated by the legal requirement to wear a helmet..."

    :rollseyes:

    Abby (sorry for feeding the troll.... *grins*)
     
  17. Travis

    Travis Guest

    Marx SS wrote:
    > I don't care what anybody else says.
    > I look cool in mine.


    Why worry about the helmet? For most people its the love handles
    spilling out of their lycra that is the dominant picture. A lot of
    helmets these days look pretty cool and quasi futuristic.

    Travis
     
  18. Peter Keller

    Peter Keller Guest

    On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 13:21:40 +1000, Marx SS wrote:

    >
    > I don’t care what anybody else says.
    > I look cool in mine.


    I don't care what anyone else says.
    I don't look cool in mine. Not unless ruddy face, dripping sweat,
    steamy hot wet tangled hair and irritated itchy sebaceous cysts qualify
    as "cool" To say nothing about dark thoughts about nanny-states,
    "Well-meaning" non-bike riders etc

    Peter

    --
    No Microsoft involved. Certified virus free --
     
  19. Peter Keller

    Peter Keller Guest

    On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 20:35:39 +1000, Shane Stanley wrote:

    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > Peter Keller <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> I don't care what anyone else says.

    >
    > Then why bother posting?


    Itchy fingers and hot sweaty head interfere with rational thought
    processes.

    Peter

    --
    No Microsoft involved. Certified virus free --
     
Loading...
Loading...