If ever there was a reason to stop Mountain Biking ...

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Jeff Strickland, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Tags:

  2. Surgius

    Surgius Guest

    http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20021202/ap_on_he_me/bikin
    > g_fertility_1
    >

    > Of course, Vandeman will like you to continue biking as much as you can as often as you can
    > so that you don't spawn a new generation of mountain bikers. I'll bet he is torn apart on
    > this one ...

    He is a big fan of the Vasectomy.

  3. R.White

    R.White Guest

    "Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Here is a reason better than anything Vandeman can come up with to stop biking ...
    >
    > http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20021202/ap_on_he_me/bikin g_fertility_1
    >

    > Of course, Vandeman will like you to continue biking as much as you can as often as you can
    > so that you don't spawn a new generation of mountain bikers. I'll bet he is torn apart on
    > this one ...

    As a father of 4, it's a good reason to ride MORE!

  4. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On Tue, 03 Dec 2002 18:51:46 GMT, "Surgius" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >He is a big fan of the Vasectomy.

    Hmmmm. I wonder if we can get a Vandectomy for this NG?

    Guy
    ===
    dynamic DNS permitting)
    work. Apologies.

  5. Muddy

    Muddy Guest

    [email protected] (Trudi Marrapodi) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > In article <[email protected]>, "Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > Here is a reason better than anything Vandeman can come up with to stop biking ...
    > >
    > > http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20021202/ap_on_he_me/bikin g_fertility_1
    > >

    > > Of course, Vandeman will like you to continue biking as much as you can as often as you can so
    > > that you don't spawn a new generation of mountain bikers. I'll bet he is torn apart on this
    > > one ...
    >
    > Does anyone find the thread title "Do Mountain Bikers Have Any Balls?" as hysterical as I did
    > after reading this article? (My comment: "According to this, apparently not.")
    >
    > Even funnier, in the thread a mountain biker says he's not guilty of overpopulating the planet
    > because he has a vasectomy and no kids, and that the balance of nature would be better if people
    > would stop having so many damn babies, vs. worrying about the environment for wildlife.
    >
    > Well, I guess all mountain bikers are playing a part in population control, whether they plan
    > to or not.

    Hahahahahahahaha

    You guy's crack me up

    You really can't see the reason why MV had a vasectomy can you? It so there no more as
    irritating as him!

    Muddy

  6. Gary S.

    Gary S. Guest

    On Tue, 03 Dec 2002 20:01:03 +0000, "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Tue, 03 Dec 2002 18:51:46 GMT, "Surgius" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>He is a big fan of the Vasectomy.
    >
    >Hmmmm. I wonder if we can get a Vandectomy for this NG?

    The Bay area Sierra Club Chapter did one when they removed him from a volunteer position in October,
    for "Breach of Leadership Trust".

    Maybe it will catch on.

    Mikey could have a meeting with all of the people who agree with him. Does PacBell still have
    phone booths?

    Happy trails, Gary (net.yogi.bear)

    Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA Please reply to: garyDOTschwartzATpoboxDOTcom

  7. "Muddy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > [email protected] (Trudi Marrapodi) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > In article <[email protected]>, "Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > > Here is a reason better than anything Vandeman can come up with to
    stop
    > > > biking ...

    http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20021202/ap_on_he_me/bikin
    > > > g_fertility_1
    > > >

    > > > Of course, Vandeman will like you to continue biking as much as you
    can as
    > > > often as you can so that you don't spawn a new generation of mountain bikers. I'll bet he is
    > > > torn apart on this one ...
    > >
    > > Does anyone find the thread title "Do Mountain Bikers Have Any Balls?"
    as
    > > hysterical as I did after reading this article? (My comment: "According
    > > this, apparently not.")
    > >
    > > Even funnier, in the thread a mountain biker says he's not guilty of overpopulating the planet
    > > because he has a vasectomy and no kids, and
    that
    > > the balance of nature would be better if people would stop having so
    many
    > > damn babies, vs. worrying about the environment for wildlife.
    > >
    > > Well, I guess all mountain bikers are playing a part in population control, whether they plan to
    > > or not.
    >
    > Hahahahahahahaha
    >
    > You guy's crack me up
    >
    > You really can't see the reason why MV had a vasectomy can you? It so there no more as
    > irritating as him!

    The sad part is, Mike thinks the rest of us should have the Big V done for the same reason he had it
    done. And, we are liars if we say that we enjoy our kids.

  8. > Mikey could have a meeting with all of the people who agree with him. Does PacBell still have
    > phone booths?

    A phone booth full of Mike and all of the people that agree with him would only have one
    person in it ...

  9. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On Wed, 4 Dec 2002 12:45:50 -0800, "Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >The sad part is, Mike thinks the rest of us should have the Big V done for the same reason he had
    >it done. And, we are liars if we say that we enjoy our kids.

    They might grow up to be mountain bikers, which would make them the spawn of Satan (unless they are
    mountain bikers without mountain bikes, which as we all know is OK).

    Guy
    ===
    dynamic DNS permitting)
    work. Apologies.

  10. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On Tue, 3 Dec 2002 12:58:45 -0800, "Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >A phone booth full of Mike and all of the people that agree with him would only have one person
    >in it ...

    One troll, no people.

    Guy
    ===
    dynamic DNS permitting)
    work. Apologies.

  11. David Lapice

    David Lapice Guest

    On Wed, 04 Dec 2002 21:50:06 +0000, "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote :

    >On Wed, 4 Dec 2002 12:45:50 -0800, "Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>The sad part is, Mike thinks the rest of us should have the Big V done for the same reason he had
    >>it done. And, we are liars if we say that we enjoy our kids.
    >
    >They might grow up to be mountain bikers, which would make them the spawn of Satan (unless they are
    >mountain bikers without mountain bikes, which as we all know is OK).

    LMFAO !!!

  12. Scribe2b wrote:
    > dont you remember, when this group became moderated, in reaction to MV, how it flatout died???

    Mike claims it is his victory, some crap about trying to censor him killed the group..
    yeah riiiight!

  13. On 03 Dec 2002 20:04:48 GMT, [email protected] (Scribe2b) wrote:

    .dont you remember, when this group became moderated, in reaction to MV, how it .flatout died???

    Yeah, isn't it GREAT?
    ===

    http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

  14. ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> wrote
    > Scribe2b wrote:
    > > dont you remember, when this group became moderated, in reaction to MV, how it flatout died???
    >
    > Mike claims it is his victory, some crap about trying to censor him killed the group.. yeah
    > riiiight!

    Well, that actually sounds pretty accurate to me. Had Mike not been there, the group would never
    have been moderated. Seems to me that moderation of rbor was a pretty transparent attempt to get rid
    of him. I agree with Mike: rbor is a classic example of the failure of censorship. And kind of a
    pathetic example to boot. I mean, it's a mountain biking group for Christ's sake!

    The amazing thing to me is that there are still people out there willing to moderate such a sad,
    moribund newsgroup.

    CC

  15. On 4 Dec 2002 19:36:11 -0800, [email protected] (Corvus Corvax) wrote:

    >ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> wrote
    >> Scribe2b wrote:
    >> > dont you remember, when this group became moderated, in reaction to MV, how it flatout died???
    >>
    >> Mike claims it is his victory, some crap about trying to censor him killed the group.. yeah
    >> riiiight!
    >
    >Well, that actually sounds pretty accurate to me. Had Mike not been there, the group would never
    >have been moderated. Seems to me that moderation of rbor was a pretty transparent attempt to get
    >rid of him. I agree with Mike: rbor is a classic example of the failure of censorship. And kind of
    >a pathetic example to boot. I mean, it's a mountain biking group for Christ's sake!
    >
    >The amazing thing to me is that there are still people out there willing to moderate such a sad,
    >moribund newsgroup.
    >
    >CC

    My take was that the moderators went overboard, beyond what the troll required to be handled. I cna
    remember some of my posts not making it into the group and seeing several others that were having
    problems. Sure he played a part, but over-reaction was the killer.

    jim

  16. On 4 Dec 2002 19:36:11 -0800, [email protected] (Corvus Corvax) wrote:

    .ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> wrote .> Scribe2b wrote: .> > dont you remember, when
    this group became moderated, in reaction to MV, how it .> > flatout died??? .> .> Mike claims it is
    his victory, some crap about trying to censor him .> killed the group.. yeah riiiight! . .Well, that
    actually sounds pretty accurate to me. Had Mike not been .there, the group would never have been
    moderated. Seems to me that .moderation of rbor was a pretty transparent attempt to get rid of him.
    .I agree with Mike: rbor is a classic example of the failure of .censorship. And kind of a pathetic
    example to boot. I mean, it's a .mountain biking group for Christ's sake! . .The amazing thing to me
    is that there are still people out there .willing to moderate such a sad, moribund newsgroup.

    But just think of how many people are TRYING to moderate alt.mountain-bike, without even the means
    to do it! And think of how many posts are about ME. If you subtract all of them, alt.mountain-bike
    will be seen to be JUST as moribund! Mountain bikers are nothing but a JOKE. At their expense.
    ===

    http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

  17. Penny S

    Penny S Guest

    "Scribe2b" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >cribe2b wrote:
    > >> dont you remember, when this group became moderated, in reaction to MV,
    how
    > >it
    > >> flatout died???
    > >
    > >Mike claims it is his victory, some crap about trying to censor him killed the group.. yeah
    > >riiiight!
    >
    > no, its more like MV is the court jester of the MTB groups and many people
    do
    > need him for the smugness value and entertainment value. just like we
    need
    > saddam to be the boogey man. jc

    You mean YOU need? I don't need either, and I bet most don't.

    Penny

  18. Bb

    Bb Guest

    On 04 Dec 2002 18:37:06 GMT, Stephen Baker wrote:
    > Penny says:
    >
    >>You mean YOU need? I don't need either, and I bet most don't.
    >
    > Given that MV and Saddam were those said to be "needed", I think I'll pass on both. I don't need a
    > court jester (other than Shaun R, and I don't NEED him...), and as for a boogie-man - I gave up on
    > them years ago.

    What, like TWO years ago? :)

  19. Muddy

    Muddy Guest

    > Stephen Baker <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Penny says:
    > >
    > > >You mean YOU need? I don't need either, and I bet most don't.
    > >
    > > Given that MV and Saddam were those said to be "needed", I think I'll pass
    > on
    > > both. I don't need a court jester (other than Shaun R, and I don't NEED him...),
    >
    > Oh yes you do SB. Kinda muddy in denial eh?

    No Im not.

    > > and as for a boogie-man - I gave up on them years ago. Steve
    >
    > I never had them in the first place, being tough and all.....
    >
    > Shaun aRe

    Muddy - Now Im in denial.

  20. Surgius

    Surgius Guest

    > On 03 Dec 2002 20:04:48 GMT, [email protected] (Scribe2b) wrote:
    >
    > .dont you remember, when this group became moderated, in reaction to MV,
    how it
    > .flatout died???
    >
    > Yeah, isn't it GREAT?

    Yeah, your a legend in your own mind, Mikey.