If I order to transport my stuff in Boston, do I need to buy insurance?

Alexxanderr

Aug 25, 2022
I found another job and decided to move to another city. I have a lot of things and furniture)). Found several companies that move things from one city to another. But I wonder if it makes sense to buy insurance for the carriage of my things? Or the company is fully responsible for the goods?

Parents rented a uhaul to move their belongings. They bought the insurance from uhaul.
Truck ends up with an electrical problem catches on fire burning all their stuff.
The uhaul insurance did absolutely nothing. Ended up going through their homeowners insurance who in return goes after uhaul.
In my experience all that extra insurance **** is just that. **** that allows them to add extra cost to your experience that does absolutely nothing because your home owners insurance handles it in the end.

Reactions: Nanoo
You just need to look for a reliable company of the carrier with a good reputation and experienced loaders. I think that in Boston this is not a problem, demand a guarantee of the safety of cargo and neat circulation. See also that the company has new cars for transportation in good technical condition.

I’m also driving that insurance is useless here. And finding a good carrier is now not a problem, especially in large city. Choose a company with solid experience, see that professional movers work, this is important when choosing a carrier.

Perhaps if you insure your things, you will get compensation later, if you do not take it. But here many advise correctly that we need to look for reliable carriers. It is better to wait a little, but find a good company that has been doing this for a long time.

I don't know about Boston, the company that helps you with the move plays a very important role here. Personally, when I moved to Boston, I had to buy insurance. And in general there were good discount movers https://calgarymoverspro.ca . who did their job accurately and qualitatively.

Normally, the company that transport your goods should have insurance for it. Once you hand over it should be their responsibility. If they don't have insurance for their business you have to wonder what sort of operation they are running.

Hey mate,

I gotta say, I agree with ya on this one. If a company can't sort out basic insurance for their goods, then they definitely ain't runnin' a tight ship. I mean, it's common sense, right? You hand over your stuff, they take it from there. Simple as that. If they can't handle that responsibility, then maybe they shouldn't be in the business. Just my two cents!

Congrats on the new job! Moving is a big step. Insurance is a good idea for extra peace of mind; sometimes unexpected things happen. It's always good to clarify with the moving company too. By the way, I've heard https://discountmoving.ca/ has useful insights on this – might be worth checking them out.

That's great news about the new job! Moving can be quite a stressful process, so having insurance is definitely a smart move for added peace of mind. It's also important to communicate clearly with the moving company to ensure a smooth transition. Thanks for sharing the link to Discount Moving, they seem to have some helpful information on the topic. It's always great to explore different resources and gather insights from various sources when it comes to important decisions like moving.