If *I* won the lottery...

"Gooserider" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Hell and High Water" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > http://www.bianchiusa.com/typo3temp/4847a8e275.jpg
> >

> Oh not me. If *I* won the lottery---
>
> http://www.vanillabicycles.com
>
> Look at their touring bikes. Hand made and gorgeous. Why would I settle for
> mass produced when I could have full custom?

I was going to post that my dream bike was a Cervelo Soloist Carbo:

http://cervelo.com/bikes/2005/SL-Carbon.html

But those bikes are so outrageously pretty that I'd have to get one of
them, too.

"Hell and High Water" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> [email protected] says...
>>
>> "Hell and High Water" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>> > http://www.bianchiusa.com/typo3temp/4847a8e275.jpg
>> >

>> Oh not me. If *I* won the lottery---
>>
>> http://www.vanillabicycles.com
>>
>> Look at their touring bikes. Hand made and gorgeous. Why would I settle
>> for
>> mass produced when I could have full custom?

> Wow!!!
>
> VERY nice!!!
>

> You have excellent taste!

Thanks, but the proper term is "champagne taste and a beer budget". LOL. The
Vanillas are WAY nice.

Gooserider wrote:
> "Hell and High Water" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > http://www.bianchiusa.com/typo3temp/4847a8e275.jpg
> >

> Oh not me. If *I* won the lottery---
>
> http://www.vanillabicycles.com
>
> Look at their touring bikes. Hand made and gorgeous. Why would I settle for
> mass produced when I could have full custom?

I think I'd have to add a custom, single wheel trailer to one of those
touring bikes. Bike #1 with the dual lights and great front rack would
be perfect with a beautiful trailer. My BOB just wouldn't do.

Hell and High Water wrote:
> http://www.bianchiusa.com/typo3temp/4847a8e275.jpg
>

> -Bob

....Surly Steamroller re powder coated dark blue, bull horns, 42 x 15
fixed gear, old school track pedals...mmmm

--
Paul M. Hobson
Georgia Institute of Technology

"Gooserider" <[email protected]> writes:

> http://www.vanillabicycles.com
>
> Look at their touring bikes. Hand made and gorgeous. Why would I
> settle for mass produced when I could have full custom?

Oh my, my, my. I see something to start saving for. Wow.

Remember, you're dealing with developers. If they knew what they
were doing, they wouldn't be doing it.

[email protected] wrote:
> >Oh not me. If *I* won the lottery---
> >http://www.vanillabicycles.com

> I'm quite smitten. Beautiful bikes. And I'm rather surprised that
> such a nice, custom bike can be had for that price. Time to start
> saving up.

What bike??? All I see is a rather cute sexy guy. ;-)

Maggie

Im very happy with what I got, thank you. So I'd probably use the money
for a world bike tour.

However, were it necessary to replace my steed, a Riveldell would
brobably be somewhere high up on the list...

- -

"May you have the winds at your back,
And a really low gear for the hills!"

Chris'Z Corner