If it couldn't get worse....

>From Phil Liggett's latest update

"It is thought that the list, which has taken more than five weeks to
be released because of the complicated and coded many entries in Dr
Fuentes books, include other sports' stars. Those athletes involved
are said to have used the names of their *pet dogs* to avoid being
identified. American Tyler Hamilton, already serving a two-year
suspension for blood doping, is also among those named."

So somewhere Tugboat's name could be on the list.

Oh my.

[email protected] wrote:
> >From Phil Liggett's latest update

> "It is thought that the list, which has taken more than five weeks to
> be released because of the complicated and coded many entries in Dr
> Fuentes books, include other sports' stars. Those athletes involved
> are said to have used the names of their *pet dogs* to avoid being
> identified. American Tyler Hamilton, already serving a two-year
> suspension for blood doping, is also among those named."
>
> So somewhere Tugboat's name could be on the list.
>
> Oh my.

Old news. First reported Sep. 22, 2004.
http://tinyurl.com/mdszo

Tim Lines wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
> > >From Phil Liggett's latest update

> > "It is thought that the list, which has taken more than five weeks to
> > be released because of the complicated and coded many entries in Dr
> > Fuentes books, include other sports' stars. Those athletes involved
> > are said to have used the names of their *pet dogs* to avoid being
> > identified. American Tyler Hamilton, already serving a two-year
> > suspension for blood doping, is also among those named."
> >
> > So somewhere Tugboat's name could be on the list.
> >
> > Oh my.

> Old news. First reported Sep. 22, 2004.
> http://tinyurl.com/mdszo

I remember seeing something about that briefly, but I thought it
referred to people just joking about Tugboat giving the infusion. I
didn't realize from where it sprang.

Preston

[email protected] wrote:
> Tim Lines wrote:
> > >
> > > "It is thought that the list, which has taken more than five weeks to
> > > be released because of the complicated and coded many entries in Dr
> > > Fuentes books, include other sports' stars. Those athletes involved
> > > are said to have used the names of their *pet dogs* to avoid being
> > > identified. American Tyler Hamilton, already serving a two-year
> > > suspension for blood doping, is also among those named."
> > >
> > > So somewhere Tugboat's name could be on the list.
> > >
> > > Oh my.

> > Old news. First reported Sep. 22, 2004.
> > http://tinyurl.com/mdszo

> I remember seeing something about that briefly, but I thought it
> referred to people just joking about Tugboat giving the infusion. I
> didn't realize from where it sprang.

OK. I give up.

Tim Lines wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
> > Tim Lines wrote:

> > > Old news. First reported Sep. 22, 2004.
> > > http://tinyurl.com/mdszo

> > I remember seeing something about that briefly, but I thought it
> > referred to people just joking about Tugboat giving the infusion. I
> > didn't realize from where it sprang.
> >

> OK. I give up.

Seriously. I just thought people were joking around. I didn't realize
there was a serious news nugget in there about riders using pet names,
things of that nature to name their doping results, tests, etc. with
their doctor.

[email protected] wrote:
> Tim Lines wrote:
> > [email protected] wrote:

> > > I remember seeing something about that briefly, but I thought it
> > > referred to people just joking about Tugboat giving the infusion. I
> > > didn't realize from where it sprang.
> > >

> > OK. I give up.

> Seriously. I just thought people were joking around. I didn't realize
> there was a serious news nugget in there about riders using pet names,
> things of that nature to name their doping results, tests, etc. with
> their doctor.

Seriously, I just wish someone would explain the word "irony" to me.
All I know is that someone said its name was "Tugboat".