If James Bond 007 Rode a Bicycle

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Richard Bates, Jun 23, 2003.

  1. What started as a romantic conversation with my fiancee developed into a conversation about James
    Bond riding a bicycle. (Don't ask how we drifted onto this topic, or indeed what the original
    topic was).

    Anyway, we were trying to decide what bike he would ride, and what gadgets he would have
    from Q branch.

    Flame throwing pump anyone? Rubber solution that allows you to walk up walls?
    --
    Two fish suddenly swim into a brick wall. Damn! To reply put only the word "richard" before
    the @ sign

    Tags:

  2. Ian

    Ian Guest

    Richard Bates must be edykated coz e writed:

    > What started as a romantic conversation with my fiancee developed into a conversation about James
    > Bond riding a bicycle. (Don't ask how we drifted onto this topic, or indeed what the original
    > topic was).
    >
    > Anyway, we were trying to decide what bike he would ride, and what gadgets he would have from
    > Q branch.
    >
    > Flame throwing pump anyone? Rubber solution that allows you to walk up walls?

    A fast recumbent of course, maybe the M5 carbon racer.

    Ian

  3. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 21:06:26 +0100, Richard Bates
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Flame throwing pump anyone? Rubber solution that allows you to walk up walls?

    Nah - just a bibshort ballista which fires superglue-coated bibshorts at the baddies. The Paving
    Slab Fairy will do the rest :)

    Guy
    ===

  4. >Nah - just a bibshort ballista which fires superglue-coated bibshorts at the baddies. The Paving
    >Slab Fairy will do the rest :)

    Only if the JB in question is Timothy Dalton ... Drooooooooooool....

    Cheers, the PSF

    ~~~~~~~~~~
    h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$**o$l.c$$*o$*m*$ by getting rid of the
    overdependence on money and fame
    ~~~~~~~~~~

  5. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On 23 Jun 2003 20:43:06 GMT, [email protected] (wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX) wrote:

    >Only if the JB in question is Timothy Dalton

    The Mancunian Bond from the age of politcal correctness. A shame - he is a very very good actor. I
    loved Hawks especially. How can you make a film that funny about cancer? Geoffrey Palmer as the Saab
    salesman - priceless :-D

    Guy
    ===

  6. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

  7. Stephen \

    Stephen \ Guest

    "Richard Bates" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > What started as a romantic conversation with my fiancee developed into a conversation about James
    > Bond riding a bicycle. (Don't ask how we drifted onto this topic, or indeed what the original
    > topic was).
    >
    > Anyway, we were trying to decide what bike he would ride, and what gadgets he would have from
    > Q branch.
    >
    > Flame throwing pump anyone? Rubber solution that allows you to walk up walls?
    > --
    He'd definitely have the "spike in the seatpost" anti-theft device or maybe an "ejector saddle".

  8. Seamus

    Seamus New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2003
  9. "Stephen \(aka steford\)" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    > He'd definitely have the "spike in the seatpost" anti-theft device

    The pared-down, extra-light version of the Selle Italia SLR saddle has much the same effect (ouch)
    ;-) As far as 007's bike gadgets go, the Campag Record group with its multitude of carbon bits would
    be appropriate, especially next year's version with its all-electric gear shifting.

    David E. Belcher

    Dept. of Chemistry, University of York

  10. Jim Price

    Jim Price Guest

    Richard Bates wrote:
    > What started as a romantic conversation with my fiancee developed into a conversation about James
    > Bond riding a bicycle. (Don't ask how we drifted onto this topic, or indeed what the original
    > topic was).
    >
    > Anyway, we were trying to decide what bike he would ride, and what gadgets he would have from
    > Q branch.

    In these days of product placement, he may be forced to ride a BMW bicycle, but if not, then I
    suppose it would have to be a Bergwerk Moonraker:
    http://www.bike-sport-news.de/tests/bergwerk_moonraker.html

    --
    Jim Price

    http://www.jimprice.dsl.pipex.com