If James Bond 007 Rode a Bicycle

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Richard Bates

What started as a romantic conversation with my fiancee developed into a conversation about James
Bond riding a bicycle. (Don't ask how we drifted onto this topic, or indeed what the original
topic was).

Anyway, we were trying to decide what bike he would ride, and what gadgets he would have
from Q branch.

Flame throwing pump anyone? Rubber solution that allows you to walk up walls?
--
Two fish suddenly swim into a brick wall. Damn! To reply put only the word "richard" before
the @ sign

Richard Bates must be edykated coz e writed:

> What started as a romantic conversation with my fiancee developed into a conversation about James
> Bond riding a bicycle. (Don't ask how we drifted onto this topic, or indeed what the original
> topic was).
>
> Anyway, we were trying to decide what bike he would ride, and what gadgets he would have from
> Q branch.
>
> Flame throwing pump anyone? Rubber solution that allows you to walk up walls?

A fast recumbent of course, maybe the M5 carbon racer.

Ian

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 21:06:26 +0100, Richard Bates
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Flame throwing pump anyone? Rubber solution that allows you to walk up walls?

Nah - just a bibshort ballista which fires superglue-coated bibshorts at the baddies. The Paving
Slab Fairy will do the rest :)

Guy
===
** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony. http://www.chapmancentral.com Advance
notice: ADSL service in process of transfer to a new ISP. Obviously there will be a week of downtime
between the engineer removing the BT service and the same engineer connecting the same equipment on
the same line in the same exchange and billing it to the new ISP.

>Nah - just a bibshort ballista which fires superglue-coated bibshorts at the baddies. The Paving
>Slab Fairy will do the rest :)

Only if the JB in question is Timothy Dalton ... Drooooooooooool....

Cheers, the PSF

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email Mail sent to it is dumped My correct one can be gleaned from
h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$**o$l.c$$*o$*m*$ by getting rid of the
overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

On 23 Jun 2003 20:43:06 GMT, [email protected] (wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX) wrote:

>Only if the JB in question is Timothy Dalton

The Mancunian Bond from the age of politcal correctness. A shame - he is a very very good actor. I
loved Hawks especially. How can you make a film that funny about cancer? Geoffrey Palmer as the Saab
salesman - priceless :-D

Guy
===
** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony. http://www.chapmancentral.com Advance
notice: ADSL service in process of transfer to a new ISP. Obviously there will be a week of downtime
between the engineer removing the BT service and the same engineer connecting the same equipment on
the same line in the same exchange and billing it to the new ISP.

"Richard Bates" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> What started as a romantic conversation with my fiancee developed into a conversation about James
> Bond riding a bicycle. (Don't ask how we drifted onto this topic, or indeed what the original
> topic was).
>
> Anyway, we were trying to decide what bike he would ride, and what gadgets he would have from
> Q branch.
>
> Flame throwing pump anyone? Rubber solution that allows you to walk up walls?
> --
He'd definitely have the "spike in the seatpost" anti-theft device or maybe an "ejector saddle".

"Stephen \(aka steford\)" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
>
> He'd definitely have the "spike in the seatpost" anti-theft device

The pared-down, extra-light version of the Selle Italia SLR saddle has much the same effect (ouch)
;-) As far as 007's bike gadgets go, the Campag Record group with its multitude of carbon bits would
be appropriate, especially next year's version with its all-electric gear shifting.

David E. Belcher

Dept. of Chemistry, University of York

Richard Bates wrote:
> topic was).
>
> Q branch.

In these days of product placement, he may be forced to ride a BMW bicycle, but if not, then I
suppose it would have to be a Bergwerk Moonraker:
http://www.bike-sport-news.de/tests/bergwerk_moonraker.html

--
Jim Price

http://www.jimprice.dsl.pipex.com

Conscientious objection is hard work in an economic war.

Aye!.

Status
Not open for further replies.