"Howard Kveck" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:In article <[email hidden]>,
Pistof said:"Casey Kerrigan" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:You do understand that some of the drugs being taken can't be tested
for yet.
Why is that. Is it because they are so new that testing methods are
still
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:being developed. I can't imagine that more than a month or two would be
needed, right?
Well, there is a test now for EPO, but it will only detect it in the
test subject a few days after the EPO has been taken. But the benefits of
the EPO appear (and stay much) later. As for the time needed to develop
the
Quoted message said:tests, consider that they have been trying to come up wth a test for EPO
for years.
But wouldn't a high hematocrit be an indicator? If you come from a low
lying country like Belgium and have a hematocrit just under 50% that has got
to look suspicious. The way I understand it, hematocrits this high are
very, very odd.
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:If the substances are not known about then they wouldn't necessarily be
banned, right? It would seem hard to ban a substance when you don't
know
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:it exists.
True, but that won't stop people from using the substance.
Then they would not be cheating.
But this is besides the point. I am trying to understand why some people
think Lance must be doping. He has recently cleared the waters on this
issue. He has {finally} said in no uncertain terms that he has not doped.
Also, he has never failed a test. I know that there are no guarantees, but
until there is hard evidence that he is doping, wouldn't assuming that he is
clean be the fair thing to do?
I find it hard to believe that 30-95% of the division I teams are doping.
That is a large number of people and we would be seeing far more busts than
we are, it would seem. This many people can not keep a secret.
Dave