If money were no object........

"dannyfrankszzz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Right then, I was wondering what cycling products people would purchase if money were not such
> an object.
>
> I know brands such as Assos, Pearl Izumi are popular when it comes to clothing and as for bikes
> themselves Cannondale, Pinarello, Colnago, Litespeed are right up there.

I'm happy with the bikes I've got, but I would love to have a 'bent of some description.....possibly
a trike 'bent.... I'd also like to move to New Zealand for a while. Believe they've got some awesome
roads and downhills. Then maybe try other places around the globe....and beyond ?!...first to cycle
on the moon. Imagine it, virtually no gravity gotta be fun, not just for getting speed up, but drop
offs to die for. Dave.

elyob wrote:

> A big house to keep everything in .... and probably a porsche too.

You can't keep everything in a Porsche. That's why they have these silly pop-up luggage racks on
the back...

Pete.

http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

Peter Clinch <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> a good XC MTB, though I don't know enough about MTBs to select a specific model or make.

A Colnago Ferrari would have considerable pose value. Not sure how good it really is as an actual
MTB though.

--
Dave...

dannyfrankszzz wrote:
> Right then, I was wondering what cycling products people would purchase if money were not such
> an object.

A pro cycling team; and a tandem with a condition of the pros contract that they have to be my
stoker as part of their training.

--
Chris dot Gerhard at btclick dot com.

On 02/05/2003, Simon Connell spottled in message
<[email protected]>:

> The thing is I get on better with my Gary Fisher's geometry than anything else I've ever ridden,
> so I'd have to get a Seven Sola Ti with the same geometry. Parts list would probably be XTR
> mechs/shifters/chain/cassette, Monkeylite bars, USE carbon post, Flite TT, Avid Ultimate levers/
> Arch Supreme brakes, SID carbon fork, DMR V12 Mag/Ti pedals, Race Face Next LP chainset (unless
> MOrati make theirs in splined yet) and BB, Chris King headset and hubs laced with DT Ti/MMC to
> Mavic 517 Ceramics and a Seven Ti stem to top it all off. It's the sort of spec I'm trying to
> achieve one bit at a time on my current bike. Simon

You're going to hate me for this but I've got a Seven - but not a Sola. It's nice. Very, very nice.
Light, responsive and quick. A beauty to ride, in fact. And it's mine, all mine I tell you...
Muahhahahahahahahahahahah....

That's not to say it couldn't use a Ti BB and an Mg stem, though...
--
| Julian Barkway, |"In the US, irony is a mark left on your clothes by | Zurich, | a bad laundry
| service." - David Kennedy | Switzerland +------------------+---------------------------------+
| [email protected] | (Hint: Capitals are out...) |

> In news:[email protected], Stan Cox <[email protected]> typed:
> >

> > Colnago to which he has fixed a rear rack. Couldnt say which model but it looks like a steel
> > frame. All the best.
> >

> Money no object? How about fitting a C40 out with rack, mudguards, dynamo lighting etc and turning
> up to watch at the local roadie races start?
Just
> because you can ;-)
>
> Tony
Tony You have it the wrong way around. I always wanted to arrive at a race in a Ferrari Testarossa
with my bike on a roof rack. Now that would get people.

Stan Cox

In news:[email protected], Stan Cox <[email protected]> typed:

> Tony You have it the wrong way around. I always wanted to arrive at a race in a Ferrari Testarossa
> with my bike on a roof rack. Now that would get people.

Not at all, the Ferrari tows the caravan while mudguards, panniers and dynamo go on the
expensive road bike

Tony

--
http://www.raven-family.com

"dannyfrankszzz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Right then, I was wondering what cycling products people would purchase if money were not such
> an object.
>
> I know brands such as Assos, Pearl Izumi are popular when it comes to clothing and as for bikes
> themselves Cannondale, Pinarello, Colnago, Litespeed are right up there.

Top class hookers allowed?

12 months ago I would have said a Trek OCLV with Dura-Ace kit, Mavis-Miriam wheels (or whatever they
are called) but now I don't really want another bike, my Ultegra-Merckx is just fine. Already got
more bikes than I *need*

Maybe I'd buy some hi-tech clothing that claims to keep me cool & dry in the rain ! or
some £29 tyres

On Fri, 02 May 2003 18:14:08 GMT, "elyob" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Top class hookers allowed?

Only if they bicycle, bicycle, bicycle, bicycle race - ring, ring. Jazz, nice!

I'd plump (literally in my case) for a nice hard tail, perhaps a nicer road bike and a tourer sort
of thing. However, I do have a strange yearning to head to the dark side if only to see how quickly
I'd fall off.

Naturally, the first few thousand quid of my imagined lottery win would be spent on
ovofubegf and gnyp.

James

--
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/c.butty/Larrau.jpg

Stan Cox wrote:

> You have it the wrong way around. I always wanted to arrive at a race i=
n a
> Ferrari Testarossa with my bike on a roof rack. Now that would get peop=
le.

A pal with a Lotus Elise asked Lotus if they did a kayak rack for it.=20 They thought he was taking
the ****! But they did offer him a titanium=20 ski rack, a snip at =A3800!

(though I'm not exactly up on matters Ferrari, IIRC the Testarossa is=20 considered a bit second
best these days...)

Pete. --=20 Peter Clinch University of Dundee Tel 44 1382 660111 ext. 33637 Medical Physics,
Ninewells Hospital Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK net [email protected]
http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/