if my legs feel recovered, does that necessarily mean they are?

Fat Hack

Nov 18, 2003
sometimes, after a moderately hard day (not much anaeorbic stuff, just hard time-trial type efforts), when I get the recovery meals and drinks 'correct', my legs feels quite fresh the next day

Does this mean I'm ok to go hammering again, or would it be best to just spin?

Yeah, I've noticed the same thing after doing some climbing intervals this week, but then I thought maybe I'm not going hard enough...

Well if you're energized again and your legs are not aching then I guess your fine and you can exercise and do cycling again.

Well I like to premise all my medical advice by saying I’m obviously not a trained medical professional by any means, but I’d like to think there are a lot of situations where simple common sense applies. I think that if your body is feeling alright, then that’s most likely a sign that you haven’t been overtraining. Typically, if I’ve accidentally over trained, my muscles—whether they’re my arms or my legs—will either be extremely sore or simply not operating at optimal capacity. If you have the ability to cycle as hard as you used to, then you’re probably good.

In most cases, how your body feels indicate if the muscles are recovered or not, but it's best when they feel that way even when applying pressure.

I have posted in another discussion about stamina and pacing that you should learn how to observe your physical capability and capacity. When you feel that your body is strong then why not use the strength? However, I still adhere to the rule that you give your body a rest on the day when you have abused it today. That means when you ride for a long distance today then don’t plan to ride heavily again tomorrow.

I have posted in another discussion about stamina and pacing that you should learn how to observe your physical capability and capacity. When you feel that your body is strong then why not use the strength? However, I still adhere to the rule that you give your body a rest on the day when you have abused it today. That means when you ride for a long distance today then don’t plan to ride heavily again tomorrow.

This is good advice. I think many riders still abuse their bodies. So give it some time to rest. It will also enhance your performance in the next few days..

Reactions: Corzhens
Hey, totally agree! Rest is crucial for optimal performance. Don't underestimate its power. Keep those engines fresh and you'll fly in the coming days!