If only one trip, where would you go?

"Pat" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Here's the situation: we can go on an overseas trip for extremely low air
> fare because my son works for a major airlines. However, this all is
> going
> to change October 1. What the changes will be, we don't exactly know, but
> we
> expect the price to jump quite a bit and there may be other restrictions
> as
> well. So, my question is, if you had a couple of weeks to go somewhere on
> cycling trip in September, where would you go?
>
> We had planned to go to Ireland, but now we are speculating about Greece
> (mainly because we've been to Ireland twice---but on car trips). And then,
> maybe a trip to one of the former Yugoslavian countries would be a good
> idea. I don't care about the heat, because we are both acclimated to the
> summer heat here in Texas. We will be taking the Bike Friday Pocket Gnus
> on
> the trip and possibly will take a tent and a couple of sleeping bags--but
> no
> cooking gear.
>
> thanks,
>
> Pat in TX

I've done a tour of the southern islands in Croatia -- absolutely beautiful.
We stayed on a boat and cycled during the day. The group I went with is
http://www.island-hopping.de/. They are a German company, but they do
English as well, and I highly recommend both them and the tour. They only do
the tour in Spring and Fall, because high summer is too hot. If you do it,
combine it with a trip to Dubrovnik -- you can't miss it if you're that
close. Feel free to write with questions.

Sarah

:
: I've done a tour of the southern islands in Croatia -- absolutely
beautiful.
: We stayed on a boat and cycled during the day. The group I went with is
: http://www.island-hopping.de/. They are a German company, but they do
: English as well, and I highly recommend both them and the tour. They only
do
: the tour in Spring and Fall, because high summer is too hot. If you do it,
: combine it with a trip to Dubrovnik -- you can't miss it if you're that
: close. Feel free to write with questions.
:
: Sarah
:
I haven't looked into tour companies mainly because they want to integrate
the air fare in the tour.

thanks for the recommendation.

Pat in TX
: