If that's what they did to kittens...

probably the only form of 'enemy' the Oz army could overpowe

Our tax dollars at work

-

flyingdutch wrote:

> probably the only form of 'enemy' the Oz army could overpower

Sigh. It is worrying.
I've met a trickle of would-be soliders over the decades. Similar
outlook and intelligence to the townsville ones.

Although it doesn't seem much better higher up.
Why are they not considering bringing back the bicycle platoon?
Light wieght, mobile, able to cross all sorts of terrain and carry a
multitude of weapons on their bicycles of trailer.

We could cut defence spending and solve unemployment overnight {:).

cfsmtb wrote:
> Dr Hugh Wirth

He is my local Vet. Scary fellow

always go in there cap-in-hand as he 'boooms' at you or give you sermon-from-the
mount type lecture on why your moggy is so fat! (hey, my cat's addicte
to Kangaroo meat!

-

Freds no troll, just another angry member of the public totally sha
with the behaviour of a couple of goons up north. Probably inappropriat
to post this to CF/aus.bicycle but....

Lucky these blokes don't live in Vic, if they did, it would be a no
holds race between Dr Hugh Wirth and yours truly who who get the
first. :mad

-

DRS wrote:

> Please do not feed the troll.

Meow.

And please feel free to run the troll over with a 4wd, and pour kerosene
over any survivors and set them alight.

***

flyingdutch wrote:
> cfsmtb wrote:
> > Dr Hugh Wirth

> He is my local Vet. Scary fellow.
>
> always go in there cap-in-hand as he 'boooms' at you or give you sermon-from-the-
> mount type lecture on why your moggy is so fat! (hey, my cat's addicted
> to Kangaroo meat!)
>

> --

He was our vet at one point years ago, when I was a kid.

We (I) decided we would adopt a stray cat that ventured into our garden.
Hugh Wirth gave my Dad a real serve about the bad condition the cat was
in, until my Dad explained that her bad condition was the reason we
rescued her and brought her to him.

I agree with his ideals, but I think he could do with some personal
skills :)

--
Nick

"cfsmtb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Freds no troll, just another angry member of the public totally shat
> with the behaviour of a couple of goons up north. Probably
> inappropriate to post this to CF/aus.bicycle but.....

Yes, it is. There are over 40,000 news groups. Posting that sort of thing
in this one is trolling, pure and simple.

--

A: Top-posters.

"cfsmtb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Drs wrote:
> > Yes, it is. There are over 40,000 news groups. Posting that sort

> of > thing in this one is trolling, pure and simple.
>
> Hmm, short memory, <http://tinyurl.com/2uwev>
> <http://www.cyclingforums.com/t100763.html>

Your point, caller?

--

A: Top-posters.

On Thu, 13 May 2004 22:01:06 -0700, Friedrich Niemann
<[email protected]> wrote:

>DRS wrote:
>
>> "cfsmtb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]

>>> of > thing in this one is trolling, pure and simple.
>>>
>>>Hmm, short memory, <http://tinyurl.com/2uwev>
>>><http://www.cyclingforums.com/t100763.html>

>> Your point, caller?
>>

>My point is that ordinary people like you and me will do bad, wrong
>things to other ordinary people (or kittens) like you and me, if they
>(ie: we) think they can get away with it.

Well not really; I could get away with dragging a cat along a bitumen
road if I did it at night; but thats stupid and disgusting. Thats
what ethics are all about :)

DRS wrote:

> "cfsmtb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>
>>Drs wrote:
>> > Yes, it is. There are over 40,000 news groups. Posting that sort

>> of > thing in this one is trolling, pure and simple.
>>
>>Hmm, short memory, <http://tinyurl.com/2uwev>
>><http://www.cyclingforums.com/t100763.html>

> Your point, caller?

My point is that ordinary people like you and me will do bad, wrong
things to other ordinary people (or kittens) like you and me, if they
(ie: we) think they can get away with it.

So: what could we do about this?

Choice is, in short, between: general education to be ethical humans; or
individual reform(if possible)/punishment.

I think encouraging people to ride bicycles might be a part of the first
choice, for too many (troll!!!) reasons to mention here.

***
fr-ethical-d k

ps: I inadvertently rode my bike over a cat, once. I was momentarily
really sad and upset, until I saw it wasn't apparently hurt at all -
like how they can squeeze under doors, and so on - and it yikes off a
little while, then big hsssssssssssss'd at me. Go cats.

"Friedrich Niemann" wrote

> My point is that ordinary people like you and me will do bad, wrong
> things to other ordinary people (or kittens) like you and me, if they
> (ie: we) think they can get away with it.

You maybe, me no, nor would any of the people I call my friends.

Theo