If 'Valv. (Piti)' wins this Vuelta

thecyclist said:
Should there be an asterisk next to his win?

Do you think it is possible that ANYONE who wins the Vuelta will be clean?

Might as well put an asterisk next to most of the riders in the race.

tcklyde said:

Might as well put an asterisk next to most of the riders in the race.

Or easier still would be to put an asterisk next to the clean riders.

tcklyde said:
It is not necessarily because he is doping, but because he received speciel treatment from the spanish authorities. If Basso and Ullrich were also allowed to keep racing despite their involvement in puerto, they would have beaten him easily.

thecyclist said:
It is not necessarily because he is doping, but because he received speciel treatment from the spanish authorities. If Basso and Ullrich were also allowed to keep racing despite their involvement in puerto, they would have beaten him easily.
Yes, finally someone sees the light.
No one sprints past Lance on a mountain top finish (Valv on Courch) without extra help.

And the corollary to this finding that the Spanish are favoring Valverde would be the converse, why Tyler's diary is pulished on the internet but Basso and Jan may walk.

SNAFU

bobke said:
No one sprints past Lance on a mountain top finish (Valv on Courch) without extra help.
Huh? Armstrong is not exactly a sprinter, and Valverde, just like Cunego, is pretty much unbeatable in an uphill sprint. Besides, everyone knows that Armstrong was on twice as much gear as everyone else and retroactive testing proved it.

bobke said:
And the corollary to this finding that the Spanish are favoring Valverde would be the converse, why Tyler's diary is pulished on the internet but Basso and Jan may walk.
Everyone will walk with the exception of Hamilton, who the UCI just wants to stick it to, and possibly the athletes who were video taped.

thecyclist said:
i doubt that. there were more spanish riders implicated than any other nationality. besides, if they were so concerned with covering up doping why perform the investigation at all? that would seem like a really bad game plan.

Ahhh, thecyclist has turned his obsession to another target. Tired of waging your bullshirt war against Disco and not getting the responses you want?

Bro Deal- Read his post again and engage the humor part of your brain it may not be comedy gold, but it was clearly humor.

Maison said:
Ahhh, thecyclist has turned his obsession to another target. Tired of waging your bullshirt war against Disco and not getting the responses you want?
No this is an old thread from last year. It is relevant again after Contadoper, Discovery and the spanish goverment executed the greatest swindle in sporting history.

thecyclist said:
No this is an old thread from last year. It is relevant again after Contadoper, Discovery and the spanish goverment executed the greatest swindle in sporting history.
Oh, so you bumped it because your incessant and obsessive whining wasn't getting enough attention. Thanks for explaining. Carry on.

thecyclist said:
So Piti didn't win. But there should be an asterisk next to Contadoper's TDF "win".
Gawd, you're still on this.? :rolleyes: Why don't you give the kid a break !

-

I can see there is a lot of Discovery fans here. Of course it's no big deal to you guys, you are used to seing the 7 time tour de france cheater Lance Armstrong swindle everyone.

thecyclist said:
I can see there is a lot of Discovery fans here.

More Trolls than cycling fans here. I wonder if there are more cycling fans than Trolls on the Troll forums.

lw

Maison said:
House :edited for posting using name Maison
Not another discovery/USPS defender. Most people without blinkered views know all about what went on at that team. My gripe is that they seemed to have got away with it where as most if not all of the big GC riders of the past decade got caught.

NJK said:
Not another discovery/USPS defender. Most people without blinkered views know all about what went on at that team. My gripe is that they seemed to have got away with it where as most if not all of the big GC riders of the past decade got caught.
Back to the topic...My impression is that Valv Piti knew that he was being targetted by the testers and didn't entertain certain illicit methods that he might have for last year's Tour had he not crashed out. He might take a shot at the Vuelta (now that Vino is gone) thinking that Unipublic won't be as hard on him as ASO were - problem being it is the UCI who are/were targetting him. At this rate he's the Blank Bullet and not the Green Bullet and he's only ever going to get back to winning ways until he's racing clean against clean.

Rolfrae said:
Back to the topic...My impression is that Valv Piti knew that he was being targetted by the testers and didn't entertain certain illicit methods that he might have for last year's Tour had he not crashed out. He might take a shot at the Vuelta (now that Vino is gone) thinking that Unipublic won't be as hard on him as ASO were - problem being it is the UCI who are/were targetting him. At this rate he's the Blank Bullet and not the Green Bullet and he's only ever going to get back to winning ways until he's racing clean against clean.
Agree, this is why the racing has been so erratic. One good day followed an average day. It is another reason to think positive about the future of the sport no matter what the tabloid media might say.