If you are caught short !

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by rooman, Apr 9, 2006.

  1. rooman

    rooman New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2005
    Messages:
    1,167
    What a gem...probably well known to many but just had to put this up..if you are out riding and get caught short...this could save you from scaring small animals and little old ladies :) ( providing your Blackberry works or you have planned ahead with a bit of research

    http://www.toiletmap.gov.au/default.aspx

    PS funny how many of these have the best views...

    best seat in the house perhaps ?

    Tags:

  2. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
    Should email a site suggestion & get the image altered from car to either a ped or cyclist. :p

  3. Gemma_k

    Gemma_k Guest

  4. Bleve

    Bleve Guest

    rooman wrote:
    > What a gem...probably well known to many but just had to put this up..if
    > you are out riding and get caught short...this could save you from
    > scaring small animals and little old ladies :) ( providing your
    > Blackberry works or you have planned ahead with a bit of research
    >
    > http://www.toiletmap.gov.au/default.aspx
    >
    > PS funny how many of these have the best views...

    The dunny near Mueller hut in the Mt Cook national park in NZ is ..
    amazing ... that must be the best view in the world!

    Timely advice re toilets, CCCC have just changed their toilet policy :

    2) It has come to the attention of the committee that a number of
    riders are failing to use the toilets provided at both Glenvale and
    Sandown. This behaviour will not be tolerated, and we are concerned
    that the current $50 fine is not sufficient deterrent. The committee
    has therefore decided that in future a $100 fine combined with 1 months
    suspension from all racing will be applied for all future
    indiscretions.

  5. "rooman" wrote:

    > http://www.toiletmap.gov.au/default.aspx
    >
    > PS funny how many of these have the best views...

    A search pulls up Macalister Springs listing 5 loos nearby, but they don't
    list the loo at Vallejo Gantner Hut with its spectacular view of the
    mountains. :-(

    --
    Cheers
    Peter

    ~~~ ~ [email protected]
    ~~ ~ _- \,
    ~~ (*)/ (*)

  6. rooman

    rooman New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2005
    Messages:
    1,167
    nor the Autoloo in Bayside at Balcombe Rd, Seaview (which is no where near the sea) with its fabulous view of a fruit shop & the fish&Chippery..

    guess like many Govt thingy's its only as up to date as the Minister's recollection....hmmm now who is the Minister for Loo's anyway?

    None other than the Minister for Bikes, Health and Ageing, oft seen in lycra around the hills of Bancerra...Dr Tony himself...nice to see he has this very important adjunct to his portfolio...

  7. Ray

    Ray Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...

    > Timely advice re toilets, CCCC have just changed their toilet policy :
    >
    > 2) It has come to the attention of the committee that a number of
    > riders are failing to use the toilets provided at both Glenvale and
    > Sandown. This behaviour will not be tolerated, and we are concerned
    > that the current $50 fine is not sufficient deterrent. The committee
    > has therefore decided that in future a $100 fine combined with 1 months
    > suspension from all racing will be applied for all future
    > indiscretions.

    No Problems,

    just follow the incontinence links on the home page and away you go.

    Wherever you may be let the wee flow free :D

    Cheers Ray

  8. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    bit harsh considering there are only 2 for 100+ people all looking to start at the same time...

  9. Bleve

    Bleve Guest

    flyingdutch wrote:
    > Bleve Wrote:
    > >
    > > Timely advice re toilets, CCCC have just changed their toilet policy :
    > >
    > > 2) It has come to the attention of the committee that a number of
    > > riders are failing to use the toilets provided at both Glenvale and
    > > Sandown. This behaviour will not be tolerated, and we are concerned
    > > that the current $50 fine is not sufficient deterrent. The committee
    > > has therefore decided that in future a $100 fine combined with 1
    > > months
    > > suspension from all racing will be applied for all future
    > > indiscretions.

    > bit harsh considering there are only 2 for 100+ people all looking to
    > start at the same time...

    And just up the road there's a servo with a toilet too. If we get
    caught pissing in the grounds of factories, they complain to the
    council, and no more racing at Glenvale.

    At least CCCC provide toilets, HTWN doesn't bother :)

  10. craigster_jd

    craigster_jd New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2004
    According to the Event Management Plan, riders are supposed to be directed to use the toilets in the car park down the ramp, next to the Fairfield Boathouse. I'm pretty sure this is what happens if someone asks at the rego desk, rather than simply being pointed to the nearest bush!
    I'm always too nervous about snakes to go in the middle bit.

  11. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    we dont have residents/factories to contend with and are just feeding the shrubbery Nitrogen :D
    Perhaps said factories could open or supply loo's if they are so concerned :rolleyes:
    or better yet, not allow Buses to race in Cgrade!!!

  12. Bleve

    Bleve Guest

    flyingdutch wrote:
    > craigster_jd Wrote:
    > > According to the Event Management Plan, riders are supposed to be
    > > directed to use the toilets in the car park down the ramp, next to the
    > > Fairfield Boathouse. I'm pretty sure this is what happens if someone
    > > asks at the rego desk, rather than simply being pointed to the nearest
    > > bush!
    > > I'm always too nervous about snakes to go in the middle bit.

    > we dont have residents/factories to contend with and are just feeding
    > the shrubbery Nitrogen :D

    You may not be aware of this, but human piss isn't terribly good for
    plants :) You can get away with it at the Kew loop because numbers are
    low and there's no real locals to get annoyed about it. There's plenty
    of other things going on in the bushland there that is more
    controversial anyway.

    But, when you have 100+ people, toilet management does become an issue
    and I support CCCC's efforts to provide toilet facilities, and enforce
    their use.

    > Perhaps said factories could open or supply loo's if they are so
    > concerned :rolleyes:

    Why? Why should they have to let a bunch of people in to their
    workplaces, to stop said people from pissing on their plants and walls?
    If 100 people started pissing in your front garden every week would
    you be happy about it? If they pissed on your wall?

    It's very simple really... CCCC provides toilets, and they expect that
    riders use them. I really can't see the problem. There's rarely much
    of a queue that I've seen (and I've been racing there for a good few
    years now). A few dickheads who would prefer to risk the club's
    permission to use the course because they're too lazy or stupid to ride
    into the carpark and use the portadunnies deserve to get done for it if
    they get caught. All we have to do is use the provided toilets. It's
    not difficult ...

  13. SteveA

    SteveA New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2004
    Messages:
    1,309
    In Brisbane many years ago, there was a suburban cinema (the Boomerang at Annerley???) which only had one gents and one ladies convenience. In the days when double features were shown, there used to be a longish break in the middle of the program, during which time people had a 'comfort break'. There being only 1 toilet for the blokes, many of them lined up for a pee against the corrugated iron fence in the dark along the side of the cinema property. The firemen in the fire station next door got sick of the smell this left so they hooked up a generator to the iron fence. The next time the said theatre patrons relieved themselves against the tin fence.....wallop. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

    Far more effective in changing behaviour than a $100 fine I would think.

    SteveA

  14. In aus.bicycle on 9 Apr 2006 20:07:03 -0700
    Bleve <[email protected]> wrote:
    > years now). A few dickheads who would prefer to risk the club's
    > permission to use the course because they're too lazy or stupid to ride
    > into the carpark and use the portadunnies deserve to get done for it if
    > they get caught. All we have to do is use the provided toilets. It's
    > not difficult ...

    Well, if the sanctions don't work, hire some people with cameras.
    A web page and caption competitions should solve the problem.

    Zebee
    - who would be dying for a photo to use the "wardrobe with the key
    sitcking out" line

  15. TimC

    TimC Guest

    On 2006-04-10, SteveA (aka Bruce)
    > In Brisbane many years ago, there was a suburban cinema (the Boomerang
    > at Annerley???) which only had one gents and one ladies convenience. In
    > the days when double features were shown, there used to be a longish
    > break in the middle of the program, during which time people had a
    > 'comfort break'. There being only 1 toilet for the blokes, many of them
    > lined up for a pee against the corrugated iron fence in the dark along
    > the side of the cinema property. The firemen in the fire station next
    > door got sick of the smell this left so they hooked up a generator to
    > the iron fence. The next time the said theatre patrons relieved
    > themselves against the tin fence.....wallop. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
    >:eek:

    Damn, Bastardly!

    We just had Facilities & Services install an external light on one of
    our doorways. Why? Because we are just around the corner from a
    bogan pub, and the doorway was formerly a dark urinal sized cavity in
    the wall, and currently stinks of piss. Fscking drunks. Think it is
    clver to go banging on windows when they look inside and see someone
    working. Pity security are so useless.

    --
    TimC

  16. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    bahahhahahh

    love it! altho wouldnt want to experience it :rolleyes: