IF YOU ARE IN CHIROPRACTIC SCHOOL - DROP OUT!

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Chuck, Mar 2, 2004.

  1. Chuck

    Chuck Guest

    Do it now, before you take out any more loans.

    Tags:

  2. Debbee1023

    Debbee1023 Guest

    << Do it now, before you take out any more loans. >>

    That's an interesting statement. Do you dislike chiropractors?

    "If you're gonna walk on thin ice, you may as well dance." (Jessie Winchester).

  3. "DEBBEE1023" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > << Do it now, before you take out any more loans. >>
    >

    > That's an interesting statement. Do you dislike chiropractors?

    More likely he dislikes loans.

  4. "DEBBEE1023" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > << Do it now, before you take out any more loans. >>
    >

    > That's an interesting statement. Do you dislike chiropractors?

    More likely he dislikes loans.

  5. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    > Chuck Sperry: [IF YOU ARE IN CHIROPRACTIC SCHOOL - DROP OUT!] Do it now, before you take out any more loans.

    > > DEBBEE1023: That's an interesting statement. Do you dislike
    chiropractors?

    > >> Mark Probert: More likely he dislikes loans.

    No, it's probably not the money -- all things being equal, that is. In other words, there are
    usually loans involved whenever someone attends a professional program or goes to school to learn a
    trade, like "chiropractic."

    I would like to hear more about Chuck's experience and the nature of his complaint. Money doesn't
    seem to be the issue, per se. Some things you buy, you're glad to pay the fee. It's worth it to you.
    Others -- well, are worthless products and/or not worth the money to the consumer. Chuck may feel
    that "chiropractic" and/or his chiropractic education are somehow worthless.

    For me, I certainly got "my money's worth" out of chiropractic school. It was like having a free
    ticket to "Ripley's, Believe it or Not." You could hardly make-it-up this good.

    ~TEO.

  6. Anth

    Anth Guest

  7. news:[email protected]...
    > > Chuck Sperry: [IF YOU ARE IN CHIROPRACTIC SCHOOL - DROP OUT!] Do it now,
    before you take out any more loans.

    > > > DEBBEE1023: That's an interesting statement. Do you dislike
    > chiropractors?

    > No, it's probably not the money -- all things being equal, that is. In other words, there are
    > usually loans involved whenever someone attends a professional program or goes to school to learn
    > a trade, like "chiropractic."
    >
    > I would like to hear more about Chuck's experience and the nature of his complaint. Money doesn't
    > seem to be the issue, per se. Some things you buy, you're glad to pay the fee. It's worth it to
    > you. Others -- well, are worthless products and/or not worth the money to the consumer. Chuck may
    > feel that "chiropractic" and/or his chiropractic education are somehow worthless.
    >
    > For me, I certainly got "my money's worth" out of chiropractic school. It was like having a free
    > ticket to "Ripley's, Believe it or Not." You could hardly make-it-up this good.

    A free ticket? IIRC,the highest default student loan rate is for chiropractor school.

  8. Gymmy Bob

    Gymmy Bob Guest

  9. Ilsa9.1

    Ilsa9.1 Guest

    >news:[email protected]...
    >> > Chuck Sperry: [IF YOU ARE IN CHIROPRACTIC SCHOOL - DROP OUT!] Do it now,
    >before you take out any more loans.

    >> chiropractors?

    >> No, it's probably not the money -- all things being equal, that is. In other words, there are
    >> usually loans involved whenever someone attends a professional program or goes to school to learn
    >> a trade, like "chiropractic."
    >>
    >> I would like to hear more about Chuck's experience and the nature of his complaint. Money doesn't
    >> seem to be the issue, per se. Some things you buy, you're glad to pay the fee. It's worth it to
    >> you. Others -- well, are worthless products and/or not worth the money to the consumer. Chuck may
    >> feel that "chiropractic" and/or his chiropractic education are somehow worthless.
    >>
    >> For me, I certainly got "my money's worth" out of chiropractic school. It was like having a free
    >> ticket to "Ripley's, Believe it or Not." You could hardly make-it-up this good.
    >
    >A free ticket? IIRC,the highest default student loan rate is for chiropractor school.

    Yes, that is true, with Atlas' alma mater leading the way!

    However, the very title of the thread does show a prejudice against Chiropractors. It tells them to
    drop out and the part about student loans is just icing on the cake.

    Chiropractic does have its place, but its theoretical underpinnings are whacky.

  10. Mdd

    Mdd Guest

    news:[email protected]...
    > > Chuck Sperry: [IF YOU ARE IN CHIROPRACTIC SCHOOL - DROP OUT!] Do it now,
    before you take out any more loans.

    > > > DEBBEE1023: That's an interesting statement. Do you dislike
    > chiropractors?

    > No, it's probably not the money -- all things being equal, that is. In other words, there are
    > usually loans involved whenever someone attends a professional program or goes to school to learn
    > a trade, like "chiropractic."
    >
    > I would like to hear more about Chuck's experience and the nature of his complaint. Money doesn't
    > seem to be the issue, per se. Some things you buy, you're glad to pay the fee. It's worth it to
    > you. Others -- well, are worthless products and/or not worth the money to the consumer. Chuck may
    > feel that "chiropractic" and/or his chiropractic education are somehow worthless.
    >
    > For me, I certainly got "my money's worth" out of chiropractic school. It was like having a free
    > ticket to "Ripley's, Believe it or Not." You could hardly make-it-up this good.
    >
    > ~TEO.
    What school did you attend? How long did you attend? Who was the Dean? When did you attend? Did
    you attend?

  11. Mdd

    Mdd Guest

    news:[email protected]...
    > > Chuck Sperry: [IF YOU ARE IN CHIROPRACTIC SCHOOL - DROP OUT!] Do it now,
    before you take out any more loans.

    > > > DEBBEE1023: That's an interesting statement. Do you dislike
    > chiropractors?

    > No, it's probably not the money -- all things being equal, that is. In other words, there are
    > usually loans involved whenever someone attends a professional program or goes to school to learn
    > a trade, like "chiropractic."
    >
    > I would like to hear more about Chuck's experience and the nature of his complaint. Money doesn't
    > seem to be the issue, per se. Some things you buy, you're glad to pay the fee. It's worth it to
    > you. Others -- well, are worthless products and/or not worth the money to the consumer. Chuck may
    > feel that "chiropractic" and/or his chiropractic education are somehow worthless.
    >
    > For me, I certainly got "my money's worth" out of chiropractic school. It was like having a free
    > ticket to "Ripley's, Believe it or Not." You could hardly make-it-up this good.
    >
    > ~TEO.
    What school did you attend? How long did you attend? Who was the Dean? When did you attend? Did
    you attend?

  12. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    > mdd wrote: What school did you attend? How long did
    > you attend? Who was the Dean? When did you attend? Did
    > you attend?

    What's it to ya, really, "mdd." ;')

    No matter. Your questions (above) answered in order then:

    It was Life Chiropractic West, the program was four academic
    years (three calendar), you didn't specify "dean of what" in
    your question, it was from 1981 to 1984 (Orwellian, indeed)
    and yes, I did attend, graduate, and practice.

    If you want to learn more about my life as a chiropractor
    and actually talk about some of the issues, visit and read:

    http://www.pbs.org/saf/1210/hotline/hbedanes.htm

    If you have a broadband connection, click "watch online" and
    then view the segment of the show, "Adjusting the Joints."

    ~TEO.

  13. Mdd

    Mdd Guest

    news:[email protected]...
    > > mdd wrote: What school did you attend? How long did you
    > > attend? Who was the Dean?
    When did you attend? Did you attend?

    > What's it to ya, really, "mdd." ;')
    >
    > No matter. Your questions (above) answered in order then:
    >
    > It was Life Chiropractic West, the program was four
    > academic years (three calendar), you didn't specify "dean
    > of what" in your question, it was from 1981 to 1984
    > (Orwellian, indeed) and yes, I did attend, graduate, and
    > practice.
    >
    > If you want to learn more about my life as a
    > chiropractor and actually talk about some of the issues,
    > visit and read:
    >
    > http://www.pbs.org/saf/1210/hotline/hbedanes.htm
    >
    > If you have a broadband connection, click "watch online"
    > and then view the segment of the show, "Adjusting the
    > Joints."
    >
    > ~TEO.`````````````
    After reading your page, I think the problem is/was that you
    cannot DO Chiro or Acupuncture. You can learn all the points
    etc. But you do not have the "touch". So you go to something
    where you do not need touch, pharmacy. In other words, I
    think that you failed at the important part.The increase in
    money did not hurt either. How do you deal with having to
    talk to people ? You also sound like one of those spooks who
    gets a degree as cover.

  14. Michele

    Michele Guest

    "mdd" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

    > news:[email protected]...
    > > > mdd wrote: What school did you attend? How long did
    > > > you attend? Who was the Dean?
    > When did you attend? Did you attend?
    > >
    > > What's it to ya, really, "mdd." ;')
    > >
    > > No matter. Your questions (above) answered in
    > > order then:
    > >
    > > It was Life Chiropractic West, the program was four
    > > academic years (three calendar), you didn't specify
    > > "dean of what" in your question, it was from 1981 to
    > > 1984 (Orwellian, indeed) and yes, I did attend,
    > > graduate, and practice.
    > >
    > > If you want to learn more about my life as a
    > > chiropractor and actually talk about some of the issues,
    > > visit and read:
    > >
    > > http://www.pbs.org/saf/1210/hotline/hbedanes.htm
    > >
    > > If you have a broadband connection, click "watch online"
    > > and then view the segment of the show, "Adjusting the
    > > Joints."
    > >
    > > ~TEO.`````````````
    > After reading your page, I think the problem is/was that
    > you cannot DO Chiro or Acupuncture. You can learn all the
    > points etc. But you do not have the "touch". So you go to
    > something where you do not need touch, pharmacy. In other
    > words, I think that you failed at the important part.The
    > increase in money did not hurt either. How do you deal
    > with having to talk to people ? You also sound like one of
    > those spooks who gets a degree as cover.

    It sounds as if he was a practicing DC for 7 years. Is there
    a minimum required?

    The move to be a pharmacist would be logical for someone who
    wants precision & enjoys dealing with detail. The income may
    or may not have been a factor -- much depends on the area,
    especially as a DC.

    I think he simply didn't like being a DC.

  15. Mdd

    Mdd Guest

    news:[email protected]...

    ?
    > > You also sound like one of those spooks who gets a
    > > degree as cover.
    >

    > It sounds as if he was a practicing DC for 7 years. Is
    > there a minimum required?
    >
    > The move to be a pharmacist would be logical for someone
    > who wants precision & enjoys dealing with detail. The
    > income may or may not have been a factor -- much depends
    > on the area, especially as a DC.
    >
    > I think he simply didn't like being a DC.
    I think you are correct that he did not like being a DC. I
    wonder why? Chiropractic is a hands on skill. Some people
    cannot do well at such. Anyone may attend and learn massage.
    But some have the "touch". Some people should not be
    touching other folks. Who can explain why? It might be
    transferring "bad" energy, who knows. The fact is that some
    can and some cannot, no matter how much school they attend.
    As for 7 years, I wonder how many people he hurt or at least
    gave a bad impression of Chiropractic to in the 7 years it
    took for him to run out of new and uninformed patients.

  16. Michele

    Michele Guest

    "mdd" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Michele" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > "mdd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...

    > > > news:[email protected]...
    > Dean? When did you attend? Did you attend?

    > it

    > > > After reading your page, I think the problem is/was
    > > > that you cannot DO
    > Chiro
    > > > or Acupuncture. You can learn all the points etc. But
    > > > you do not have
    > the
    > > > "touch". So you go to something where you do not need
    > > > touch, pharmacy.
    > In
    > > > other words, I think that you failed at the important
    > > > part.The increase
    > in
    > > > money did not hurt either. How do you deal with having
    > > > to talk to people
    > ?
    > > > You also sound like one of those spooks who gets a
    > > > degree as cover.
    > >

    > > It sounds as if he was a practicing DC for 7 years. Is
    > > there a minimum required?
    > >
    > > The move to be a pharmacist would be logical for someone
    > > who wants precision & enjoys dealing with detail. The
    > > income may or may not have been a factor -- much depends
    > > on the area, especially as a DC.
    > >
    > > I think he simply didn't like being a DC.
    > I think you are correct that he did not like being a DC.
    > I wonder why? Chiropractic is a hands on skill. Some
    > people cannot do well at such. Anyone may attend and
    > learn massage. But some have the "touch". Some people
    > should not be touching other folks. Who can explain why?
    > It might be transferring "bad" energy, who knows. The
    > fact is that some can and some cannot, no matter how much
    > school they attend.

    Why does anyone switch occupations? Some do it for more
    money or better perks -- some find something that they enjoy
    more -- some find they've changed over the years & their
    career no longer fits their wants & needs -- some have to do
    something else after an injury or illness that made the
    career they left difficult or impossible to continue doing.
    Millions of people do it & no doubt many of them were good
    at their original work. (Of course, we could see the guy on
    next week's "America's Most Wanted" for something reeeeeally
    scary......<G>)

    > As for 7 years, I wonder how many people he hurt or at
    > least gave a bad impression of Chiropractic to in the 7
    > years it took for him to run out of new and uninformed
    > patients.

    If he graduated at the top of his class, I'm sure he was at
    the very least competent. After all, part of such training
    would have to include hands on work, right? And we always
    hear on this NG that the incidence of harm from chiropractic
    is extremely low.....

  17. Mdd

    Mdd Guest

    "Michele" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "mdd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > "Michele" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > "mdd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:<[email protected]>...

    > > Dean? When did you attend? Did you attend?

    question,
    > > it

    actually

    view

    DO
    > > Chiro
    have
    > > the
    pharmacy.
    > > In
    increase
    > > in
    people
    > > ?
    > > >

    > > > It sounds as if he was a practicing DC for 7 years. Is
    > > > there a minimum required?
    > > >
    > > > The move to be a pharmacist would be logical for
    > > > someone who wants precision & enjoys dealing with
    > > > detail. The income may or may not have been a factor
    > > > -- much depends on the area, especially as a DC.
    > > >
    > > > I think he simply didn't like being a DC.
    > > I think you are correct that he did not like being a DC.
    > > I wonder why? Chiropractic is a hands on skill. Some
    > > people cannot do well at such.
    Anyone
    > > may attend and learn massage. But some have the "touch".
    > > Some people
    should
    > > not be touching other folks. Who can explain why? It
    > > might be
    transferring
    > > "bad" energy, who knows. The fact is that some can and
    > > some cannot, no matter how much school they attend.
    >

    > Why does anyone switch occupations? Some do it for more
    > money or better perks -- some find something that they
    > enjoy more -- some find they've changed over the years &
    > their career no longer fits their wants & needs -- some
    > have to do something else after an injury or illness that
    > made the career they left difficult or impossible to
    > continue doing. Millions of people do it & no doubt many
    > of them were good at their original work. (Of course, we
    > could see the guy on next week's "America's Most Wanted"
    > for something reeeeeally scary......<G>)
    >
    > > As for 7 years, I wonder how many people he hurt or at
    > > least gave a bad impression of Chiropractic to in the 7
    years
    > > it took for him to run out of new and uninformed
    > > patients.
    >
    > If he graduated at the top of his class, I'm sure he was
    > at the very least competent.
    Might be a problem with the way things are "taught".

  18. Mdd

    Mdd Guest

    "Michele" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "mdd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > "Michele" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > "mdd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:<[email protected]>...

    > > Dean? When did you attend? Did you attend?

    question,
    > > it

    actually

    view

    DO
    > > Chiro
    have
    > > the
    pharmacy.
    > > In
    increase
    > > in
    people
    > > ?
    > > >

    > > > It sounds as if he was a practicing DC for 7 years. Is
    > > > there a minimum required?
    > > >
    > > > The move to be a pharmacist would be logical for
    > > > someone who wants precision & enjoys dealing with
    > > > detail. The income may or may not have been a factor
    > > > -- much depends on the area, especially as a DC.
    > > >
    > > > I think he simply didn't like being a DC.
    > > I think you are correct that he did not like being a DC.
    > > I wonder why? Chiropractic is a hands on skill. Some
    > > people cannot do well at such.
    Anyone
    > > may attend and learn massage. But some have the "touch".
    > > Some people
    should
    > > not be touching other folks. Who can explain why? It
    > > might be
    transferring
    > > "bad" energy, who knows. The fact is that some can and
    > > some cannot, no matter how much school they attend.
    >

    > Why does anyone switch occupations? Some do it for more
    > money or better perks -- some find something that they
    > enjoy more -- some find they've changed over the years &
    > their career no longer fits their wants & needs -- some
    > have to do something else after an injury or illness that
    > made the career they left difficult or impossible to
    > continue doing. Millions of people do it & no doubt many
    > of them were good at their original work. (Of course, we
    > could see the guy on next week's "America's Most Wanted"
    > for something reeeeeally scary......<G>)
    >
    > > As for 7 years, I wonder how many people he hurt or at
    > > least gave a bad impression of Chiropractic to in the 7
    years
    > > it took for him to run out of new and uninformed
    > > patients.
    >
    > If he graduated at the top of his class, I'm sure he was
    > at the very least competent.
    Might be a problem with the way things are "taught".

  19. Mdd

    Mdd Guest

    "Michele" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "mdd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > "Michele" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > "mdd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:<[email protected]>...

    > > Dean? When did you attend? Did you attend?

    question,
    > > it

    actually

    view

    DO
    > > Chiro
    have
    > > the
    pharmacy.
    > > In
    increase
    > > in
    people
    > > ?
    > > >

    > > > It sounds as if he was a practicing DC for 7 years. Is
    > > > there a minimum required?
    > > >
    > > > The move to be a pharmacist would be logical for
    > > > someone who wants precision & enjoys dealing with
    > > > detail. The income may or may not have been a factor
    > > > -- much depends on the area, especially as a DC.
    > > >
    > > > I think he simply didn't like being a DC.
    > > I think you are correct that he did not like being a DC.
    > > I wonder why? Chiropractic is a hands on skill. Some
    > > people cannot do well at such.
    Anyone
    > > may attend and learn massage. But some have the "touch".
    > > Some people
    should
    > > not be touching other folks. Who can explain why? It
    > > might be
    transferring
    > > "bad" energy, who knows. The fact is that some can and
    > > some cannot, no matter how much school they attend.
    >

    > Why does anyone switch occupations? Some do it for more
    > money or better perks -- some find something that they
    > enjoy more -- some find they've changed over the years &
    > their career no longer fits their wants & needs -- some
    > have to do something else after an injury or illness that
    > made the career they left difficult or impossible to
    > continue doing. Millions of people do it & no doubt many
    > of them were good at their original work. (Of course, we
    > could see the guy on next week's "America's Most Wanted"
    > for something reeeeeally scary......<G>)
    >
    > > As for 7 years, I wonder how many people he hurt or at
    > > least gave a bad impression of Chiropractic to in the 7
    years
    > > it took for him to run out of new and uninformed
    > > patients.
    >
    > If he graduated at the top of his class, I'm sure he was
    > at the very least competent.
    Might be a problem with the way things are "taught".

  20. Mdd

    Mdd Guest

    "Michele" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "mdd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > "Michele" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > "mdd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:<[email protected]>...

    > > Dean? When did you attend? Did you attend?

    question,
    > > it

    actually

    view