If You Bike At Night You Need A Light

pite

May 11, 2015
www.asiancyclexpress.com
The video game was based on the Walt Disney science fiction film Tron which was popular during those years, which also had light bikes. BM's video game had captured the market instantly and achieved more in terms of collection when compared to the movie in the initial week of its release itself. This targeted in the making of its sequel in the year 1983 titled as Discs of Tron, which was based on the movies disc action scene. This was not decent yet another version of the video game was released in the year 2003 titled as BM Tron 2.0, this was an advanced version of the series with new interface and the graphics was up to its point. Later the game was advanced further for the Xbox series in the year 2008.

Since January 2005, they have been building cycle models for the 4'10" to 6'5" riders. While the 5'10" is the basic model figure for which all kinds of the cycles are available, AEGIS is open to taking more orders and developing them. The carbon fiber cycle is still the best one available in the market, and scores over the metal bicycles available in the USA. Or the ones provided by the Chinese and Taiwanese companies, wherein they use less and less carbon and end up making beautiful bikes that ride like aluminum. If you want to ride a Carbon fiber bike, it would be best to be fit enough to ride one.

It is an indisputable fact that choosing any type of bicycle light is better than choosing nothing. However, choosing the led bicycle light can give plenty of advantages to the bikers, which are a serious precondition for minimizing the risk of accidents and injuries (in cases accidents happen).

Flash led lights are made of durable as well as strong ABS material. This type of bulbs, though a little expensive, is a good investment, since hardly a new replacement is needed. The ligth bicycle led batteries are available in two types. They are rechargeable AA batteries and dry AA batteries. In any case, only two AA batteries are sufficient to power a ligth bicycle led. The size of this type of lights is not too big and they are easily removable as well. The cyclists who have fixed ligth bicycle led do not need to carry extra torches with them while riding in darkness since their lights provide enough brightness to ride through any thick darkness.

Let's face it, pedaling away can get... BORING! Doesn't have to though. See, that's where a magnetic drive and some computer power comes in. Does the cheap bike have this? Maybe not, but the 231 is loaded with built-in routines to keep riding fun and fight boredom. You also get quiet with a mag drive. That way you can read, watch movies or listen to music while you pedal the pounds away... all right at home for no added cost.

Helmet Lights are required during night time when clear visibility is very essential for you and there are LED ligth bike available as well. There are some professional and serious reasons why bike LED lights are important. Cycling is very popular as it is inexpensive and with its popularity people have also realized the importance of the LED lights in them.

As we all know it is very rare to find bicycles coming with built-in lights. Thus anyhow we are going to fix the lights for the safety. So why not we go for LED bicycle lights that are safer compared to old halogen lights that add weight to this lightweight vehicle. There are two lights that must be used essentially to ensure a safe ride on the road. One is headlight for bicycle that will make the road ahead you visible. Another is the back light which must be in red color. Both of these lights come under LED bicycle lights. The back lights can be made flashy or blinking that would draw immediate attention.

Whether you are a professional cyclist, a weekend biker, a hard-core professional or just a plain biker, there are Bottecchia road bikes that would definitely fit your needs. You just have to choose the right bike type that would fit both your style and biking capacity. So in choosing a bike, choose the professionals choice. With Bottecchia road bikes, get more than just a road bike!

Reactions: lectraplayer
Yes! Lights are very important for night time rides. The last thing you need is some guy on the road hitting you with his car because it was too dark out. Of course, cars should have their headlights on too but you can't control how other people drive. The only thing you can control is yourself and how you ride. Riding with lights will make you visible for one thing. Lights also allow you to see in front of you so you don't accidentally trip or anything. Light are a great tool to have for night time riding.

Reflectors also help, and can add minimal weight while multiplying visability. ...so why not? With that said, though, a solid tail light and a flashing tail light are also important.

Reflectors are not all that useful, they only work if the car headlights and your bike is in the right position. Say what you scream? try this, drive your car down a street with lots of cars parallel parked at night and see how many of those cars reflectors bounce back at you like a beacon, and then notice how close you are before they become beacons. Be observant when you're out driving in your car and notice cyclists at night and see how well their reflectors work. Reflectors should only be used to supplement active lighting but not to rely on for your safety. Having said that do I use reflectors? yes, but I don't go out of my way to to make sure I have lots of that stuff on my bike. The reflectors that do use is ankle straps, the shoes came with them, the helmet came with them, my seat bag came with them, my jacket came with them, the only thing I bought that has reflective quality to it is a neon green mesh safety vest which I got more for the color not the reflective strapping that is on it.

Therefore I rely on active lighting, I have two front lights, when riding in well lit city streets I have the bar one on low steady and the helmet on high flashing, when on a county road or unlit bike paths I put both on steady with the helmet on high (I rarely put the bar light on high because it's just too bright). For the rear I use 3 tail lights, one is on the helmet, one is on the seat bag, and the other is on the seat post, the brightest one is on the seat bag and it remains steady at night and flash during the day if I'm on a street, the others are only flashing at night and off during the day.

The reason I use the flashing and steady mode is that obviously on the headlight the flash attracts attention and I can aim that one at car windshields or side windows, and the steady head light is to see the road with, easy enough. The rear though is a bit confusing, the reason why I have my brightest light on steady and others on flashing is because according to European studies flashing lights confuse motorists more and they can not ascertain their distance to you accurately, however according to American and Canadian studies, flashing light attracts motorists attention faster than steady. So I took it upon myself to use both to cover both studies.

My always-iffy sense of balance becomes wretchedly bad in darkness. I get really scared cycling at night no matter how powerful my lights are. So I make sure I am home before twilight. I have started to bike to work and mornings at that hour can be a little dark so I make sure that my one rear bike light is on and flashing. I have a backpack light from RoadID which I ought to use more, in flashing mode it is really good -- when it decides to flash, I mean. I will soon have a headlight, too, in case I'm somehow stuck outside after dark, but my firm rule right now is to get home well before sundown. I'm so busy, that is not too hard to do.

Bob

BobCochran said:
My always-iffy sense of balance becomes wretchedly bad in darkness. I get really scared cycling at night no matter how powerful my lights are. So I make sure I am home before twilight. I have started to bike to work and mornings at that hour can be a little dark so I make sure that my one rear bike light is on and flashing. I have a backpack light from RoadID which I ought to use more, in flashing mode it is really good -- when it decides to flash, I mean. I will soon have a headlight, too, in case I'm somehow stuck outside after dark, but my firm rule right now is to get home well before sundown. I'm so busy, that is not too hard to do.

Bob
Not sure why your balance becomes worse as darkness falls unless it's just due to plain fear there isn't any other reason I can think of beside night blindness. So if it's simply fear then ride more a night for short distances, like around the block for awhile to get use to the idea then slowly extend your time out. It's kind of like facing your fear and defeating it. Of course if you suffer from night blindness then there isn't much you can do except get a really bright light. But I think it's psychological because if it were night blindness you would have trouble driving a car a night.

This is so important. I have a few really cheap ($1) LED lights that come in a rubber housing that adjust to fit any spot on your bike and flash in thee modes. A few white ones for the front and a few red ones for the rear. They don't do a lot for my line of site but they ensure my visibility to motorists. At night I mostly ride on lit streets so I can still see where I am going. These lights can be picked up at local variety stores (at least here in Ontario.) So there is NO excuse for riding at night without lights.
I see youngsters on those BMX bikes with no lights, no reflectors and no helmets! Not cool.

I don't know why not every bike rider regards it as a priority to install some night lights on his/her bike, as well as reflectors, and last but not least, some form of reflectors on his/her clothes. I often have to ride my bike home from work late at night, and I don't know where I would be without my lights and reflectors... probably in the graveyard. The traffic here is very dangerous, especially at night, when all the big trucks are rolling down the main street, and you don't know how long the drivers have been without sleep.

I wish I could scream this from the rooftops. The amount of times I've seen people riding around at night without lights. The worst part is they are normally wearing dark clothes to begin with and you don't even see them fully until you're right with them. The only indication you get that there is a bike in front of you without lights is a little twinkling of light against the metal, or a little glint of a reflective strip on the pedal. It's seriously dangerouse, not only for themselves but other road users as well.

With how cheap lighting is these days I am seriously surprised why people don't have lights. Like the above poster said, you can pick-up LED lights for as cheap as a pound/doller in some places.

I stopped biking at night when there was an incident here in our village - a woman biker was hit by a vehicle. The reason was poor lighting and the biker was obviously not visible enough that dark night. But I have seen bikers with flashing lights in their tails and a pilot light in the helmet. They remind me of the electrical parade in Disneyland, hahahaaa.

Dora M said:
I don't know why not every bike rider regards it as a priority to install some night lights on his/her bike, as well as reflectors, and last but not least, some form of reflectors on his/her clothes. I often have to ride my bike home from work late at night, and I don't know where I would be without my lights and reflectors... probably in the graveyard. The traffic here is very dangerous, especially at night, when all the big trucks are rolling down the main street, and you don't know how long the drivers have been without sleep.
Graveyard? no! I'm old enough that we use to ride all the time with tiny ouput lights why? because they were all **** that resembled a candle lit behind a dark yellow lens or a dark red lens! If I was riding with those lights today and a modern person came buy with up to date lights you would probably never notice me, yet I survived as did all my friends, in fact of the people I knew that died or were hurt seriously in a crash involving a car all occurred in broad daylight!

I'm not saying to ride around with the cheapest dimmest lights, that would be absurd, but to inject fear into people by saying you need the brightest beacon on the planet to survive at night is equally absurd.

And if a trucker is rolling down the road sleeping, well guess what? they're going to hit you even if you have the brightest beacon on the planet attached to your bike, or even your car!!

To whine about knowing someone who got hit at night on their bike and now you're too scared to ride at night is just plain being fearful and or babyish, you've known and or heard of people who got hit and killed at night in their cars, does that mean you don't drive at night either? Give me a break.

Buying those $1 lights will increase your chance of survival so I don't understand why most people wouldn't buy one.

superbobby said:
Buying those $1 lights will increase your chance of survival so I don't understand why most people wouldn't buy one.
It really does baffle me too. Oh well, just gotta accept that some people are pretty foolish.

superbobby said:
If those lights are that cheap perhaps there should be an ordinance for the compulsory use of lights at night. Bikers will always be at risk of danger when they have no light. Actually even cars pose a risk to the road when they have no headlight or even tail light. Another danger is for the pedestrians who don't clearly see the biker without lights.

I am sort of confused about how you started out with video games. However, I do like your points about lighting. Personally, I am terrified about biking later at night due to the risk of being run over. If you don't have lights don't risk it, because the potential of going safely isn't worth the massive risk of awful consequences.

I'm all for blinking tail lights, it gets the vehicle you can't see's attention, but please don't use blinking headlights. They are too bright for this and the drivers will lose depth perception because of the flashes and not know how far away you are.

Yes I highly suggest you that you buy a couple reflectors for your bike, If not you may be risking your life.

A light or a reflector is definitely essential when riding at night... Especially, the lights on the back of the bicycle. The lights help the incoming vehicles see you from a distance away at night. So, it greatly helps to improve your safety when riding at night.

I love the lights that actually attach to the wheels and don't hamper the operation of the bicycle. They're LED lights, and I think a couple of companies produce such types of lights. I don't bike with lights, but you won't find me out at night that often riding around. I have plenty of reflective tape on my back, though. Lights make a difference, especially for frequent night riders. They could even save your life.