If you could be any bike part, what would you be and why?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Michael Dart, Mar 6, 2003.

  1. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    I was reading the 'Gearhead' section in Bike Mag March issue titled 'Professional Therapy'. They
    asked pros from different disciplines of mountain biking various questions including the subject of
    this thread and what was your first bike.

    Some answers to these questions stuck out at me from reading recent threads in this NG. -

    What is your one piece of must-have equipment?

    A full suspension bike. I hardly ever choose a hardtail over full suspension. I allows you to
    use less energy while riding faster over rough terrain. - Ned Overend XC racer.

    What do a lot of freeriders have on their bikes that they don't need?

    I think people have too much travel; [they should] learn technique before they ride [full
    suspension]. [If you] learn to ride on a hardtail first, you have to become efficient and
    smooth. Transferring skills from a hardtail to [full suspension] makes you a better rider. -
    Wade Simmons freerider

    Discuss and have a fine weekend, I'm going skiing in Utah.

    Mike - I'd be a bike frame, it makes the most difference in a bike.

    Tags:

  2. Michael Dart wrote:
    > .
    >
    > Mike - I'd be a bike frame, it makes the most difference in a bike.

    OK, I'll be the first to say this and get it over with. Someone has to, 'cause it WILL come out.

    I'd be a womens saddle. <G>

    Barry

  3. Jed Thompson

    Jed Thompson Guest

    > I'd be a womens saddle. <G>

    Dude, you would live under a sweaty woman's crotch. woof.

    --
    Jed Thompson [email protected]

  4. Chris

    Chris Guest

    > Mike - I'd be a bike frame, it makes the most difference in a bike.

    Since Barry beat me to the "Tara Llanes' saddle" remark, I'd have to say I'd be my rims. They're the
    only thing that ever goes out on me, that I don't want to fix on the trail (I'm not going to smack
    rocks against them, or wing 'em against trees), and if I were responsible for keeping myself true,
    it'd probably get done a lot better.

    Of course, riding smarter on XC racing rims would probably do the same thing, but the cleaner i do
    something, the less fun it seems. Hopefully I'll grow out of that nonsense.

    Chris

  5. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    "B a r r y B u r k e J r ." <"keep it in the newsgroup "@thankyou.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Michael Dart wrote:
    > > .
    > >
    > > Mike - I'd be a bike frame, it makes the most difference in a bike.
    >

    > OK, I'll be the first to say this and get it over with. Someone has to, 'cause it WILL come out.
    >
    > I'd be a womens saddle. <G>
    >
    > Barry

    Yeah, yeah......I'll be her chamois!
    --
    Slacker - that a bike part aint it

  6. John Harlow

    John Harlow Guest

    I imagine we should reserve "stem" for SBD... ;)

  7. Supabonbon

    Supabonbon Guest

    "Michael Dart" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I was reading the 'Gearhead' section in Bike Mag March issue titled 'Professional Therapy'. They
    > asked pros from different disciplines of mountain biking various questions including the subject
    > of this thread and what was your first bike.
    >
    > Some answers to these questions stuck out at me from reading recent threads in this NG. -
    >

    > Discuss and have a fine weekend, I'm going skiing in Utah.
    >
    > Mike - I'd be a bike frame, it makes the most difference in a bike.

    "I'm just a SPOKE in the WHEEL, I'm being FRAMED."
    - "Deny Everything", Circle Jerks

    /s I'm aware I didn't answer. If I was any bike part, on bad days feel very much like a ancient,
    worn Tioga Psycho III tire with frayed walls revealing a bulging tube. On good days, my rear Ringle
    Hub: smartly designed, stout, annoyingly loud, and annodized blue.

  8. L Hays

    L Hays Guest

    "supabonbon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Michael Dart" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > I was reading the 'Gearhead' section in Bike Mag March issue titled 'Professional Therapy'. They
    > > asked pros from different disciplines of mountain biking various questions including the subject
    > > of this thread
    and
    > > what was your first bike.
    > >
    > > Some answers to these questions stuck out at me from reading recent
    threads
    > > in this NG. -
    > >

    > > Discuss and have a fine weekend, I'm going skiing in Utah.
    > >
    > > Mike - I'd be a bike frame, it makes the most difference in a bike.
    >
    > "I'm just a SPOKE in the WHEEL, I'm being FRAMED."
    > - "Deny Everything", Circle Jerks
    >
    > /s I'm aware I didn't answer. If I was any bike part, on bad days feel very much like a ancient,
    > worn Tioga Psycho III tire with frayed walls revealing a bulging tube. On good days, my rear
    > Ringle Hub: smartly designed, stout, annoyingly loud, and annodized blue.

    I'd be a pesky Presta valve. They always seem to give people grief.

    Deny everything, deny everything.

    Lance