If you could live anywhere in the world...

Well I think for me... the perfect plan is to live winter and spring in Hawaii... summer in California (San Diego, my current home) and the other 3 months of fall in Thailand. I can't just live in one place forever. I have a gypsy soul. Also... A rolling stone gathers no moss.:rolleyes:

i would have three homes. One would be on the beach on the baja penninsula in Mexico. That would be when I needed sunshine in the middle of winter. The cycling is also very good there in spite of the crazy drivers. my second home would be slope side of the Corvatsch across the valley from St. Morritz, Switzerland. I would spend most of my witners there. Finally, the main home would be east of Seattle. The summers are perfect in the northwest and the cycling through the verdant valleys and up into the mountains is always fantastic once the rains stop.

somewhere not so windy, not so hot and not so cold, no volcanoes,
no landslides, no typhoons...somewhere peaceful

i think theres nothing like autumn morning rides when the sun is out but a chill in the air once your warmed up its better than summer when it can get to bloody hot and the scenery can be bland hoping to do a ride over the v as soon as next dry day starting in ballyporeen or clocheen wil have to find a loop back to starting point consult map first ...

slovakguy said:
isn't that the stuff that keeps the island all emeraldy?

Yip.

I'm sick of all this emeraldy!

On a serious note, I've an inlaw over here on holiday, at present, from Florida.
Apart from being gobsmacked at the sight of green grass, he cannot get to grips with the volume of rain here.
I warned him to pack a good umbrella before he travelled here!

He now understands the reason why so many people from this part of the world take their holidays in places like Florida.

Barcelona, Spain! i love Catalonia culture, and the weather is always wonderful. I took a tour with a friend of mine from Barcelona to Valencia on a motorcycle a couple years ago, and would love to do it with a proper bicycle now.

Scenery wise, it's righ by the Mediterranean, so just imagine a wonderful cycling trip going north to the south of France, maybe into Italy, or taking a ferry and continuing your journey around Greece. Would be nice to take a short plane ride into the Balkan areas and cycle around medieval landscapes.

Cost of living is likely expensive in the city's center b/c of tourism, but there are many apartment buildings with fluctuating prices, i'm sure.

As far as raising a family, it could be wonderful. it's a very eccentric city with art and literature history, and some of the most famous architectural structures (see: Antoni Gaudi). Lots for your children to be positively influenced by, and a trip around Spain as a kid was what fascinated me to learn the language and culture and to return many more times.

Drawbacks, 70% of my family lives in Southern California. i would dearly miss them, and not all them would be able to make the trip to Spain whenever they would like.