If you could only win one...

easyrider

Dec 6, 2002
If all of those dreams that we have while training alone for hours came true...and you could win either the Giro d'Italia OR the Vuelta a Espana, which would you rather win and why?

Or would you prefer to capture a classic? Paris-Roubaix perhaps?:confused:

Originally posted by RalleighOke
Personaly, I would go for the TDF. More glamour and lots of UCI points.:cool:

I'm not sure if this is correct or not, but I was surprised to see a difference in points for each tour, I've always thought they were the same :rolleyes:

BTW - I'd take a win in the TDF if you were handing them out :)

cheers!

:eek: How can anyone ride in this conditions?

Vo2, where do you get these pic's. I have been searching for some nice pictures but most sites I have visited takes ages to show them.

Originally posted by RalleighOke
:eek: How can anyone ride in this conditions?

Vo2, where do you get these pic's. I have been searching for some nice pictures but most sites I have visited takes ages to show them.

Take a look at http://www.cyclingnews.com its almost better than this website :D

Yeah, pity it's so small. Would've made an awesome wallpaper.

Come on guys! Take a stand. I excluded the TdF option because it is a gimme. A no-brainer. But TdF excluded, do you want the Giro or the Vuelta? Or perhaps Paris-Roubaix?

Personally, I'm going with Paris-Roubaix, but at 5'10" and 138 pounds, I don't think that it is really quite suited for me. (Not that any of them are, of course!)

That is a great picture of Paris-Roubaix, by the way. I love a rainy April in northern France!

My apologies easyrider. I'm just so fascinated by the TDF. Coming back to you question. I feel the Giro d'Italia must be one hell of experience. I think for me it will not even be a win but only to participate in it that will satisfy me..(Not saying a win will not be appreciated). Just think to wear the "Maglia Rosa" must bring so much pride to the rider. And not to keep the crowds out. My view is that the Italians must be one of the nations who probably are the best fans to have at such an event.

Vo2, steve, thanks for the info on the website. The pics are realy cool:cool:

There is only one race which is pure senstion.
There is only one race that can mess you up for several weeks in less than 7hrs time.
There's only one race where pro's consider walking part of it as an option.
There is only one race where lots of riders even when they are totally wasted keep riding even when know they will be far outside the time limit.
There's a race who actually gets better when there's rain, lots of wind and al the other freaky things of nature you can tink of. There's only one race where you have to make a tank of your bike and you still can wreck it totally.

Yes your right this beauty is the Hell of the north. The only true race.

I agree with you maarten.

Following are some Paris - Roubaix photo's:

the paris-roubaix dont you vo2, that would be an epic win also what about the kom in the tour de france and the world champ(you get to wear the jersey all year).