If you enjoy your freedom to use supplements ....

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Fred Mann, Jul 13, 2005.

  1. Fred Mann

    Fred Mann Guest

    "Bob (this one)"
    wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Fred Mann wrote:
    >
    > > then sign this petition to oppose CAFTA which will (unconstitutionally)
    > > place the supplement industry under international oversight and

    regulation.
    > > This will be voted on Tuesday or Wednesday, so take action

    immediately!!!
    > > http://action.downsizedc.org/wyc.php?cid=32

    > This kind of self-serving bullshit comes around ever few months. It's
    > always couched in terms of curtailing freedom of consumers when it's
    > really about finally getting some regulation on the peddlers of crappy
    > nostrums and untested drugs that can do serious harm.
    >
    > The supplement industry needs a good dose of science and testing.
    >
    > Pastorio

    It's really a shame to see this level of ignorance ... from a "skeptic", no
    less.
    First of all, remember that your beloved regulators, with a "good dose of
    science and testing", approved the deadly drug, Vioxx. More importantly, the
    FDA intentionally COVERED UP this "oversight" (see testimony of FDA
    whistleblower David Graham). The FDA, like all regulatory bodies, is bought
    and paid for by the respective industries they regulate.
    Secondly, CAFTA, with its support for Codex Alimentarius, is clearly
    unconstitutional. To quote Representative Ron Paul:

    The Constitution clearly grants
    Congress alone the authority to regulate
    international trade. The plain text of Article I,
    Section 8, Clause 3 is incontrovertible. Neither
    Congress nor the President can give this authority
    away by treaty, any more than they can repeal the
    First Amendment by treaty. This fundamental point,
    based on the plain meaning of the Constitution,
    cannot be overstated. Every member of Congress who
    votes for CAFTA is voting to abdicate power to an
    international body in direct violation of the
    Constitution.

    Please wake up and sign this petition:
    http://action.downsizedc.org/wyc.php?cid=32 . There may be as little as a
    one vote margin on this thing.