If You Found A $100 What Would You Do?

Lizel

Feb 17, 2015
As the title says, if you would find 100 dollars on the street what would you do with it?
Buy something for yourself or perhaps donate the money to any charity?

That's about 80 eurozzz...

Hmmm, New helmet probably. :p

21d4bc7.jpg

Reactions: BikeBikeBikeBike
BikeBikeBikeBike said:
That's found money!
I would donate it to the Buy Volnix a New Helmet Fund for sure.

I'm thinking of getting a f@ckin commuter... :(

Or maybe just ride climbs...

Do they make pads for road bikes? :D

Every time I look at the helmet I get PDSD... :(

Sadly, as much as I would love to donate all of it, I would probably spend most of it. I would want to give some to charity, though.

I will register 10 domain names in my list. I recently started to invest on domain names. They are like the recent real estates.

Go to the nearest restaurant and eat. I am pretty sure I will be hungry then after my ride. If there is something left I would call a friend to share the dinner with me

I would just put it into my stash of emergency funds. You never know when you need those $100, especially if you don't have medical insurance. In a place where you won't receive any emergency treatment in hospitals unless you are insured or have enough cash to pay for someone to fix you up, $100 can just as well be a God sent gift. I've got plenty of friends who could definitely benefit from that cash in case they got themselves into an accident,

Turn it into the police. I have in fact found cash before and this is what I did. As it was unclaimed I got it back with a clear conscience and threw a party.

Otherwise I would worry it was some pensioners money for the week to live on.

PennyS said:
Turn it into the police. I have in fact found cash before and this is what I did. As it was unclaimed I got it back with a clear conscience and threw a party.

Otherwise I would worry it was some pensioners money for the week to live on.
I don't know if I would trust them to give it back!

AtlantaSports said:
Sadly, as much as I would love to donate all of it, I would probably spend most of it. I would want to give some to charity, though.
@AtlantaSports Haha, probably like most of us. Donating money isn't easy if we don't have a lot of it.

Lizel said:
@AtlantaSports Haha, probably like most of us. Donating money isn't easy if we don't have a lot of it.
I try to donate as much as possible, but like you said, it's hard to go and dish out money when you don't have any.

It depends - if you do not know who lost it, then consider yourself to have gotten an extra payment. If I were in a scenario where I found $100, I would just add it to my bank account. There is no point on indulging how this bill came to be on the floor, or where it came from. Money is money, and frankly, going out and asking people if they dropped a $100 bill is not the best idea.

AtlantaSports said:
I try to donate as much as possible, but like you said, it's hard to go and dish out money when you don't have any.
Sad reality. :( Donating even once in a while helps too though, it doesn't matter how often you do it, and how much money you donate as long as you do it.

I will go out for a long nice massage to relax my muscles. I love massage and it is my way of spoiling myself after hours of work. I would probably think of charity walking out of the parlour later on :unsure:

It depends. If I really needed it, then I'd buy what I need with it. If not, I'd probably save it. But if the opportunity came that someone else needed help, I'd help them with it.

I would at least make some sort of minimal effort to see if the person that lost it was nearby before claiming it for myself. One hundred dollars doesn't go as far as it used to though and it wouldn't concern as much as a larger amount.

If no one asks me about it, I would probably save it. I mean, it's extremely difficult to find its owner unlike if you found a wallet. So yeah, I'll just save it for a rainy day. I'm pretty thrifty so I would rather save than spend. It's my curse and my blessing lol.

I wish I could say that I'd try to figure out who it belonged to or maybe donate it, but I know that I really wouldn't. It would go right into my pocket and right now it would go on Christmas gifts for my daughter.

If I couldn't figure out who it belonged to or no one was around that it might belong to then I would save it. I would put it in the bank and save it until I needed it for something.