If you had five free weeks to cycle...!

milly valdes

Jul 10, 2003
Hi. I'm new to this forum. I am about to re-start my training after a 15 mo. hiatus. Although I love to cycle, I needed to re-direct some of that time to a new relationship and to my family. Running, thank the Lard, kept me in shape-- and, oddly enough, trimmed 10 lbs off! I guess I won't need to spend THOUSANDS of dollars to shave off a few ounces off of my Serrotta! Amen.

Anyway, this is how lucky I am at the moment: I am on vacation until Dec 1 AND I live in Los Angeles. Yes, it is true that I am at the hub of a ring of fire (actually, there are many fires consuming the burbs and canyon areas; that's nature)-- nevertheless, the conditions will improve and with that reality will come unfettered, uncluttered time to do what I haven't done in 15 months: cycle.

Any suggestions on a gentle approach to hopping back on the saddle? I used to race (cat iii) AND i LOVE long, hard, and hot races like Death Valley and Markleeville (CA/NV desert).

Peace,
M

What is the likelihood of getting two responses from two individuals with the sound of "duck/duk" in their "names?"
Silly co-inky-dink? What does it all mean? Where is my handy OED????

Deserts are fab. Cycling in the desert when its raining, fab squared. Cycling in the desert at night on a gibbous or full moon, fab cubed.

paz,
M