If you had unlimted money and could only get 2 bikes, what would they be?

JTE83

Jan 28, 2004

My bikes would be custom built as follows:

My first bike would be the 51 cm Cervelo Soloist Team Carbon with Dura Ace 10 STI's & Front & Rear Deraileurs, SRM Dura Ace crank / SRM Power meter system, Zero Gravity Brakes, Syntace F99 60mm stem, Kestrel EMS bars (because these bars are aerobar clippable, but the SL version isn't), and 2005 Zipp 404 dimpled tubulars with taped Tufo S215 tires.

My 2nd bike would be the Cervelo P3 carbon with Dura Ace bar end shifters, Dura Ace Front & Rear Deraileurs, SRM Dura Ace crank / SRM Power meter system, Zero Gravity Brakes, Syntace F99 stem, 2005 Easton Attack aerobars, a 2005 Zipp 909 dimpled rear disk wheel, and an Hed 3 front clincher wheel..

But I already own 4 road bikes: a 2003 Cervelo Soloist Team, a 2002 Giant TCR Aero 2, a 2004.5 Giant Ocr 1, and a 2005 Kestrel Talon. If I won the lotto I'd definitely get the 2 bikes I mentioned!

JTE83 said:
If I had unlimited money I wouldn't limit myself to just 2 bikes. I currently don't have unlimited money and still wouldn't limit myself to just 2 bikes.

If you were a chick I would get divorced and marry you as they are almost exactly what I would buy. Only on the soloist I would run zipp Z3 wheels.

And as I already have a P3C I would just finish specing it out similar to you again except for zipp Z999 wheelset and hed bars.

When I bought my P3C ran out of funds so had to go with Ultegra 10, 808's and cervelo cowhorns with syntace c2's. In Australia they do not sell the P3C complete, frame only which makes it rather expensive to build up.

I agree with Doc. Isn't "unlimited" just that? :D

As far as bikes, I already have one of my dream bikes, my S-Works Roubaix, but if I got to choose another, I'd maybe say a Merlin Extralight with a bare ti finish, and a full Record group.

My actual dream bike hasn't been made yet, but I'd like to have one made out of memory metal like the saucers they found in Roswell, New Mexico. That way if I got a little ding in the top tube then it would pop back out within a couple of hours. A totally crashed bike would look like new within 24 hours. It would also be super strong and extremely light weight.

Another option would be to have one made out of a matrix that changes shapes depending on the current through the material. That way it could be a comfort road bike one day, a time trial bike another and possibly an MTB another.

JTE83 said:

My bikes would be custom built as follows:

My first bike would be the 51 cm Cervelo Soloist Team Carbon with Dura Ace 10 STI's & Front & Rear Deraileurs, SRM Dura Ace crank / SRM Power meter system, Zero Gravity Brakes, Syntace F99 60mm stem, Kestrel EMS bars (because these bars are aerobar clippable, but the SL version isn't), and 2005 Zipp 404 dimpled tubulars with taped Tufo S215 tires.

My 2nd bike would be the Cervelo P3 carbon with Dura Ace bar end shifters, Dura Ace Front & Rear Deraileurs, SRM Dura Ace crank / SRM Power meter system, Zero Gravity Brakes, Syntace F99 stem, 2005 Easton Attack aerobars, a 2005 Zipp 909 dimpled rear disk wheel, and an Hed 3 front clincher wheel..

But I already own 4 road bikes: a 2003 Cervelo Soloist Team, a 2002 Giant TCR Aero 2, a 2004.5 Giant Ocr 1, and a 2005 Kestrel Talon. If I won the lotto I'd definitely get the 2 bikes I mentioned!
Those are a few hot bikes that you have already. It seems that money isn't too much of an object as it is.

Unlimited money = I'd finally invent my silent, mini, 900hp engine customized to run on air and fit in the downtube/bottom bracket of any frame ...

:D

3_days said:
Unlimited money = I'd finally invent my silent, mini, 900hp engine customized to run on air and fit in the downtube/bottom bracket of any frame ...

:D
I'll take two of those, and could I have one in silver and the other black please?

-Cameron

mint condition, just off the shelf, never ridden 1987 Schwinn 10 speed... the one that I used to have :( that was stolen after only a week... it was my first "big boys" bike. I'll take a six13 full D/A for my other one ;)