If you love Paganism, thank a Christian

Dan Goodman

Guest
Much of today's reconstructed paganism owes more to the writings of
Christians and ex-Christians than to any genuine tradition.

--
Dan Goodman
Journal http://www.livejournal.com/users/dsgood/

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 12:02:12 -0600, In a true Usenet turnaround, Dan
Goodman blatted forth (and set the followups to soc.politics):

>Much of today's reconstructed paganism owes more to the writings of
>Christians and ex-Christians than to any genuine tradition.

GQ replied:
> LOLOLOLOLOL

Shaun aRe replied:
> STUNNING, just *stunning*.

Barb hooted:
> OHBOY! Now you went and done it, Dan!

And I say:

This is true. If the monks hadn't copied out the evil things that the
heathens practiced, we'd have no clue what they did, since so few
survived.

Bright Solstice Blessings to all who partake of the rites of the
Longest Night.
maxine in ri

In article <[email protected]>,
"maxine in ri" <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 12:02:12 -0600, In a true Usenet turnaround, Dan
> Goodman blatted forth (and set the followups to soc.politics):
>
> >Much of today's reconstructed paganism owes more to the writings of
> >Christians and ex-Christians than to any genuine tradition.

> GQ replied:
> > LOLOLOLOLOL

> Shaun aRe replied:
> > STUNNING, just *stunning*.

> Barb hooted:
> > OHBOY! Now you went and done it, Dan!

> And I say:
>
> This is true. If the monks hadn't copied out the evil things that the
> heathens practiced, we'd have no clue what they did, since so few
> survived.
>
> Bright Solstice Blessings to all who partake of the rites of the
> Longest Night.
> maxine in ri

Darkness every day
Light in the morning
Things prosper
Things give to others

This assumes there is

Wonderful full of wonder looking about

Bill This in RFC

Happy Holidays!!

--
Garden Shade Zone 5 S Jersey USA in a Japanese Jungle Manner.39.6376 -75.0208

On 20 Dec 2005 14:32:26 -0800, "maxine in ri" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 12:02:12 -0600, In a true Usenet turnaround, Dan
>Goodman blatted forth (and set the followups to soc.politics):
>
>>Much of today's reconstructed paganism owes more to the writings of
>>Christians and ex-Christians than to any genuine tradition.

>GQ replied:
>> LOLOLOLOLOL

>Shaun aRe replied:
>> STUNNING, just *stunning*.

>Barb hooted:
>> OHBOY! Now you went and done it, Dan!

>And I say:
>
>This is true. If the monks hadn't copied out the evil things that the
>heathens practiced, we'd have no clue what they did, since so few
>survived.
>
>Bright Solstice Blessings to all who partake of the rites of the
>Longest Night.
>maxine in ri

You too Maxine. We are going to a open ritual this evening and a
wonderful pot luck afterwards.

GQ

wrote:

> Bright Solstice Blessings to all who partake of the rites of the
> Longest Night.

Enjoy the Yule!

Carol

maxine in ri wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 12:02:12 -0600, In a true Usenet turnaround, Dan
> Goodman blatted forth (and set the followups to soc.politics):
>
> > Much of today's reconstructed paganism owes more to the writings of
> > Christians and ex-Christians than to any genuine tradition.

> GQ replied:
> > LOLOLOLOLOL

> Shaun aRe replied:
> > STUNNING, just stunning.

> Barb hooted:
> > OHBOY! Now you went and done it, Dan!

> And I say:
>
> This is true. If the monks hadn't copied out the evil things that the
> heathens practiced, we'd have no clue what they did, since so few
> survived.

Don't forget that the Elder Edda, as we have it, was written down by a
(at least nominal) Christian. With added explanation; for example,
that the Aesir were descendants of refugees from Troy (? if my memory
is correct.)

--
Dan Goodman
Journal http://www.livejournal.com/users/dsgood/
Clutterers Anonymous unofficial community
http://www.livejournal.com/community/clutterers_anon/
Decluttering http://decluttering.blogspot.com
Predictions and Politics http://dsgood.blogspot.com
All political parties die at last of swallowing their own lies.
John Arbuthnot (1667-1735), Scottish writer, physician.

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 17:51:09 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On 20 Dec 2005 14:32:26 -0800, "maxine in ri" <[email protected]>
>wrote:
>
>> Bright Solstice Blessings to all who partake of the rites of the
>> Longest Night.

>Enjoy the Yule!
>
>Carol

We had a wonderful evening. Had a great ritual and great pot luck. So
much different foods. I hope that everyone has wonderful and happy
holidays.

GQ

"maxine in ri" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 12:02:12 -0600, In a true Usenet turnaround, Dan
> Goodman blatted forth (and set the followups to soc.politics):
>
> >Much of today's reconstructed paganism owes more to the writings of
> >Christians and ex-Christians than to any genuine tradition.

> GQ replied:
> > LOLOLOLOLOL

> Shaun aRe replied (although his reply sent via plus.net isn't showing on

RFN):
> > STUNNING, just *stunning*.

> Barb hooted:
> > OHBOY! Now you went and done it, Dan!

> And I say:

Brace yourselves folks, this is gonna be *GOOD!

> This is true. If the monks hadn't copied out the evil things that the
> heathens practiced, we'd have no clue what they did, since so few
> survived.

(*Oops - I was wrong! <EG!>)

Shull bit! It's in the bones. In the very genetic core of the human beast.
It is nature, it is truth. It just plain *is*! So errrmmm, *ner*.

> Bright Solstice Blessings to all who partake of the rites of the
> Longest Night.
> maxine in ri

It ended before 1 a.m. for me.

We had an ale from the Copper Dragon (local) brewery that was very nice
indeed. We also burned some dead plant matter and exhaled its spirits to set
them free, with a request they watch over their sistren and brethren for us
in the coming months.

Shaun aRe

"GQ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 17:51:09 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >On 20 Dec 2005 14:32:26 -0800, "maxine in ri" <[email protected]>
> >wrote:
> >
> >> Bright Solstice Blessings to all who partake of the rites of the
> >> Longest Night.

> >Enjoy the Yule!
> >
> >Carol

> We had a wonderful evening. Had a great ritual and great pot luck. So
> much different foods. I hope that everyone has wonderful and happy
> holidays.
>
> GQ

Juul Ruuls!

Shaun aRe

GQ wrote:

> You too Maxine. We are going to a open ritual this evening and a
> wonderful pot luck afterwards.

You HOPE it's a wonderful pot luck. Reading some pot luck accounts in this
newsgroup, I'm now wary of any such events. (I hope yours *is* wonderful,
though.)

And for Deity-of-choice's sake, TRIM YOUR POSTS, WOMAN!

Bob

On 21 Dec 2005 12:08:02 -0600, "Bob Terwilliger"
<virtualgoth@die_spammer.biz> wrote:

>GQ wrote:
>
>> You too Maxine. We are going to a open ritual this evening and a
>> wonderful pot luck afterwards.

>You HOPE it's a wonderful pot luck. Reading some pot luck accounts in this
>newsgroup, I'm now wary of any such events. (I hope yours *is* wonderful,
>though.)
>
>And for Deity-of-choice's sake, TRIM YOUR POSTS, WOMAN!
>
>Bob

It was a wonderful pot luck and we filled the tummies and enjoyed
ourselves immensely.

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 23:47:17 GMT, GQ wrote:

>>Bright Solstice Blessings to all who partake of the rites of the
>>Longest Night.
>>maxine in ri

>You too Maxine. We are going to a open ritual this evening and a
>wonderful pot luck afterwards.
>
>GQ

And to all the Pagans that celebrate at this time of year Happy
Holidays.

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 13:45:30 -0600, Pan Ohco <[email protected]> wrote:

>On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 23:47:17 GMT, GQ wrote:
>

>>>Bright Solstice Blessings to all who partake of the rites of the
>>>Longest Night.
>>>maxine in ri

>>You too Maxine. We are going to a open ritual this evening and a
>>wonderful pot luck afterwards.
>>
>>GQ

>And to all the Pagans that celebrate at this time of year Happy
>Holidays.

Thank you so much. :)