"If you're not cheatin' you're not tryin'." Another sordid example...

tonyzackery

Dec 23, 2006
Wendy Lyall Accepts Plea-bargain In Leadville Trail 100 Impersonation Case - BikeRadar

May be old news to some, but this is the first I've heard of it...

Gotta love/hate the twisted mind of a cheat...

Reminds me of that woman a few years back who jumped into a big marathon fresh as a daisy with a mile left and tried to claim she had won.

Authorities should've made examples out of these menaces to society:D. As long these cheats get slaps on the wrist, they'll continue to defraud honest folks. Should've thrown the book at them; hard labor for 5 years - that'll deter the next person from attemping such nonsense...Betcha' they got those little beady eyes of hardened criminals too. Scums of the earth...LOL!

This whole case was overreaching by the prosecutor. It came about because the PB100 has a crappy refund policy (as in no refund). A rider did not get in the lottery, so she used the entry of an injured rider who had an entry and wanted to recoup her $250. Criminal impersonation is ridiculous.

Funny. What are people thinking when they do things like this? They've probably not won anything in their lives so they do this. Yeah some people are so strange.

I tell you people have some clever ways to defend themselves when they get caught cheating. I wonder what they get out of cheating other people of what they deserve. Don't they have a conscience that eats at them when they go home?

Well I've never cheated in my life, I've always failed legitimatly but I think I'd prefer to keep on doing that than cheat.

I'd imagine that they can't have a conscience because if that was me, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing what I'd done.

I'd rather fail miserably, then have a dishonest win.

I know the OP is old, but in the case of the post about the woman who entered the marathon with a mile to go. I wonder if her conscience would have caught up with her at some point in time or if she would have pulled some mental gymnastics in an attempt to justify her actions.

Sad that people even go that route. If they can't do it by hard work, they shouldn't do it at all.