If....

Karstens Rage

Guest
The investigation seems based on very sketchy evidence. AFAIK finding
blood in a doctor's office is not damning. Assume the worst and Jan and
Ivan are found guilty, what does that mean for our boy Lance?
Because Discovery/Postal has enough money and power and US doctors
doesn't that at least bring Lance's amazing performance into question?

How do we, as fans, get over the notion that anyone that wins by some
abstract margin must be cheating?

This is, of course, assuming that, the most likely totally inept Guardia
Civil, is totally right.

http://karstensrage.blogspot.com/
Rants and raves about pretty much anything I happen to be thinking about

Karstens Rage wrote:
> The investigation seems based on very sketchy evidence. AFAIK finding
> blood in a doctor's office is not damning.

Why would you think that a number of different riders from a variety of
locations would all be storing their blood in the same apartment in
Madrid? Come up with a reasonable hypothesis that doesn't sound damning.

Assume the worst and Jan and
> Ivan are found guilty, what does that mean for our boy Lance?

Nothing, because Jan and Ivan are not Lance, and vice versa. Unless
Lance's mother's name is in Fuentes' book, he is not implicated in this.

> Because Discovery/Postal has enough money and power and US doctors
> doesn't that at least bring Lance's amazing performance into question?

Did you only recently raise this question within yourself? Better late
than never, I guess.

> How do we, as fans, get over the notion that anyone that wins by some
> abstract margin must be cheating?

Many of us here have gotten over it.

> This is, of course, assuming that, the most likely totally inept Guardia
> Civil, is totally right.

They totally probably are.

in message <[email protected]>, Kyle Legate
('[email protected]') wrote:

>> Assume the worst and Jan and
>> Ivan are found guilty, what does that mean for our boy Lance?

> Nothing, because Jan and Ivan are not Lance, and vice versa. Unless
> Lance's mother's name is in Fuentes' book, he is not implicated in
> this.

Hey! Hey! Manners! Even /I/ haven't suggested Headstrong's mother is a
dog.

Morning had broken. I found a rather battered tube of Araldite
resin in the bottom of the toolbag.

Simon Brooke wrote:
> Hey! Hey! Manners! Even /I/ haven't suggested Headstrong's mother is a
> dog.

Surely you mean ***** ?

"Kyle Legate" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Karstens Rage wrote:
>> The investigation seems based on very sketchy evidence. AFAIK finding
>> blood in a doctor's office is not damning.

> Why would you think that a number of different riders from a variety of
> locations would all be storing their blood in the same apartment in
> Madrid? Come up with a reasonable hypothesis that doesn't sound damning.

Man, talk about stupid - maybe you missed the boat on thinking? WHAT IF a
gambling syndicate wanted to screw the odds? What if they planted a lot of
blood bags of the favorites in a doctors office and put names on the bags.

Can you think of a reason that any rider would lie about this now? A DNA
test will prove conclusively if that's their own blood. Do you really think
that they spoke without legal advice?

Tom Kunich wrote:
> Man, talk about stupid - maybe you missed the boat on thinking? WHAT IF a
> gambling syndicate wanted to screw the odds? What if they planted a lot of
> blood bags of the favorites in a doctors office and put names on the bags.
>
> Can you think of a reason that any rider would lie about this now? A DNA
> test will prove conclusively if that's their own blood. Do you really think
> that they spoke without legal advice?

Tom, you so desperately want to believe that your beloved sport is
clean. Ullrich has already been publicly asked about his willingness
to submit to a DNA test to prove his innocence in advance. The reply?
Nothing. His team had put this question to him. Nothing.

The gambling syndicates don't bother with cycling.