IGF-1 Confirmed as Inducer of Prostate Cancer

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by [email protected], Mar 4, 2005.

  1. From: "Robert Cohen" <[email protected]>
    Date: Thu Mar 3, 2005 9:01 am
    Subject: New Research Confirms IGF-I Induces Prostate Cancer

    New Research Confirms IGF-I Induces Prostate Cancer

    This one's Greek to me and to the scientists
    at the University of Patras. Remember the
    name Papatsoris. He is the lead researcher.

    In Yiddish, his name might be translated as
    the "grandfather of all bad & painful misfortunes."
    How appropriate that is to his discovery, which
    might translate into next year's Nobel Prize.
    (Trends Mol Med. 2005 Feb;11(2):52-55.)

    His team of Greek biochemists have established unique
    insights into the novel pathways and networks in which
    insulin-like growth factor (IGF-I) works to initiate and
    establish prostate cancers.

    IGF-I is identical in cows and humans. IGF-I has been
    identified as a key factor in the growth of human cancer.
    People drinking milk have increased levels of IGF-I in
    their bodies. For scientific support, see:

    http://www.notmilk.com/g.html

    Here is the abstract to their study as posted on Medline:

    "Nearly a decade has passed since the hypothesis that the
    insulin-like growth factor (IGF) signalling cascade is
    involved in prostate carcinogenesis. Recent research has
    outlined the association of circulating IGF-1 and prostate
    cancer risk, and studies have elucidated the implication of
    the IGF network in the early stages of prostate carcinogenesis.

    Moreover, it has been suggested that IGF-1 induces
    ligand-independent activation of the androgen receptor and
    enhances the expression of matrix metalloproteinase-2 and
    urokinase plasminogen activator. Furthermore, progression
    to androgen independence has been linked to deregulation of
    the IGF-1-IGF-1-receptor axis. Here, we report on updated
    studies that contribute to the unravelling of the IGF
    'circuitry' in prostate cancer cells, with the anticipation
    that relevant pharmacological 'rewiring' might offer novel
    therapeutic regimens."

    Robert Cohen
    http://www.notmilk.com

    Tags:

  2. montygram

    montygram Guest

    Just go to www.pubmed.com and search for oxidative prostate cancer, and
    you'll see that's what causes prostate cancer in most cases is lipid
    peroxidation, and those fatty acids going rancid inside you (unless you
    ate them that way, which is common and even worse) can come from animal
    or vegetable sources - it doesn't matter. Overexpression of proteins
    occurs because when cells are stressed (as they would be by lipid
    peroxidation) they respond by underexpressing some proteins and
    overexpressing others. The anti-growth proteins generally get
    suppressed whereas the pro-growth ones are overproduced. the
    scientific literature as a whole is overwhelmingly supportive of
    oxidative stress as the root cause of prostate cancer - all other
    things are further down the pathway or cascade. Do your own research
    with an open mind and see for yourself.

  3. The dairy industry must be protected at all costs!

  4. montygram

    montygram Guest

    Huh? I can't stand it. I would like everyone to have his/her own goats
    to milk, and NOT pasteurize. Now if you think all the scientific
    papers on www.pubmed.com are part of a grand conspiracy, you should
    disclose that information.

  5. From: "Robert Cohen" <[email protected]>
    Date: Thu Mar 3, 2005 9:01 am

  6. "montygram" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Huh? I can't stand it. I would like everyone to have his/her own goats
    > to milk, and NOT pasteurize. Now if you think all the scientific
    > papers on www.pubmed.com are part of a grand conspiracy, you should
    > disclose that information.

    The heavy, thick (casein) protein in cow's or goat's milk
    may not
    suitable for human digestion which may cause many humans
    to get
    ear infections or strep throats.