Ignored?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by [email protected], Sep 6, 2004.

  1. Who was the best performing rider in history that never seemed to get the
    recognition his/her results would have merited?
    --
    le Vent a Dos, Davey Crockett
    Six Day Site: http://sixday.741.com/

    Tags:

  2. Kenny

    Kenny Guest

    [email protected] wrote in message news:<[email protected]rs.com>...
    > Who was the best performing rider in history that never seemed to get the
    > recognition his/her results would have merited?

    Italo Zilioli

  3. Sierraman

    Sierraman Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]rs.com...
    > Who was the best performing rider in history that never seemed to get the
    > recognition his/her results would have merited?
    > --
    > le Vent a Dos, Davey Crockett
    > Six Day Site: http://sixday.741.com/

    For the women, Luperini.

  4. Kenny

    Kenny Guest

    [email protected] (Kenny) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > [email protected] wrote in message news:<[email protected]rs.com>...
    > > Who was the best performing rider in history that never seemed to get the
    > > recognition his/her results would have merited?

    > Italo Zilioli

    I never heard from him since a few weeks ago.

    2x 2nd Giro Di Lazio
    2x 2nd, 1x 3rd Milan-Turin
    1st, 2x 2nd Giro Dell Emilia
    1st, 2nd Giro Di Piemonte
    3x 2nd, 1x 3rd, 1x 5th Giro d'Italia
    3rd Paris-Nice
    3rd Tour de Suisse
    1st Meisterschaft von zurich
    1st, 2x 2nd Tirreno-Adriatico
    5th Worlds '64

  5. Kenny

    Kenny Guest

    [email protected] wrote in message news:<[email protected]rs.com>...
    > Who was the best performing rider in history that never seemed to get the
    > recognition his/her results would have merited?

    And defenitely Fred De Bruyne

    2x Paris-Nice
    3x Liege-Bastogne-Liege
    1x Flanders
    1x 1st, 1x 2nd Milan-Sanremo
    1x 1st, 1x 2nd Paris-Roubaix
    1x 1st, 2x 2nd Paris-Tours
    2nd Lombardy
    2nd Omloop Het Volk
    3rd Gent-Wevelgem
    5th Worlds ('56 & '57)
    3x Trophee Desgrange-Colombo ('56, '57, '58)

  6. From older guys' comments it's obvious Fred was the best cycling TV commentator ever:
    very goodtalk, vast experience himself, able to interview any cyclist in his own language (they didn't come from that many
    countries yet)

  7. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    You can see him numerous times on the WCP video History of the Tour of
    Flanders. He had quite a personality. He also rode with Coppi on
    Coppi-Carpano. There's a nice photo of Fred, Coppi and Faustino and a
    little kid.

    "Van Hoorebeeck Bart" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]
    > From older guys' comments it's obvious Fred was the best cycling TV
    > commentator ever:
    > very goodtalk, vast experience himself, able to interview any cyclist in
    > his own language (they didn't come from that many
    > countries yet)

  8. Davide Tosi

    Davide Tosi Guest

    [email protected] wrote:

    >Who was the best performing rider in history that never seemed to get the
    >recognition his/her results would have merited?

    Maybe not exactly ignored, but Gaetano Belloni was surely the most
    underrated. They called him "the eternal runner-up" but in fact he won a
    shitload of races, including one Giro's final classment.