Il Pirata

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Sergio Servadio, May 30, 2003.

  1. He showed up at the starting line of Giro stage n.19.

    You may think whatever you want, but I tell you that this man is honoring the sport a lot more than
    many other primadonna riders. Forza, Marco!

    Sergio Pisa

    Tags:

  2. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    "Sergio SERVADIO" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...
    > He showed up at the starting line of Giro stage n.19.
    >
    > You may think whatever you want, but I tell you that this man is honoring the sport a lot more
    > than many other primadonna riders. Forza, Marco!
    >
    > Sergio Pisa

    I really thought it was nice to see him back and riding better than he has for the past couple of
    years. But there's a big difference between being placed 10th in the Giro and being a threat to
    Armstrong in the Tour. Marco does himself an injustice talking trash that he can't possibly bring
    to fruition. I'll say it again, the only way Marco could be a threat to Armstrong is if he cuts a
    deal with Osama to do a suicide attack. Advantages to that? No more Marco to listen to and a wide
    open Tour.*

    *Note to FBI, DIA, CIA, et al.---the above is intended as humor only.

  3. Jenko

    Jenko Guest

    B. Lafferty wrote:

    >fruition. I'll say it again, the only way Marco could be a threat to Armstrong is if he cuts a deal
    >with Osama to do a suicide attack.

    Galvez and Garzelli didn't need Osama for that, only a difficult turn.

    Jenko

  4. "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Sergio SERVADIO" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:p[email protected]...
    > > He showed up at the starting line of Giro stage n.19.
    > >
    > > You may think whatever you want, but I tell you that this man is honoring the sport a lot more
    > > than many other primadonna riders. Forza, Marco!
    > >
    > > Sergio Pisa
    > >

    > I really thought it was nice to see him back and riding better than he has for the past couple of
    > years. But there's a big difference between being placed 10th in the Giro and being a threat to
    > Armstrong in the Tour.
    Marco
    > does himself an injustice talking trash that he can't possibly bring to fruition.

    Pantani is quoted as saying "Per me sarebbe un onore e sarei curioso di vedere cosa potrei combinare
    contro Lance Armstrong."

    Translated: "For me [the Tour] would be an honor and I would be curious to see what I could "do" (in
    a distruptive sense) against Lance Armstrong".

    How this gets translated into "talking trash" is beyond me. Perhaps people are "hearing" what they
    want to hear.

    In any event, I agree that Pantani has handled himself quite well this Giro - certainly better than
    in recent years. Too bad he won't win a stage though.

    Scott-

  5. In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...

    >*Note to FBI, DIA, CIA, et al.---the above is intended as humor only.

    What's DIA? Is that some super secret branch of the government?
    -----------------
    Alex __O _-\<,_ (_)/ (_)

  6. Mark Janeba

    Mark Janeba Guest

    Defense Intelligence Agency. Google shows www.dia.mil as their home page.
    --
    Mark Janeba remove antispam phrase in address to reply

  7. On Fri, 30 May 2003 11:36:59 -0400, Alex Rodriguez <[email protected]> wrote:

    >In article <O4IBa.22319$rO.20[email protected]>,
    >[email protected] says...
    >
    >>*Note to FBI, DIA, CIA, et al.---the above is intended as humor only.
    >
    >What's DIA? Is that some super secret branch of the government?

    We could tell you, but then we'd have to kill you.

    ---
    Kelly Beard, a.k.a. Mr. K.V.B. Liar

  8. Let's not give people ideas ok.... They riders are already pretty concerned about this.

  9. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    Sadly, I suspect that "they" have already thought about this and a whole lot more.

    "Robert Nicholson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Let's not give people ideas ok.... They riders are already pretty
    concerned
    > about this.

  10. "Sergio SERVADIO" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...
    > He showed up at the starting line of Giro stage n.19.
    >
    > You may think whatever you want, but I tell you that this man is honoring the sport a lot more
    > than many other primadonna riders. Forza, Marco!
    >
    > Sergio Pisa

    He is definitely a brave man.

    The bravest thing he's done is come out in public after getting that horrible plastic surgery.

    He used to look like a happy kid. Now, when he grimaces, he looks like one of those creatures from
    "Gremlins". He should get his teeth sharpened and things would be perfect.

    Forza, Marco!

    K. Gringioni

    ps. do they have malpractice laws in Italy. La Elefantina should be able to get some Mad Jack if he
    files a lawsuit - no jury would deny the incompetence of his surgery when presented with the
    before and after photos.

  11. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    Pantani has shown more guts in this Giro than he ever did in a Tour. Forza indeed!

    "Sergio SERVADIO" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...
    > He showed up at the starting line of Giro stage n.19.
    >
    > You may think whatever you want, but I tell you that this man is honoring the sport a lot more
    > than many other primadonna riders. Forza, Marco!
    >
    > Sergio Pisa

  12. Zeno

    Zeno Guest

    Now, more than ever, "IL Pirata" looks like "IL Mini Duce."

    Especially when he puts on one of those fake grimaces when he knows the camera is on him. I thought
    his resemblance to the "Conqueror of Abbysinia" when he was acting out his "broken collar bone"
    routine on the side of the road was startling. Not only does he have the looks, he has the
    personality down too.

    Ciao,

    Zeno