I'll bag my own stuff!

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Nancy Young, Mar 30, 2006.

  1. Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > "Nancy Young" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >> That's so funny. The meat drawer is the bottom one with the
    >> temp control lever? The next one up is the vegetable drawer,
    >> and I have another one above that that is the deli drawer.
    >>
    >> Could be dead wrong, but that's the order in every refrigerator
    >> I've ever seen.
    >>
    >> nancy

    > So much for that theory. :)
    > I've a 22 cu ft Amana and it has two humidity-adjustable (I don't know
    > if I believe it) veg drawers on the bottom and the meat drawer (not
    > temp controlled and called The Chef's Pantry - <giggle> by Amana).

    Our fridge (Westinghouse) has two veg drawers at the bottom (we call
    them crispers - are they called that elsewhere?). One large and one
    narrow.They're supposed to be humidity adjustable by opening or shutting
    a vent in them. There's no meat drawer as such, but there is a smallish
    compartment towards the top of the fridge which has an adjustable
    temperature control.

    --
    Rhonda Anderson
    Cranebrook, NSW, Australia

  2. In article <[email protected]>,
    Rhonda Anderson <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Our fridge (Westinghouse) has two veg drawers at the bottom (we call
    > them crispers - are they called that elsewhere?).

    Crisper is the common name here, too, Rhonda.

    --
    -Barb
    <http://jamlady.eboard.com> Updated 3-30-2006 Enchiladas for Two

  3. Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > Rhonda Anderson <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >> Our fridge (Westinghouse) has two veg drawers at the bottom (we call
    >> them crispers - are they called that elsewhere?).

    > Crisper is the common name here, too, Rhonda.

    Thanks, Barb. With all the differences in our vocabularies I don't like to
    make assumptions <g>.

    --
    Rhonda Anderson
    Cranebrook, NSW, Australia

  4. In article <[email protected]>,
    sarah bennett <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Denise~* wrote:
    > > Nancy Young wrote:
    > >
    > >> They have some new cashiers at the store, and a couple of
    > >> them have been bagging, I guess it's a training thing. Baggers
    > >> aren't especially usual around here.

    > > Grrr, I hate it when I stack all my frozen & cooler stuff first, and
    > > when I check my bags there is a different frozen & cooler item or two in
    > > each bag along with my bread/potato chips/or box of cereal also
    > > separated out into different bags. Don't they think?

    > For the wages most supermarkets pay, sadly, you can't really expect
    > people to work very hard. Of course, I see myself as an exception to
    > this, but if I slacked off all day I'd get way too bored. I've told
    > people this and they thought I was crazy for not wanting to get paid to
    > stand around and do nothing.

    Why? Why does a starter or lower paying job translate into no pride
    in one's work? This is something I don't understand. I don't get paid
    at all for my work, but I still want to do the best I can with it, and
    not just for my kids' sake.

    Regards,
    Ranee

    Remove do not & spam to e-mail me.

    http://arabianknits.blogspot.com/

  5. -L.

    -L. Guest

    Nancy Young wrote:
    > They have some new cashiers at the store, and a couple of
    > them have been bagging, I guess it's a training thing. Baggers
    > aren't especially usual around here.
    >
    > I guess it was lesson one, or maybe I'm just wrong about
    > this ... I like the meat bagged by itself, all the meat in one
    > bag, that's okay, just nothing else in the bag. I think that's
    > normal, no?
    >
    > Got the stuff home, darn it, he put the yogurt and the
    > light cream into the meat bag. Washed them off, put the
    > meat away.
    >
    > Today, I'm thinking ... hey, I bought some Twizzlers (strawberry
    > licorice for anyone who doesn't know), I could go for that!
    > Can't find it, man I hate when I don't have all my groceries
    > when I get home. Even checked the car, maybe it fell out.
    > No such luck.
    >
    > Heh, pulled out the porterhouse steak for dinner ... lying
    > flat underneath it was my bag of candy. Oh, yuck.
    > I'm thinking, chicken and cow juice all over my Twizzler
    > bag.
    >
    > I'll live.
    >
    > nancy

    I hate that! I had a cashier pour chicken blood all over the conveyor
    belt and then continue to use it. I stopped her, opened some cleaner
    and cleaned it off.

    -L.