I'll fly away, fly away, O glory...!

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Luigi De Guzman, Feb 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 55 Fahrenheit--a beautiful day!

    The bike came off the trainer today and I put ten hilly (well, hilly for me, anyhow) miles.

    Dropped to the granny on things I might have spun up in the middle ring last summer. But ten
    miles--outside!

    The mag trainer time seems to be having some effect, at least on level stretches--I feel faster for
    less effort.

    Also finding that my pedal stroke seems to have smoothed out a bit, riding no-hands is no problem on
    non-bumpy bits of road.

    And I got to ride outside! and I'll get to ride outside tomorrow!

    Maybe I can go farther tomorrow. Now that's more like riding a bike.

    -Luigi

    www.livejournal.com/users/ouij Photos, Rants Raves
     
    Tags:


  2. Zoot Katz

    Zoot Katz Guest

    Thu, 19 Feb 2004 18:43:28 -0500,
    <[email protected]>,
    Luigi de Guzman <[email protected]> wrote:

    >And I got to ride outside! and I'll get to ride outside tomorrow!
    >
    >Maybe I can go farther tomorrow. Now that's more like riding a bike.

    YEEEHAAW!
    --
    zk
     
  3. Dane Jackson

    Dane Jackson Guest

    Luigi de Guzman <[email protected]> wrote:
    > 55 Fahrenheit--a beautiful day!

    > The bike came off the trainer today and I put ten hilly (well, hilly for me, anyhow) miles.

    > Dropped to the granny on things I might have spun up in the middle ring last summer. But ten miles--
    > outside!

    I was thinking about one of your posts talking about being stuck indoors when I went out for a ride
    Sunday (52 F). I didn't want to post anything in response, because I felt I would be kicking you
    while you were down. ;) It's good to here you got out and had some fun on your bike.

    That's the first time I've gotten any kind of ride on the weekend in about three months (other than
    cycling down to the aquarium with my daughter). Bish Bish!

    --
    Dane Jackson - z u v e m b i @ u n i x b i g o t s . o r g Murray's Rule: Any country with
    "democratic" in the title isn't.
     
  4. Badger_south

    Badger_south Guest

    On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 18:43:28 -0500, Luigi de Guzman <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >55 Fahrenheit--a beautiful day!
    >
    >The bike came off the trainer today and I put ten hilly (well, hilly for me, anyhow) miles.
    >
    >Dropped to the granny on things I might have spun up in the middle ring last summer. But ten
    >miles--outside!
    >
    >The mag trainer time seems to be having some effect, at least on level stretches--I feel faster for
    >less effort.
    >
    >Also finding that my pedal stroke seems to have smoothed out a bit, riding no-hands is no problem
    >on non-bumpy bits of road.
    >
    >And I got to ride outside! and I'll get to ride outside tomorrow!
    >
    >Maybe I can go farther tomorrow. Now that's more like riding a bike.
    >
    >-Luigi
    >
    >www.livejournal.com/users/ouij Photos, Rants Raves

    Those durn bikers. Easily amused.

    -B

    64 deg, here in Central Va. ;-p Out of habit, I donned the balaclava, hat and gloves, and after
    about 2 minutes, I'm like 'something really smells bad', before I realized. haha.
     
  5. On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 19:47:35 -0500, Badger_South <[email protected]>
    wrote:
    >Those durn bikers. Easily amused.
    >
    >-B
    >
    >64 deg, here in Central Va. ;-p Out of habit, I donned the balaclava, hat and gloves, and after
    >about 2 minutes, I'm like 'something really smells bad', before I realized. haha.

    How central--? Like Cville central or Richmond central?

    It only made it to 55 on planet NoVA. That was enough.

    -Luigi
     
  6. Badger_south

    Badger_south Guest

    On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 19:46:20 -0500, Luigi de Guzman <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 19:47:35 -0500, Badger_South <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>Those durn bikers. Easily amused.
    >>
    >>-B
    >>
    >>64 deg, here in Central Va. ;-p Out of habit, I donned the balaclava, hat and gloves, and after
    >>about 2 minutes, I'm like 'something really smells bad', before I realized. haha.
    >
    >
    >How central--? Like Cville central or Richmond central?
    >
    >It only made it to 55 on planet NoVA. That was enough.
    >
    >-Luigi

    I'm at UVa.

    Actually I was really getting into the 8am rides at 19deg - sun shining, birds shivering - that we
    had in the past couple weeks.

    I tell myself it's just free A/C. Gives you that 'warrior' spirit; however self-deluded. ;-p

    (Yeah, I'm easily amused too...)

    -B
     
  7. On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 21:08:56 -0500, Badger_South <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >
    >I'm at UVa.

    Oh that's cool. Didn't go there myself, but many friends there.

    >
    >Actually I was really getting into the 8am rides at 19deg - sun shining, birds shivering - that we
    >had in the past couple weeks.
    >
    >I tell myself it's just free A/C. Gives you that 'warrior' spirit; however self-deluded. ;-p

    Well, cold's fine, I guess, if you're dressed for it. But ice is bad.

    >
    >(Yeah, I'm easily amused too...)

    It's amazing how easy it is to be amused when you're on a bicycle outside.

    -Luigi

    >
    >-B
     
  8. Peter Cole

    Peter Cole Guest

    "Luigi de Guzman" <[email protected]> wrote
    >
    > Well, cold's fine, I guess, if you're dressed for it. But ice is bad.
    >

    Ice *is* very bad, but studded tires take care of it easily.
     
Loading...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Loading...