Illegals

Saw footage of this on the news last night. It does annoy me slightly that they chose to kip there instead of on the grass next to the cycle path.

Stupid situation all in all.

The article does not seem to discuss anything to do with cycling, or did I miss something here? This is about the refugees from the Middle East.

Yes. You missed something. The bicycle path. And the pair of bicycles.

And the row of new speed bumps in the path.

I don't know anything about being an immigrant, but what I will say is, can you blame them?They're putting their lives at risk which means what they're running from is worst than death or being stranded in some camp.

I missed the part about the bike path too---maybe the article was updated since this morning???

Here's a solution---the Krauts and Swedes want them? Let them have them. Easy-peasy. Problem solved.

"I don't know anything about being an immigrant, but what I will say is, can you blame them?

It's no fun, being an illegal alien.

Damned link/article changed! Grrrr!

Try this link: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/aug/30/migration-crisis-germany-france-britain-demand-urgent-meeting

4177.jpg

Jeebus! Getting a pic to post on this site is tougher than trying to pass Nibali when he's holding on to the team car!

I tried on the first post from two different sites and no love. The dreaded Black-X or some retarded error messages.

b35f54dd7c9a467ab079e12c5991562a_t1070_hc52c367e5b5913317572f62f3625c055471c6de0.jpg

Quote by mpre53:
"Here's a solution---the Krauts and Swedes want them? Let them have them. Easy-peasy. Problem solved."

Islamic State Of The Fatherland?

O.T., but suddenly...I have this strange desire to visit Hungary!

Meanwhile...in Macedonia (Volnix...be on guard!), Syrian and Iraqi jihadi's are arriving looking like a 100-mile charity ride in progress! Awesome!

29B63DFA00000578-3128709-image-a-34_1434573930403.jpg

C'mon guys! Let's get those helmets on! War zones and road cycling are dangerous!

CAMPYBOB said:
O.T., but suddenly...I have this strange desire to visit Hungary!

Meanwhile...in Macedonia (Volnix...be on guard!), Syrian and Iraqi jihadi's are arriving looking like a 100-mile charity ride in progress! Awesome!

29B63DFA00000578-3128709-image-a-34_1434573930403.jpg

C'mon guys! Let's get those helmets on! War zones and road cycling are dangerous!
Jihadi's? That guy up front is wearing what appears to be a cross...Most people are more interested in their next meal than killing people. They seem pretty laid back to me.

A lot of Iraqi Christians left years ago (the Chaldeans - Iraqi Catholics cut off from Rome for centuries). Many Syrian Christians are fleeing now. We have a large Chaldean community here -like most immigrant groups they prosper because they work hard and invest in businesses etc.

"That guy up front is wearing what appears to be a cross..."

Yeah, and since he's got that "New York" car show T-shirt on and a biker's dew rag and the cool shades I'll give him a berth in my barn until he finds a job running a 7-11.

Mohamed Atta and his buds were all going to strip clubs and pretending to be airline pilots in training...just sayin'. They're all laid back until they start stoning their sister to death while screaming Aloha Snackbar.

I trust NONE of them.

Let Angela and the Greens deal with them.

CAMPYBOB said:
"That guy up front is wearing what appears to be a cross..."

Yeah, and since he's got that "New York" car show T-shirt on and a biker's dew rag and the cool shades I'll give him a berth in my barn until he finds a job running a 7-11.

Mohamed Atta and his buds were all going to strip clubs and pretending to be airline pilots in training...just sayin'. They're all laid back until they start stoning their sister to death while screaming Aloha Snackbar.

I trust NONE of them.

Let Angela and the Greens deal with them.
Well, seeing crazies come in all races,religions and ethnicity's, I choose not to call people "Jihadi's" based on a picture. You say "I trust NONE of them" like any other group is "trust worthy". Trusting people you don't know is a bad idea, trusting people you do know is a bad idea. Also, 9-11 is among millions of atrocities to happen in the world. To each their own I guess.

I don't know too many Buddists out to destroy the Great Satan. Matter of fact, Taoists haven't made the news lately either. Are the Jains up to no good these days? But, you are correct...I suspect the pastor down at the local Methodist Church is banging the church secretary and ready to blow up a petroleum refinery down on the Ohio River.

I tend to trust no one, so we agree on that.

CAMPYBOB said:
I don't know too many Buddists out to destroy the Great Satan. Matter of fact, Taoists haven't made the news lately either. Are the Jains up to no good these days? But, you are correct...I suspect the pastor down at the local Methodist Church is banging the church secretary and ready to blow up a petroleum refinery down on the Ohio River.

I tend to trust no one, so we agree on that.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/20/opinion/malik-myanmars-buddhist-bigots.html

"Making the news" isn't quite the benchmark for what is happening in the world. Most people don't give a **** who's killing each other in the far regions of China or India.Many Americans didn't even know what an Arab or Muslim was before 9-11. Notice how that kid who shot all of those blacks at the church wasn't labeled a "terrorist"?Bottom line is the world can be a shitty place and any narrative can and will be made. Bush Sr. had no problem sitting and eating dinner with Sadam who was always lobbing of heads. His son went to war with Iraq because Sadam was no longer a brutal dictator with benefits...

That is all, back to talking about cycling,lol...

Uawadall said:
I don't know anything about being an immigrant, but what I will say is, can you blame them?They're putting their lives at risk which means what they're running from is worst than death or being stranded in some camp.
I can understand them running away from the troubles in their own countries but as I understand it if you're a refugee fleeing you go to the first safe zone you can get to, not go through several safe countries to the one that will best support you which is what a lot of these guys are doing.

Susimi said:
I can understand them running away from the troubles in their own countries but as I understand it if you're a refugee fleeing you go to the first safe zone you can get to, not go through several safe countries to the one that will best support you which is what a lot of these guys are doing.
Yes, things are a mess in Europe right now with the refugee crisis. The Dublin II treaty has made things very complicated. Technically, refugees need to be registered at their first point of entry when they arrive in Europe. This is usually done in one of the Mediterranean countries such as Greece, Italy, Spain and the southern parts of France. Very often, refugees are returned to these countries if they are found elsewhere in Europe. Unfortunately, most of the refugees don't want to stay in these southern European countries because they lack opportunities and benefits provided by their northern neighbors.