Bike buying advice · Public discussion

Im 6'1'' Would a 56cm be ok

Started by Bikeman1010 · · Last activity · 4 posts · 1,379 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Bike buying advice
Published
8 December 2006
Last activity
8 December 2006
Original author
Bikeman1010
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,379
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I Don't have much money so I am looking at the 2006 Felt F90. I found one but its only a 56cm. I am 6'1'' and was wondering if you guys think? Will I fit properly? I mean cant you just raise up the seat? I have always wanted a Felt because currently im riding a 10 year old Ross 10 speed which is getting worse by the second. My rear Derailer is starting to pop every four rotations of pedaling. The bike is just worn out. I have put probably almost 1500 miles on since I had it. I found it like 3 years ago and it was a piece of junk. I fixed the whole thing up, Anyways I got my moneys worth out of that bike. Now its time for a new one. I want the Felt F90 because I am in college and on a tight budget. What I basicly will be using it for is Group Rides and my own daily riding. Tell me what you guys think. Im looking for some tips because I want to get the right bike. Thanks

  2. You will need to test ride a 58 and 60 cm to find the best fit.

  3. My first road bike was an F90, it was a good bike but very harsh...

    I'm 5' 11" and ride a 58 Cannondale, I know Felts are measured differently and if I remember correctly, the way they're measured makes them even smaller...

    It's impossible to say whether a 56 will fit you, it depends on your proportions, ie, long or short torso/legs/arms etc...

    Have you ridden a bigger bike? What size is your old bike?

  4. gclark8 said:

    You will need to test ride a 58 and 60 cm to find the best fit.

    Gut instinct would be 57-59. A bit smaller if it had compact geometry.

    I'm 6'2" and have ridden bikes in size 58 (60 centre to top) to 61 (64 centre to top).

    Why not head into a bike shop and ask them to give you quick measure up? Most decent bike shops will do it for you.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.