I'm a bad boy

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Bill B, Jan 29, 2004.

  1. Bill B

    Bill B Guest

    well I feel bad anyway. I won't be able to take a recumbent with me to germany. my travel friends
    and I will be picked up at the airport in Stuttgart by kin folk for a ride in a small car to the
    frieburg area. No room for a big bike box. Buying a saturday is a no go. Since I will be traveling
    by train and not staying anywhere for more than a couple of days i will be doing[gasp] the
    unthinkable. I will be taking [groan] a dahon Helio folder that will fit into a flight legal 29"
    suitcase. The bike is pretty nice for a folding upright.Pluses are the fast fold, the 22lb weight
    and of course the low price. I figure I can ride the beast on the short rides I will be doing
    without too much pain with the addition of the cane creek thud buster seat post, the cane creek bar
    ends and comp pools front and rear. I'm already getting hate vibes from my bents. Check out the bike
    at dahon.com its the helios p8 Bad Bill

    Tags:

  2. Glen Corlin

    Glen Corlin Guest

    I've been living in the Wiesbaden area with my R40 for about a year now. Don't see many other
    bents...just one or two. Plenty of strange looks from the staid Germans though. Be sure after a good
    ride you stop in a Gasthaus and have a Radler!

    --
    Glen Corlin 21st Century Schizoid Man "Bill B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > well I feel bad anyway. I won't be able to take a recumbent with me to germany. my travel friends
    > and I will be picked up at the airport in Stuttgart by kin folk for a ride in a small car to the
    > frieburg area. No room for a big bike box. Buying a saturday is a no go. Since I will be traveling
    > by train and not staying anywhere for more than a couple of days i will be doing[gasp] the
    > unthinkable. I will be taking [groan] a dahon Helio folder that will fit into a flight legal 29"
    > suitcase. The bike is pretty nice for a folding upright.Pluses are the fast fold, the 22lb weight
    > and of course the low price. I figure I can ride the beast on the short rides I will be doing
    > without too much pain with the addition of the cane creek thud buster seat post, the cane creek
    > bar ends and comp pools front and rear. I'm already getting hate vibes from my bents. Check out
    > the bike at dahon.com its the helios p8 Bad Bill

  3. bentcruiser

    bentcruiser New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2003
    Well at least your are getting to ride! I am thinking of buying one of those for my wife and I for when we travel.

    Like you, I do not relish the fact of riding an upright, but it beats walkin!