I'm a bad boy

Bill B

Guest
well I feel bad anyway. I won't be able to take a recumbent with me to germany. my travel friends
and I will be picked up at the airport in Stuttgart by kin folk for a ride in a small car to the
frieburg area. No room for a big bike box. Buying a saturday is a no go. Since I will be traveling
by train and not staying anywhere for more than a couple of days i will be doing[gasp] the
unthinkable. I will be taking [groan] a dahon Helio folder that will fit into a flight legal 29"
suitcase. The bike is pretty nice for a folding upright.Pluses are the fast fold, the 22lb weight
and of course the low price. I figure I can ride the beast on the short rides I will be doing
without too much pain with the addition of the cane creek thud buster seat post, the cane creek bar
ends and comp pools front and rear. I'm already getting hate vibes from my bents. Check out the bike
at dahon.com its the helios p8 Bad Bill

I've been living in the Wiesbaden area with my R40 for about a year now. Don't see many other
bents...just one or two. Plenty of strange looks from the staid Germans though. Be sure after a good
ride you stop in a Gasthaus and have a Radler!

--
Glen Corlin 21st Century Schizoid Man "Bill B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> well I feel bad anyway. I won't be able to take a recumbent with me to germany. my travel friends
> and I will be picked up at the airport in Stuttgart by kin folk for a ride in a small car to the
> frieburg area. No room for a big bike box. Buying a saturday is a no go. Since I will be traveling
> by train and not staying anywhere for more than a couple of days i will be doing[gasp] the
> unthinkable. I will be taking [groan] a dahon Helio folder that will fit into a flight legal 29"
> suitcase. The bike is pretty nice for a folding upright.Pluses are the fast fold, the 22lb weight
> and of course the low price. I figure I can ride the beast on the short rides I will be doing
> without too much pain with the addition of the cane creek thud buster seat post, the cane creek
> bar ends and comp pools front and rear. I'm already getting hate vibes from my bents. Check out
> the bike at dahon.com its the helios p8 Bad Bill

Originally posted by Bill B
I will be taking [groan] a dahon Helio folder that will fit into a flight legal 29"
suitcase.

Well at least your are getting to ride! I am thinking of buying one of those for my wife and I for when we travel.

Like you, I do not relish the fact of riding an upright, but it beats walkin!