Im a Fat *******, but.......

Mr. Beanz

Aug 18, 2015
I like having fun wearing silly jerseys fat *******, old fart, and others but knowing and meeting hundreds of local cyclists on cycling forums clubs, groups and weekend rides, I only know about 5 cyclists that own one of these. :D

Time to show off your "earned" jerseys.

20230408_135938.jpg
20181207_165858.jpg

Toughest century in SoCal.

Reactions: cobbwheels
That's impressive! Never had earned jerseys, I'm a dirt cheap ******* who won't spend any money on rides unless someone gave me money to buy loads of fruits and rice desserts typically found on road side stalls on mountain roads here. Never heard of an absolutely free event yet.

Reactions: Mr. Beanz
That's impressive! Never had earned jerseys, I'm a dirt cheap ******* who won't spend any money on rides unless someone gave me money to buy loads of fruits and rice desserts typically found on road side stalls on mountain roads here. Never heard of an absolutely free event yet.

I did several rides then figured it was much better riding with buddies for free then having a BBQ after the ride. :D

I did this ride and another similar ride 4 times for bragging rights. Had a lot of big talkers on local forums. Maybe 200 active poster and like 3 of us did these rides. :D

I'd mainly rode free rides, just cheap in that way. No event jerseys .

This century is not about money. 12,000 ft of gain timed event with cyt off times, its about cyclists trying to prove a point billed as tge toughest century in So California.

There are millions of cyclists around so being one of a couple hundred around here that has been able to complete it is an accomplishment.

If I were to wear my jersey on a bike ride, I'd probably get 50 riders saying, OMG you completed Breathless Agony? :D

I got socks too. Keeping them as a souvenir.

Reactions: cobbwheels
This century is not about money. 12,000 ft of gain timed event with cyt off times, its about cyclists trying to prove a point billed as tge toughest century in So California.

There are millions of cyclists around so being one of a couple hundred around here that has been able to complete it is an accomplishment.

If I were to wear my jersey on a bike ride, I'd probably get 50 riders saying, OMG you completed Breathless Agony? :D

I got socks too. Keeping them as a souvenir.

I know it's never about the money. Most events are cheap anyway. Over here, some events are even cheaper than decent quality jerseys! But I'm also cheaper than cheap.

The routes I do every weekend are popular routes for events. I'd already have few event jerseys myself if I hadn't been dirt cheap!

I know it's never about the money. Most events are cheap anyway. Over here, some events are even cheaper than decent quality jerseys! But I'm also cheaper than cheap.

The routes I do every weekend are popular routes for events. I'd already have few event jerseys myself if I hadn't been dirt cheap!

But again, this jersey isn't for signing up for an event. An earned jersey is one that only finishers get one. One must finish section by section under time limits or they are pulled off the course and disqualified.

I wouldn't waste my money on a fun ride jersey myself.

An earned jersey is one that only finishers get one. One must finish section by section under time limits or they are pulled off the course and disqualified.

I know what you meant the first time. We have the same system here.

This is why I told you how Impressed I am. My brother-in-law does events and I saw his earned jerseys and he tells how stringent they can be to avoid cheating. Even some of the organizers ride with the peloton as observers. Never invited me in his group rides though.

Reactions: Mr. Beanz
Hey there! When it comes to fitness and endurance in cycling, consistency is key. It's all about gradually increasing your training volume and intensity over time. A good mix of longer rides for building stamina and shorter, high-intensity sessions for power can work wonders. Don't forget to incorporate strength training off the bike to improve overall performance. And hey, if you're looking for group rides, there are plenty of cycling clubs that welcome riders of all levels. Keep pushing and enjoy the journey! ‍♂️