Im a loser

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by William Keehn, Feb 6, 2004.

  1. Hi everyone, I am a newbie, been lurking around here not much to say except that I joined WW 2 weeks
    ago and at my first WI I lost 10.4 pounds!!! and this past week I was down another 3 pounds, it is
    still a long hard road ahead of me but I am hoping I can do it this time!!! Thanks for listening!

    Tracy K Michigan

    Tags:

  2. Themom1

    Themom1 Guest

    That's great, Tracy! Keep up the good work!

    "william keehn" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi everyone, I am a newbie, been lurking around here not much to say
    except
    > that I joined WW 2 weeks ago and at my first WI I lost 10.4 pounds!!! and this past week I was
    > down another 3 pounds, it is still a long hard road ahead of me but I am hoping I can do it this
    > time!!! Thanks for listening!
    >
    > Tracy K Michigan

  3. Kate Dicey

    Kate Dicey Guest

    william keehn wrote:

    > Hi everyone, I am a newbie, been lurking around here not much to say except that I joined WW 2
    > weeks ago and at my first WI I lost 10.4 pounds!!! and this past week I was down another 3 pounds,
    > it is still a long hard road ahead of me but I am hoping I can do it this time!!! Thanks for
    > listening!
    >
    > Tracy K Michigan

    What a fantastic start!

    Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  4. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Great two week numbers. Congrats and welcome

    On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 17:55:02 -0500, "william keehn" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hi everyone, I am a newbie, been lurking around here not much to say except that I joined WW 2
    >weeks ago and at my first WI I lost 10.4 pounds!!! and this past week I was down another 3 pounds,
    >it is still a long hard road ahead of me but I am hoping I can do it this time!!! Thanks for
    >listening!
    >
    >Tracy K Michigan

  5. Hi Tracy! Welcome aboard this great newsgroup. Wow, you really started off with a bang!
    Congratulations on having 2 such successful weeks! Elaine K

    william keehn wrote:

    >Hi everyone, I am a newbie, been lurking around here not much to say except that I joined WW 2
    >weeks ago and at my first WI I lost 10.4 pounds!!! and this past week I was down another 3 pounds,
    >it is still a long hard road ahead of me but I am hoping I can do it this time!!! Thanks for
    >listening!
    >
    >Tracy K Michigan

  6. Nathalie W

    Nathalie W Guest

    Welcome ! And congrats on that splendid loss!
    --
    Nathalie from Belgium
    134.1/101.4/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
    134/1.102/212 lbs "william keehn" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:XN2dnQEwzqLwDYTdRVn-
    [email protected]
    > Hi everyone, I am a newbie, been lurking around here not much to say
    except
    > that I joined WW 2 weeks ago and at my first WI I lost 10.4 pounds!!! and this past week I was
    > down another 3 pounds, it is still a long hard road ahead of me but I am hoping I can do it this
    > time!!! Thanks for listening!
    >
    > Tracy K Michigan

  7. Krys

    Krys Guest

    Hi Tracy,

    glad to see you've stopped lurking - and welcome :) Sounds like you've gotten off to a great start!

    --
    krys

    UK 157/132/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 ...definitely making progress...

    "william keehn" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi everyone, I am a newbie, been lurking around here not much to say
    except
    > that I joined WW 2 weeks ago and at my first WI I lost 10.4 pounds!!! and this past week I was
    > down another 3 pounds, it is still a long hard road ahead of me but I am hoping I can do it this
    > time!!! Thanks for listening!
    >
    > Tracy K Michigan

  8. Ray Miller

    Ray Miller Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hi everyone, I am a newbie, been lurking around here not much to say except that I joined WW 2
    >weeks ago and at my first WI I lost 10.4 pounds!!! and this past week I was down another 3 pounds,
    >it is still a long hard road ahead of me but I am hoping I can do it this time!!! Thanks for
    >listening!
    >
    >Tracy K Michigan

    sounds like you have a great attitude. And you're off to a really good start

    Well done

    Ray
    --
    rmnsuk overall - 273/206/182

  9. Connie

    Connie Guest

    william keehn wrote:
    > Hi everyone, I am a newbie, been lurking around here not much to say except that I joined WW 2
    > weeks ago and at my first WI I lost 10.4 pounds!!! and this past week I was down another 3 pounds,
    > it is still a long hard road ahead of me but I am hoping I can do it this time!!! Thanks for
    > listening!
    >
    > Tracy K Michigan

    Hi Tracy:

    Good to meet a fellow loser!! Welcome to ASDWW!! There are lots of nice people here to support you
    on your weigh to victory!! Post often.

    Connie

    --

    Cheers,

    Connie Walsh

    241.5/205.5/155 RAFL 210.5/205.5/198.5

  10. 13 lbs in two weeks is a nice start. Congrats and welcome.

    Prairie Roots
    232/163.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

    On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 17:55:02 -0500, "william keehn" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hi everyone, I am a newbie, been lurking around here not much to say except that I joined WW 2
    >weeks ago and at my first WI I lost 10.4 pounds!!! and this past week I was down another 3 pounds,
    >it is still a long hard road ahead of me but I am hoping I can do it this time!!! Thanks for
    >listening!
    >
    >Tracy K Michigan

  11. Julieb

    Julieb Guest

    What a fabulous first loss Tracy! You can do it this time - we're right here with you. Here's your
    own copy of the welcome notice to get you started.

    Welcome to this great newsgroup where you'll receive lots of support, advice, and encouragement.
    Once a week on Sundays, I post a list of links that newcomers to asdww might find useful. You may
    want to look for that later in the week, or do a backwards search for last Sunday's post.

    In the meantime, here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ our welcome notice:
    http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html

    Frequently seen acronyms on this NG: NSV = Non-Scale Victory WOE = Way of Eating WOL = Way of Life
    (Living) OP = on Points or On Program DH = Dear or Darling Husband
    DS/DD/DGD/etc = Dear or Darling Son, Daughter, Granddaughter, etc WI = Weigh-in

    Amberle3's Challenges:

    HHH - Happy Healthy Holidays Exercise Challenge: http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/hhh.htm

    NYNY - New Year, New You Weight Loss Challenge: http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/nyny.htm

    THTP - Take Heart, Take Part Exercise Challenge: http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/thtp.htm

    RafL - Resolutions are for Losers Weight Loss Challenge:
    http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/rafl.htm

    Other acronyms: http://www.wwlissa.com/dwlz100+/100+acronyms.htm

    Here's a short synopsis of the USA program by Joyce -

    How many points you can eat is only based on your current weight, as you lose weight those points
    allowed will decrease (logic is that your body will need less to operate). At 183 pounds and based
    on the new US flexpoints system, you will have a set point target of 24. In addition to this you are
    allowed 35 flexpoints to be used throughout the week ... as well as any activity points you earn on
    a particular day. When your weight drops to 175, your target drops to 22 points ... weight reaches
    150, target once again drop to 20 points. 3 servings of dairy of recommended per day, 5 servings of
    fruit and veggies, minimum of 6 glasses of water.

    To calculate food and activity points, I love this computer desktop calculator ...
    http://www.zythra.com/downloads/points.exe

    The basic plan is easy. Eat at least your minimum daily number of points. Points do not carry over
    from day to day. You are allotted 35 weekly flexpoints to be used at your discretion ... can divide
    them up and use daily (would be an additional 5 points per day) or save them and use them for a
    special occassion during the week. Activity points are earned based when exercising, but can ONLY be
    used on the day they are earned.

    If you can afford $15/month, the online ww program might be a great thing for you to look into.
    There is lots of information available, as well as the food point database and journaling system.

    Joyce WW starting weight: 228.8 - 2/5/02 current weight: 133.3 Lifetime: 4/4/03

    Please note that if you live in onther countries (UK, Australia, NZ, Europe), the Points plans are
    different. The UK and Australia/NZ calculate points based on saturated fat and total kilojoules.
    Most of Europe calculates based on total fat and total kilojoules. The desktop calculator above can
    handle all of these programs.

    Disclaimer: As an unmoderated Usenet newsgroup, asdww is unusual in that most of the people who
    participate are respectful, considerate folks who freely share their experience with and knowledge
    of WW, weight loss, and maintenance. Yet occasionally, spammers, trolls, and flamers show up to post
    advertising, false information, insults, and the like. Nearly all of the time, people like this are
    just trying to yank someone's chain. Most of the regulars on this newsgroup offer their experience
    as a suggestion to try if you're stuck, but are quick to advise that each person has to find what
    works for him/herself. If someone posts something that doesn't sound right to you, ask the
    newsgroup, ask your WW leader, or ask your health professional.

    Much success on your weight loss journey! WW works!

    --
    Julie.
    93.5/72.3/74 (WW)/72 (Personal) kg

    Here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ and welcome notice:
    http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html

    "william keehn" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi everyone, I am a newbie, been lurking around here not much to say
    except
    > that I joined WW 2 weeks ago and at my first WI I lost 10.4 pounds!!! and this past week I was
    > down another 3 pounds, it is still a long hard road ahead of me but I am hoping I can do it this
    > time!!! Thanks for listening!
    >
    > Tracy K Michigan

  12. welcome and good luck, Lee
    william keehn <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi everyone, I am a newbie, been lurking around here not much to say
    except
    > that I joined WW 2 weeks ago and at my first WI I lost 10.4 pounds!!! and this past week I was
    > down another 3 pounds, it is still a long hard road ahead of me but I am hoping I can do it this
    > time!!! Thanks for listening!
    >
    > Tracy K Michigan

  13. Kristin

    Kristin Guest

    WOW Tracy... you are definitely off and runnin'. Congrats to you!

    --

    ~Kristin O~
    272/239.4/172

    "william keehn" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi everyone, I am a newbie, been lurking around here not much to say
    except
    > that I joined WW 2 weeks ago and at my first WI I lost 10.4 pounds!!! and this past week I was
    > down another 3 pounds, it is still a long hard road ahead of me but I am hoping I can do it this
    > time!!! Thanks for listening!
    >
    > Tracy K Michigan

  14. Charlie

    Charlie Guest

    Great start... You should feel better already!!!!

    Charlie

    online.co.uk...