I'm a raodie(freak) and I don't care!!!!

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Clydesdalemtb, May 29, 2003.

  1. The weather is just too damned crappy....The trais are saturated. Nothing left to do but practice on
    the UniCycle or go ride on the road. At least I'm "preserving" my "cross knobbies by keeping the
    road rubber on the Beer'Cross: http://www.shavings.net//images/bikes/CX/road-shoes.jpg

    Dam, that bike rides so SWEET I don't care if I'm riding pavement instead of dirt!

    Tags:

  2. Gary In Va

    Gary In Va Guest

    > The weather is just too damned crappy....The trais are saturated. Nothing left to do but practice
    > on the UniCycle or go ride on the road. At least I'm "preserving" my "cross knobbies by keeping
    > the road rubber on the Beer'Cross: http://www.shavings.net//images/bikes/CX/road-shoes.jpg
    >
    > Dam, that bike rides so SWEET I don't care if I'm riding pavement instead of dirt!

    Looks pretty sweet. You've got the same bars and shifters that I've got on my Hab CX.

    Gary in VA (time to start a Hab club)

  3. Technician

    Technician Guest

    > The weather is just too damned crappy....The trais are saturated. Nothing left to do but practice
    > on the UniCycle or go ride on the road. At least I'm "preserving" my "cross knobbies by keeping
    > the road rubber on the Beer'Cross: http://www.shavings.net//images/bikes/CX/road-shoes.jpg
    >
    > Dam, that bike rides so SWEET I don't care if I'm riding pavement instead of dirt!

    must have freaked out the other roadies in that you had duel disk brakes.

    Them's are bright wheels too.
    --
    ~Travis

  4. Gary in VA wrote:
    > "ClydesdaleMTB" <[email protected]> wrote
    >> At least I'm "preserving" my "cross knobbies by keeping the road rubber on the Beer'Cross:
    >> http://www.shavings.net//images/bikes/CX/road-shoes.jpg

    > You've got the same bars and shifters that I've got on my Hab CX.

    Imagine that! Well.... the Bar-Con shifters DID come from you ;-)

    > Gary in VA (time to start a Hab club)

    Yahoo Groups?

  5. Technician wrote:

    > must have freaked out the other roadies in that you had duel disk brakes.

    I've had quite a few roadies ask me about the disc brakes. They all seem to be amazed that nobody
    thought of it earlier. Like: "Wow what a great idea how/where did you get those!??!?!?!"

    > Them's are bright wheels too.

    That's the point.

  6. Technician

    Technician Guest

    ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> spoke thusly...

    > Technician wrote:
    >
    > > must have freaked out the other roadies in that you had duel disk brakes.
    >

    > I've had quite a few roadies ask me about the disc brakes. They all seem to be amazed that nobody
    > thought of it earlier. Like: "Wow what a great idea how/where did you get those!??!?!?!"

    ROFLMAO, nice. them roadies are behind the times ain't they. ahh well, they probably weigh too much
    for their tastes anyway.

    > > Them's are bright wheels too.
    >
    > That's the point.

    And a bright point it is.
    --
    ~Travis

  7. Have a look at:http://www.sticha.ch/morati/road/default.html It's the swiss importer of Hope disc
    brakes, he adapts them on the Morati titanium frames...

    Technician a écrit:
    > ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> spoke thusly...
    >

    >>Technician wrote:
    >>

    >>>must have freaked out the other roadies in that you had duel disk brakes.
    >>

    >>I've had quite a few roadies ask me about the disc brakes. They all seem to be amazed that nobody
    >>thought of it earlier. Like: "Wow what a great idea how/where did you get those!??!?!?!"
    >>

    > ROFLMAO, nice. them roadies are behind the times ain't they. ahh well, they probably weigh too
    > much for their tastes anyway.
    >

    >>>Them's are bright wheels too.
    >>
    >>That's the point.
    >>

    > And a bright point it is.

  8. Supabonbon

    Supabonbon Guest

    ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > The weather is just too damned crappy....The trais are saturated. Nothing left to do but practice
    > on the UniCycle or go ride on the road. At least I'm "preserving" my "cross knobbies by keeping
    > the road rubber on the Beer'Cross: http://www.shavings.net//images/bikes/CX/road-shoes.jpg
    >
    > Dam, that bike rides so SWEET I don't care if I'm riding pavement instead of dirt!

    Hah! That didn't take long. Realize, Satan doesn't commit evil acts of force, but gently coerces
    into temptation.

    Mr. Hickey, just out of curiosity, is titanium brazeable for, say, rack eyelets?

    /s Satan laughing spreads his wings

  9. supabonbon wrote:
    > ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    >>The weather is just too damned crappy....The trais are saturated. Nothing left to do but practice
    >>on the UniCycle or go ride on the road. At least I'm "preserving" my "cross knobbies by keeping
    >>the road rubber on the Beer'Cross: http://www.shavings.net//images/bikes/CX/road-shoes.jpg
    >>
    >>Dam, that bike rides so SWEET I don't care if I'm riding pavement instead of dirt!
    >

    > Hah! That didn't take long. Realize, Satan doesn't commit evil acts of force, but gently coerces
    > into temptation.
    >
    > Mr. Hickey, just out of curiosity, is titanium brazeable for, say, rack eyelets?

    My frame was spec'ed and built with rack and fender eyelets.

    It was built to be an "all in one" with emphasis in 'Cross and all day touring comfort... but I'm
    finding that the thing also FLIES down the road and corners better than my old Crit bike.

    "The road to hell is paved."

  10. Mark Hickey

    Mark Hickey Guest

    [email protected] (supabonbon) wrote:

    >ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    >> The weather is just too damned crappy....The trais are saturated. Nothing left to do but practice
    >> on the UniCycle or go ride on the road. At least I'm "preserving" my "cross knobbies by keeping
    >> the road rubber on the Beer'Cross: http://www.shavings.net//images/bikes/CX/road-shoes.jpg
    >>
    >> Dam, that bike rides so SWEET I don't care if I'm riding pavement instead of dirt!
    >
    >Hah! That didn't take long. Realize, Satan doesn't commit evil acts of force, but gently coerces
    >into temptation.
    >
    >Mr. Hickey, just out of curiosity, is titanium brazeable for, say, rack eyelets?

    I read somewhere that it could be brazed if you could manage to get the welder and the frame into a
    total vacuum. It's hard to keep good welders around when you ask them to do that, so for all intents
    and purposes - no, it's not really brazeable.

    99% of titanium welding is done with TIG.

    >/s Satan laughing spreads his wings

    Bwah hah hah hhhaaaahhhhhhh